Windows 10: Why does mail sit in the outbox forever?

Discus and support Why does mail sit in the outbox forever? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sent email frequently sits in the outbox for hours or sometimes indefinitely. Resetting the app did not fix the problem, and I have no other problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RS-AZ, Jun 5, 2020.

1. RS-AZ Win User

Why does mail sit in the outbox forever?

Sent email frequently sits in the outbox for hours or sometimes indefinitely. Resetting the app did not fix the problem, and I have no other problems with the outlook account that is not sending correctly. It sends just fine from my LG phone mail app, as well as from outlook.com. A similar thread a year ago asking the same question was locked inexplicably without any answer being given, but almost 1000 people said they had the same issue. Can you give us some guidance on how to fix it, or release an app update please???

:)

RS-AZ, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Barbara I Win User

Outbox not sending mail

I did find the outbox. It went to the top of the list. However, I still can't send mail. Any suggestions?

Thanks, I appreciate your replies.

Barbara I, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Phone email not sending just sitting in outbox

Hi all

My windows 10 phone emails were all working fine and now my hosted email addresses don't want to send any emails out through the outlook mail app on my phone. I hit send and they just sit in the outbox, to never be sent. I have tried deleting the accounts
    and re-adding them but the problem still remains. Any suggestions on how I fix this?

Cheers,

Sarah

SarahLovison, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Error saying: There is unsent email in the Outbox!

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• How are you accessing your Email?

• Are you using Mail app or Outlook client?
    I suggest you to go to Outbox in your email account and check do you have any email in outbox. If you have any email then I suggest you to delete the email and check if it helps.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Why does mail sit in the outbox forever? - Similar Threads - Why does mail

2. Windows 10 mail not longer sending - sitting in outbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail not longer sending - sitting in outbox: I have used windows mail on my new laptop since April 2020 with no problems. Sometime in this last month I can not longer send or reply to emails. All other functions work properly. I have tried every troubleshooting option I can find on line. Deleting & re adding...
  3. sitting does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    sitting does not work: sitting does not launch it disappear instantly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sitting-does-not-work/ec9d3dc6-22dc-4f78-b299-cb3a74e93c70
  4. Why does Windows 10 take FOREVER to connect to my router?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows 10 take FOREVER to connect to my router?: So I have an ASUS laptop and an ASUS AC-1750 router. Generally, I love ASUS products. But for some reason, Windows 10 takes FOREVER to connect to the router. It's such a pain that I often end up swearing at windows when it goes to sleep or hibernates because it takes anywhere...
  5. Help with "Outbox" e-mails not being in new Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Help with "Outbox" e-mails not being in new Microsoft Edge: Hello, I need help figuring out why all my e-mails that I have set up using the "delay delivery" option are not being sent. I can't get the little "paper airplane" to show up showing my e-mail is ready to go. This function is a huge part of my job and I'm VERY frustrated...
  6. Win 10 and Mail Software--Mail stuck in Outbox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 and Mail Software--Mail stuck in Outbox: (This may be a repeat of a question I posted early this morning but I can't find any trace of the question I thought was posted!) I have two laptop computers, one running Win 7 which I use when not traveling, and one that runs Win 10 when I am on the road. Yesterday night...
  7. Sandbox sits on a blue windows and does nothing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandbox sits on a blue windows and does nothing: i have new windows build enabled sandbox it opens but then sits on a blue windows and does nothing ??? it was working after i got the new build last night but now nothing ? 133141
  8. Outbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outbox: How do I get to the out going mail box, I call it the outbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outbox/cb08fb00-778e-4ec2-8111-b3128e608509
  9. E-mails showing as in Outbox but folder is empty (Outlook 2010)

in Browsers and Email
    E-mails showing as in Outbox but folder is empty (Outlook 2010): At work, I am trying to send some e-mails in Outlook 2010 but they're getting stuck in the Outbox folder (and the recipients are not receiving them). Outlook shows: Outbox [4] When I open the Outbox folder, no e-mails are inside. The Outbox folder shows, "There...
  10. Why does Disk Clean-up take forever?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does Disk Clean-up take forever?: Windows 10.10240 on a 40 GB HDD partition - required to make another 7 GB for upgrade to 10.10586. Deleted a few GB of ISO downloads and then ran Disk Clean-up for about 400MB. So far it has taken about twice as long to do the clean up as it will to complete the upgrade,...