Windows 10: Why does Microsoft abandon its 2.7 billion windows gamers?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft abandon its 2.7 billion windows gamers? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Microsoft did not even put a games help in the windows 10 community support topics! Microsoft run by such fools to discount the people who drove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardMerriman, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Why does Microsoft abandon its 2.7 billion windows gamers?

Microsoft did not even put a games help in the windows 10 community support topics! Microsoft run by such fools to discount the people who drove the PCs to what they have become today?!?! Do you think emails and twitter made computers faster and faster? Do you think spreadsheets required faster and faster? NO! It has always been the gamers! Now we who built the computer world to what it is today are completely ignored by Microsoft even though there are more than 2.7 billion of us!!!

Windows 10 can not run the game Dead Space any more! The mouse movements do not register. I bought a corded mouse just to make sure it was not the wireless and it made no difference. Windows XP and 7 both ran it fine! Dead Space series is one of the best ever made but now it is unplayable!!!

Why the hell should I spend my money buying computers and windows upgrades if all my favorite old games stop working?!?!?!?!

:)

RichardMerriman, Mar 16, 2019

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Why does Microsoft abandon its 2.7 billion windows gamers? [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Mar 16, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows 7 RC Available for Download

The wait is over, Microsoft has published the official download page for Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), that's not some pirated torrent link. Offered now directly from Microsoft are five different language versions (English, German, Japanese, French, and Spanish) of both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 RC. Minimum system specs to run Windows 7 include:
    • 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    • 1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
    Don't waste more time, and go directly to the Windows 7 RC download page.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Mar 16, 2019
  4. BigMack70 Win User

Why does Microsoft abandon its 2.7 billion windows gamers?

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Why does Microsoft abandon its 2.7 billion windows gamers?

1. Why does Microsoft abandon its 2.7 billion windows gamers? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. My Microsoft Surface book 2 does not charge with its magnetic charger.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft Surface book 2 does not charge with its magnetic charger.: ,I have tried putting it either way tried with different power outlets etc,The charger seem to be all okay.There is no light on too. i tried with the tablet and base ,it seem to not detect the charger....
  3. My Microsoft Surface book 2 does not charge with its magnetic charger.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Surface book 2 does not charge with its magnetic charger.: ,I have tried putting it either way tried with different power outlets etc,The charger seem to be all okay.There is no light on too. i tried with the tablet and base ,it seem to not detect the charger....
  4. gamer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gamer: graphics setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamer/10fd553c-b8dd-49e3-aee2-a9b2db6345fc
  5. Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...: OK, not really billions, but probably like 100+ "OpenWith.exe" processes keep popping up over time. This has been happening since I built my new machine. I don't recall this happening with my previous build and I am at a loss as to why this is happening at all. I've scanned...
  6. why has my mother abandoned me

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why has my mother abandoned me: [ATTACH]My greatest fear is that people find out my insecurities and torment me for my inordinate fallacies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-has-my-mother-abandoned-me/e93f3989-2a4f-4e3b-b534-8a8a2901e427
  7. Microsoft to acquire GitHub for $7.5 billion

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to acquire GitHub for $7.5 billion: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter[/quote] [quote] Today, we announced an agreement to acquire GitHub, the world’s leading software development platform. I want to share what this acquisition will mean for our industry and for developers. The era of the...
  8. Microsoft will invest $5 billion in IoT

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will invest $5 billion in IoT: Today, we are announcing that we will invest $5 billion in the Internet of Things over the next four years. The reason we are doing this is simple: Our goal is to give every customer the ability to transform their businesses, and the world at large, with connected solutions....
  9. Microsoft Expects 1 Billion Windows 10 Devices In 2-3 Years

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Expects 1 Billion Windows 10 Devices In 2-3 Years: At its Build developer conference today, Microsoft announced that it expects Windows 10, its forthcoming operating system, to run on 1 billion devices in two to three years. That’s the idea, at least. The goal is reasonable, given the company’s decision to offer Windows 10...
  10. Microsoft buys LinkedIn for $26.2 billion

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft buys LinkedIn for $26.2 billion: Microsoft buys LinkedIn for $26.2 billion Microsoft is buying social-network vendor LinkedIn for $26.2 billion. [img] Microsoft is buying social-networking site LinkedIn for $26.2 billion, company officials announced June 13. The move fits in with Microsoft's...