Windows 10: why does microsoft brake windows 10 pro and cover up broken network discovery

Discus and support why does microsoft brake windows 10 pro and cover up broken network discovery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; why does Microsoft brake windows 10 pro and cover up broken network discovery. no shared files on my network because of Microsoft.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lars Blizard, May 16, 2021.

1. why does microsoft brake windows 10 pro and cover up broken network discovery

why does Microsoft brake windows 10 pro and cover up broken network discovery. no shared files on my network because of Microsoft.

:)

Lars Blizard, May 16, 2021

2. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, May 16, 2021
  3. Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909

1. Make sure that the following dependency services are started:
      • DNS Client
      • Function Discovery Resource Publication
      • SSDP Discovery
      • UPnP Device Host
    2. Configure the Windows firewall to allow Network Discovery. To do this, follow these steps:
      1. Open Control Panel, click System and Security, and then click Windows Firewall.
      2. In the left pane, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2012. Or, click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server
        2008 R2.
      3. Click Change settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
      4. Select Network discovery, and then click OK.
    3. Configure other firewalls in the network to allow Network Discovery.
    4. Turn on Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center.

ShenCervantes, May 16, 2021
  4. why does microsoft brake windows 10 pro and cover up broken network discovery

Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909

1. Make sure that the following dependency services are started:
      • DNS Client
      • Function Discovery Resource Publication
      • SSDP Discovery
      • UPnP Device Host
    2. Configure the Windows firewall to allow Network Discovery. To do this, follow these steps:
      1. Open Control Panel, click System and Security, and then click Windows Firewall.
      2. In the left pane, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2012. Or, click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall if you are running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server
        2008 R2.
      3. Click Change settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
      4. Select Network discovery, and then click OK.
    3. Configure other firewalls in the network to allow Network Discovery.
    4. Turn on Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center.

ShenCervantes, May 16, 2021
Thema:

why does microsoft brake windows 10 pro and cover up broken network discovery

1. why does microsoft brake windows 10 pro and cover up broken network discovery - Similar Threads - why does microsoft

2. Windows 10 network discovery does not find computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network discovery does not find computers: I have a home network with a Desktop PC, a laptop, and an NAS disk drive all connecter by wired ethernet. The laptop and the PC both run Windows 10 and it is up to date on both. When I click on the Network line in File Explorer on the PC it shows all the connected devices in...
  3. why does microsoft disable network discovery?

why does microsoft disable network discovery?: why does Microsoft disable network discovery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-disable-network-discovery/317ceb9a-b3e4-474c-8b92-c45a9d558e72
  4. win 10 pro network discovery

win 10 pro network discovery: win 10 pro network discovery does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-network-discovery/19793eff-abd5-4baf-a8d4-14aecaa7f158
  5. win 10 pro network discovery

win 10 pro network discovery: win 10 pro network discovery not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-network-discovery/a3344675-887f-4aea-bd46-c25c1cdd9c0c
  6. why Microsoft built win 10 not to have network discovery

why Microsoft built win 10 not to have network discovery: win 10 will only work on network to get internet and printers. network discovery is disabled and will not work. tied in vane to make it work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsoft-built-win-10-not-to-have-network/61d75db8-ce78-4dec-846a-190adc53ba7e
  7. network discovery windows 10 pro 18363

network discovery windows 10 pro 18363: Latest version W10, how do I turn on network discovery (in plain english). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-discovery-windows-10-pro-18363/4bc375dd-1c2f-4ab0-a387-ef75eabebc3c
  8. Network discovery does not stay on - Windows 10 PC

Network discovery does not stay on - Windows 10 PC: I have 2 windows 10 PCs - one is a Brix connected to the internet via a Fios router by ethernet. It has a USB printer attached to it. The other is a HP connected to the router over WiFi. Both are on a private network. Both can access the internet. I am trying to get the HP...
  9. Network Discovery.

Network Discovery.: Network Discovery. I added a USB memory stick to my router (as suggested by Computer Active) I tried to access it from my laptop by trying \\192.168.1.1 (My router default gateway) as suggested in the article. It came back with Network Discovery must be switched on - - - - -...
  10. Computer Not Showing Up in Network Discovery

Computer Not Showing Up in Network Discovery: So, I have had this issue since 1709 and 1803 hasn't fixed the issue. So I have a Mac Pro set up as a server, and on my Surface I can see the shares and access it just fine. But when I go to my Gaming Computer which is all connected to the same network it can't seem to find...