Windows 10: Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My VIPRE reports that it blocked the "Telemetry" attempted to modify armlink.exe that comes from TI's CCSV5.Here is the reportEvent Type2 --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joe Zhang1, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?

My VIPRE reports that it blocked the "Telemetry" attempted to modify armlink.exe that comes from TI's CCSV5.Here is the reportEvent Type2 -- NotifyTimeout0sMonitor Source2003 -- On File AccessMessage ID{E59653E1-6450-4AE4-B0C9-994EAD5FFF38}Monitor Type2 -- FileRecommend System ScanYesAP SDK Version10.4.0.31Threat Definitions Version108735Event Actor Enum2 -- ObjectEvent Date/Time2024-02-20T11:05:01Remote Client AddressFile PathC:\Windows\System32\CompatTelRunner.exeProcess ID8236File Size185728BCRC80000000000000000Application Rating0 -- UnknownAdded To Always Allow ListNoCompanyMicrosoft

:)

Joe Zhang1, Feb 20, 2024
  2. Ima Troll Win User

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility is, simply stated, a virus that ships with Windows.

• Hit the Windows key and type Task Scheduler
    • Drill down to Task Scheduler Library | Microsoft | Windows | Application Experience
    • Disable Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser
    • Disable ProgramDataUpdater

Ima Troll, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Zero MSN Win User
    Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Thank you so much. This was killing off the battery and the CPU on my Surface. To make it worse, the fan would make a lot of noise to cool the system down.

Now it's running so much better and a lot quieter too.

Zero MSN, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?

Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?

My VIPRE reports that it blocked the "Telemetry" attempted to modify armlink.exe that comes from TI's CCSV5.

Here is the report

[table][tr][td]Event Type[/td][td]2 -- Notify[/td][/tr][tr][td]Timeout[/td][td]0(s)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Monitor Source[/td][td]2003 -- On File Access[/td][/tr][tr][td]Message ID[/td][td]{E59653E1-6450-4AE4-B0C9-994EAD5FFF38}[/td][/tr][tr][td]Monitor Type[/td][td]2 -- File[/td][/tr][tr][td]Recommend System Scan[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]AP SDK Version[/td][td]10.4.0.31[/td][/tr][tr][td]Threat Definitions Version[/td][td]108735[/td][/tr][tr][td]Event Actor Enum[/td][td]2 -- Object[/td][/tr][tr][td]Event Date/Time[/td][td]2024-02-20T11:05:01[/td][/tr][tr][td]Remote Client Address[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]File Path[/td][td]C:\Windows\System32\CompatTelRunner.exe[/td][/tr][tr][td]Process ID[/td][td]8236[/td][/tr][tr][td]File Size[/td][td]185728(B)[/td][/tr][tr][td]CRC8[/td][td]0000000000000000[/td][/tr][tr][td]Application Rating[/td][td]0 -- Unknown[/td][/tr][tr][td]Added To Always Allow List[/td][td]No[/td][/tr][tr][td]Company[/td][td]Microsoft Corporation[/td][/tr][tr][td]File Version[/td][td]10.0.19645.1102 (WinBuild.160101.0800)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Product Name[/td][td]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/td][/tr][tr][td]Product Version[/td][td]10.0.19645.1102[/td][/tr][tr][td]Description[/td][td]Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry[/td][/tr][tr][td]Copyright[/td][td]© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]File Path[/td][td]C:\ti\ccsv5\tools\compiler\arm_5.0.1\bin\armlnk.exe[/td][/tr][tr][td]MD5[/td][td]7dec832c9cde5c6b6d3d4c9923fdb131[/td][/tr][tr][td]CRC8[/td][td]0000000000000000[/td][/tr][tr][td]Application Rating[/td][td]2 -- Known Bad[/td][/tr][tr][td]Threat ID[/td][td]20000001[/td][/tr][tr][td]Company[/td][td]Texas Instruments Incorporated[/td][/tr][tr][td]File Version[/td][td]v5.0.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Product Name[/td][td]TI ARM Compiler Tools[/td][/tr][tr][td]Product Version[/td][td]v5.0.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Description[/td][td]TI ARM Linker v5.0.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Copyright[/td][td]Copyright © 1996-2012 Texas Instruments[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]User Name[/td][td]\\NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Action[/td][td]2 -- Blocked[/td][/tr][tr][td]Reason[/td][td]2 -- VIPRE Known[/td][/tr][/table]

My question is that I understand why the "Telemetry" collected and send info, but why modify this program, which might cause this program not running any more that will stop my work. And I woudl like Microsofte to comfirm if this Telemetry did and how to avoid such modications.

Thanks

Joe Zhang1, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?

1. Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?: My VIPRE reports that it blocked the "Telemetry" attempted to modify armlink.exe that comes from TI's CCSV5.Here is the reportEvent Type2 -- NotifyTimeout0sMonitor Source2003 -- On File AccessMessage ID{E59653E1-6450-4AE4-B0C9-994EAD5FFF38}Monitor Type2 -- FileRecommend...
  3. Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?: My VIPRE reports that it blocked the "Telemetry" attempted to modify armlink.exe that comes from TI's CCSV5.Here is the reportEvent Type2 -- NotifyTimeout0sMonitor Source2003 -- On File AccessMessage ID{E59653E1-6450-4AE4-B0C9-994EAD5FFF38}Monitor Type2 -- FileRecommend...
  4. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry: I followed this instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-disabling-windows-compatibility/6bf71583-81b0-4a74-ae2e-8fd73305aad1 Microsoft Compatibility telemetry still triggers itselfI want it to permanently delete it from the computer....
  5. What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?: Hello. I found the following answer to my question:"The Windows Compatibility Telemetry is a service in Windows 10 which contains technical data on how the device and its related software is working. It periodically sends the data to Microsoft for future improvement of the...
  6. What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?: Hello. I found the following answer to my question:"The Windows Compatibility Telemetry is a service in Windows 10 which contains technical data on how the device and its related software is working. It periodically sends the data to Microsoft for future improvement of the...
  7. What data does the Compatibility Telemetry collects and sends to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. why does windows defender stop Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry from running?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does windows defender stop Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry from running?: For the first time ever, I was notified that Defender has prevented compatTelrunner from accessing memory. Any idea why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-defender-stop-microsoft/213b7e81-dc08-4c30-b2fa-5236566fdd34
  9. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is part of Planned Obsolecence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is part of Planned Obsolecence: With the recent update to 1803 this month (2018-09) Compattelrunner.exe was renewed on my system and set back to full operational status. This is after I created a dummy file of compattelrunner.exe (created a notepad txt file and renamed it to compattelrunner.exe and...
  10. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry AppCrash

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry AppCrash: I guess this is not a new question and apologise in advance if I am repeating it but I failed to unearth anything helpful through Search: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 one month ago. Reliability Monitor, which I run every day, has advised me three times since May 22nd...