Windows 10: Why does Microsoft continue to push out updates which have been failing since the beginning...

Discus and support Why does Microsoft continue to push out updates which have been failing since the beginning... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is my second request.Kenneth P. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kenneth P. Yates, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Why does Microsoft continue to push out updates which have been failing since the beginning...

This is my second request.Kenneth P. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Kenneth P. Yates, Jul 10, 2024
  2. OSdevr Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Jul 10, 2024
  3. SOG75Mid Win User
    Update 1709 continually fails

My machine continually attempts to install 1709. It has failed (at least) 15 times in exactly the same place on the update process.

At 54% it tries to restart the machine and never comes back. I have left it alone for many hours (overnight in one case) to no avail. When I power down the machine to get something working, it proceeds to 82% and then hangs again.

ASUS does not have my computer on the list of machines certified for 1709 so no surprise it fails - shouldn't windows update be smart enough to check vendor lists before applying a fix?

I have done all the fix steps that have been logged in other threads (clean boot; disable all USB connections; update all drivers; run SC and DISM) including the ISO solution.

I am beginning to think that the only prudent upgrade step left to me right now either involves Linux or Mac OSX.

How can I stop windows update from doing it over and over again. This is extremely frustrating and borders on Einstein's definition of insanity.

SOG75Mid, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Why does Microsoft continue to push out updates which have been failing since the beginning...

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Why does Microsoft continue to push out updates which have been failing since the beginning...

1. Why does Microsoft continue to push out updates which have been failing since the beginning... - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. why does windows feature update 22h2 continue to complete and fail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows feature update 22h2 continue to complete and fail?: Minecraft will download but it says i need the update, so i download it and it fails after completing. Like it says download complete and when i restart my pc and go to update history it just says the date and and failed. It has done this since march 3rd. Don't know if this...
  3. why does windows feature update 22h2 continue to complete and fail?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why does windows feature update 22h2 continue to complete and fail?: Minecraft will download but it says i need the update, so i download it and it fails after completing. Like it says download complete and when i restart my pc and go to update history it just says the date and and failed. It has done this since march 3rd. Don't know if this...
  4. Why does Microsoft continue to push out updates which have been failing since the beginning...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft continue to push out updates which have been failing since the beginning...: This is my second request.Kenneth P. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-continue-to-push-out-updates/41666df9-4ebf-4b14-b360-517f7fe0b1b9
  5. Why does Microsoft continue to push out updates which have been failing since the beginning...

Why does Microsoft continue to push out updates which have been failing since the beginning...: This is my second request.Kenneth P. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-continue-to-push-out-updates/41666df9-4ebf-4b14-b360-517f7fe0b1b9
  6. Why hasn't Microsoft fixed this freezing issue, which, apparently, has been continuing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why hasn't Microsoft fixed this freezing issue, which, apparently, has been continuing...: Why hasn't Microsoft fixed this freezing issue, which, apparently, has been continuing since 2015!!! MICROSOFT FREEZES NO MATER WHAT BROWSER!!! I won't use edge! It is NOT my default, but you insist on opening things in edge!!! Edge sucks! Bing sucks! But you refuse to let me...
  7. Why hasn't Microsoft fixed this freezing issue, which, apparently, has been continuing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why hasn't Microsoft fixed this freezing issue, which, apparently, has been continuing...: Why hasn't Microsoft fixed this freezing issue, which, apparently, has been continuing since 2015!!! MICROSOFT FREEZES NO MATER WHAT BROWSER!!! I won't use edge! It is NOT my default, but you insist on opening things in edge!!! Edge sucks! Bing sucks! But you refuse to let me...
  8. Why hasn't Microsoft fixed this freezing issue, which, apparently, has been continuing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. why does this update continuously fail to install

why does this update continuously fail to install: [ATTACH] I've tried multiple times but it just gives me the same error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-update-continuously-fail-to-install/554bb817-c1ea-48ac-bc00-460c10dc526a
  10. Updates have not been updating since KB4503308.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates have not been updating since KB4503308.: Hi Everyone, I have been running into an update problem today with the update KB4501375, I receive the error 0x8000ffff. I have looked into my update history and it seems the last few have not updated....see image. Any ideas on how to fix this? I think there may be some...