Windows 10: Why does Microsoft David get laryngitis? Seriously.

Discus and support Why does Microsoft David get laryngitis? Seriously. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It would sound more serious if the question were posed more scientifically such as "why does the audio waveform of the Microsoft David read-aloud... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Evern Otes, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Why does Microsoft David get laryngitis? Seriously.

It would sound more serious if the question were posed more scientifically such as "why does the audio waveform of the Microsoft David read-aloud become at times distorted and its amplitude dimished" but that would not convey the question most exactly and effectively. When this occurs the synthesized voice sounds more exactly like a real person with laryngitis than the normal robotic voice sounds like a real person's voice because when we have laryngitis (you have to trust me that I'm a real person) we have to strain to speak and naturally sound more unnatural, or robotic.

I'll try to record when Microsoft David gets laryngitis again and upload it (assuming I can) since I don't yet know how to replicate the problem and therefore have to wait until it just happens.

Oh, yes, this is happening on Windows 10 when Microsoft David is reciting an Office 365 Word document.

Posting this under Windows 10, Performance & system failures, though it could have been posted under Mixed Reality but wasn't sure if this category was intended to include this type of issue.

:)

Evern Otes, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

David Whitford

Hi David,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps:

• Click Start , click Run , type regedit , and then click OK .
    • Expand the following subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

• Right-click Winlogon , point to New , and then click DWORD Value .
    • To name the new entry, type GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then click Modify .
    • Under Base , click Decimal .
    • In the Value data box, type 60 , and then click OK .
    • Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
    • If the Group Policy startup script does not run, increase the value of the GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue registry entry.

Auto-Kill All Programs at Shutdown
    • Step 1: Go to “Start,” “Run,” and type regedit.
    • Step 2: Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    • Step 3: Find the Registry Key called AutoEndTasks and right-click then select Modify. Change the value to 1.
    Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Sep 15, 2018
  3. David Harris

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.
      • Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Why does Microsoft David get laryngitis? Seriously.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Why does Microsoft David get laryngitis? Seriously.

1. Why does Microsoft David get laryngitis? Seriously. - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Please does david martin ms11001 work for microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please does david martin ms11001 work for microsoft: is david martin ms11001 a employee for microsoft * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-does-david-martin-ms11001-work-for/2076ecc7-0985-474c-a0a3-b4000b0bb56d
  3. Please does david martin ms11001 work for microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please does david martin ms11001 work for microsoft: is david martin ms11001 a employee for microsoft * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-does-david-martin-ms11001-work-for/2076ecc7-0985-474c-a0a3-b4000b0bb56d
  4. Please does david martin ms11001 work for microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. david montero

david montero: Buen díaTengo unaDell p57g002. Inspiron 13 7359 2-in-1 Deseo instalar Windows 7 para probar y solucionar lentitud actual, pero no me reconoce hdd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/david-montero/2bf1503e-3377-45be-b37e-c4997a7b62b4
  6. Does built-in Microsoft David free to use for commercial purposes?

Does built-in Microsoft David free to use for commercial purposes?: I'm a content creator on Youtube and wanted to use text to speech software and Microsoft David voice for commercial purposes. If I can, do I need specific licenses?...
  7. Does built-in Microsoft David free to use for commercial purposes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does built-in Microsoft David free to use for commercial purposes?: I'm a content creator on Youtube and wanted to use text to speech software and Microsoft David voice for commercial purposes. If I can, do I need specific licenses?...
  8. Seriously, why does this keep happening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seriously, why does this keep happening: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/racka98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4xsph/seriously_why_does_this_keep_happening/
  9. Why does this serious flaw remain unfixed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does this serious flaw remain unfixed?: [img] I'm a relative newcomer to Win 10, but it's still been 10 months since I encountered this exasperating issue, and I assume it's been present since Win 10 was launched? I can't fathom why there haven't been more complaints to get it fixed. -- Terry, East Grinstead,...
  10. Seriously Microsoft??

in Windows 10 Support
    Seriously Microsoft??: Service contract have always been in place for software, be that OS and/or apps. Generally along the line of indemnifying the company: provider/seller is not responsible for any illegal or harmful use of the product or service There had been no specifics provided for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue