Windows 10: Why does Microsoft delete my apps when they do an update?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft delete my apps when they do an update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why does Microsoft delete my apps every time they do an update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RosePalmer, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Why does Microsoft delete my apps when they do an update?

Why does Microsoft delete my apps every time they do an update?

:)

RosePalmer, Nov 22, 2018
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Nov 22, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Why don't the old versions of software get deleted when updating?

Most of the Microsoft ones are looked at as updates.
    The Java ones... you have to delete the versions you don't want.

There are ways to clean up the listing... manually or by some software.

EDIT: Some is poorly written software that does not clean up after itself, too.

95Viper, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Why does Microsoft delete my apps when they do an update?

Microsoft Phot App

Hi PaBluOz,

Since the language on your PC is already set to Australian English, then I suggest that you reset your Microsoft Photos app. Note that the app's data will be deleted once you reset it.

To reset the Photos app, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Locate and select Photos from the list of apps.
    3. Click Advanced options, then click Reset.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Why does Microsoft delete my apps when they do an update?

1. Why does Microsoft delete my apps when they do an update? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. why does app still appear when i deleted it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does app still appear when i deleted it?: I had previously downloaded a screen recording app, later i decided that i didnt need it and i uninstalled it. The problem comes after this, every time i start my pc, the app automatically opens as a default app even though i already unintalled it. i went to check the...
  3. why does app still appear when i deleted it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does app still appear when i deleted it?: I had previously downloaded a screen recording app, later i decided that i didnt need it and i uninstalled it. The problem comes after this, every time i start my pc, the app automatically opens as a default app even though i already unintalled it. i went to check the...
  4. why does this keep happening to my microsoft store app when i try to update my apps/install...

why does this keep happening to my microsoft store app when i try to update my apps/install...: every time i attempt to install or update an app in my microsoft store app, it will eventually just say "something went wrong on our end" for 90% of the updates. Ive tried internet methods but none work, as if this problem has only ever happened to me and no one else on the...
  5. why does this keep happening to my microsoft store app when i try to update my apps/install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does this keep happening to my microsoft store app when i try to update my apps/install...: every time i attempt to install or update an app in my microsoft store app, it will eventually just say "something went wrong on our end" for 90% of the updates. Ive tried internet methods but none work, as if this problem has only ever happened to me and no one else on the...
  6. Why do microsoft keep deleting "games" on updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do microsoft keep deleting "games" on updates?: Microsoft - is it really too hard for you to just get that people prefer the original version of "games" rather than your latest version which comes with tracking?Why do you insist on deleting the files on updates - just get over it and stop wasting peoples time....
  7. Why do microsoft keep deleting "games" on updates?

Why do microsoft keep deleting "games" on updates?: Microsoft - is it really too hard for you to just get that people prefer the original version of "games" rather than your latest version which comes with tracking?Why do you insist on deleting the files on updates - just get over it and stop wasting peoples time....
  8. why does microsoft delete our files during windows updates...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why does microsoft delete our files during windows updates...: i dont care if you need to delete files of your own apps and windows to put new ones...... but any other file is off limits ! no matter where they are on our hard drives. no matter when they were created no matter what app created them.... they do not belong to...
  9. Why does Microsoft do what it does?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Microsoft do what it does?: I realize this is a user forum and that most of the users are far more conversant with Microsoft talk than me but are generally not MS employees; maybe someone could explain a couple of things to me having to do with updates. What I need in an OS is that it works, is...
  10. Why does Microsoft Apps want to be able to delete all gmail mails?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Microsoft Apps want to be able to delete all gmail mails?: I get the following message: Microsoft apps and services would like to: Read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from Gmail [ATTACH] This app wants permission to do anything you can do in your Gmail, including: Read your emails Compose new emails...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why dod womdpws remove all my apps