Windows 10: why does microsoft delete our files during windows updates...

Discus and support why does microsoft delete our files during windows updates... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i dont care if you need to delete files of your own apps and windows to put new ones...... but any other file is off limits ! no matter where they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by keith_is_taken, Mar 31, 2021.

1. why does microsoft delete our files during windows updates...

i dont care if you need to delete files of your own apps and windows to put new ones...... but any other file is off limits !

no matter where they are on our hard drives.

no matter when they were created

no matter what app created them....

they do not belong to microsoft to manipulate in any way or form. especially to delete them for your needs Microsoft !!!

its our computer that we paid for.

the hard drive belongs to us - not you !!

so you have no right deleting our files because of a forced update and you do not care enough to respect our data.

or does microsoft still has issues in the programming department !!!!

my files !! not yours !!! KEEP OUT !!!! you just caused me a big #$%#$ headache with this update !!!!!!!

its very odd, that you would delete files in a folder but retain those in the recycle bin that were deleted by the user !!!

makes absolutely no sense whatsoever !!!

not very hard to respect users >> XCOPY to another folder before update !!!! amazing how in 2021 MS can still show how lame they can be !!!

it's simple to respect your clients data and you choose not to !!!

:)

keith_is_taken, Mar 31, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Mar 31, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Mar 31, 2021
  4. slozomby Win User

why does microsoft delete our files during windows updates...

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

why does microsoft delete our files during windows updates...

1. why does microsoft delete our files during windows updates... - Similar Threads - why does microsoft

2. Error during file deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error during file deletion: I got some wierd files and i want to delete them, but I get an error message saying 'this file is no longer located in drive, verify location and try again'. I thought it must be virus but microsoft defender doesn't mark it as a virus.How do i delete them?...
  3. Why does Windows Delete Everything After Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Delete Everything After Updates: I’m Sure Everyone are tired of Windows and these mind-boggling problems. I can’t update my laptop in fear its going to Factory Reset. Windows likes to Hide your files, Reset your settings, And prevent Apps from working properly. Having history with Windows I assume it’s...
  4. Why does Windows Delete Everything After Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows Delete Everything After Updates: I’m Sure Everyone are tired of Windows and these mind-boggling problems. I can’t update my laptop in fear its going to Factory Reset. Windows likes to Hide your files, Reset your settings, And prevent Apps from working properly. Having history with Windows I assume it’s...
  5. Why does Windows Delete Everything After Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. why does Windows Update delete user files and applicaitons

why does Windows Update delete user files and applicaitons: Windows Update at times deletes personal files or applications. I have a purchased copy of Streets and Trips, registered it with MicroSoft. I know it's no longer supported, no map updates, but even with outdated maps it's still a very useful product and I use it frequently....
  7. why does Windows Update delete user files and applicaitons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does Windows Update delete user files and applicaitons: Windows Update at times deletes personal files or applications. I have a purchased copy of Streets and Trips, registered it with MicroSoft. I know it's no longer supported, no map updates, but even with outdated maps it's still a very useful product and I use it frequently....
  8. why does Windows Update delete user files and applicaitons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Restore files deleted during WIndows 10 update.

Restore files deleted during WIndows 10 update.: How do I restore jpeg files that were deleted from ther C drive in the last Microsoft update? These files are not in the recycle bin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-files-deleted-during-windows-10-update/39bc7026-6678-43cf-94fe-93e7d60a92e5
  10. Does Windows 10 delete any files during the installation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows 10 delete any files during the installation?: I'm planning a clean installation but have no space to backup all the files. The plan is to connect the hard drive to a different computer, move all the files to one folder called BACKUP, erase everything else (Windows folder, Program Files, etc.), connect it back to the...