Windows 10: Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Windows 11 and have Chrome configured to handle all available file types. Microsoft Edge still launches from the lock screen and from other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FrustratedWithMonopolists, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?

I am using Windows 11 and have Chrome configured to handle all available file types. Microsoft Edge still launches from the lock screen and from other places without my consent. How do you stop this frustrating behavior? Isn't this illegal?

:)

FrustratedWithMonopolists, Apr 13, 2022
  2. Linda117 Win User

Unable to set Chrome as default browser in Windows 10.

Not sure why I started having problems with Chrome this week--it seemed to begin following the most recent Windows update--first Chrome didn't even want to launch but somehow that got resolved (or something I did resolved it). Then I couldn't get Chrome
    to be accepted as the default browser--when I went to settings and selected Chrome as the default browser it wouldn't save my choice (same thing with IE and even Edge) but following Guru's steps suggested in his reply solved the problem! Chrome is now again
    my default browser and I'm pleased! Thanks for solving this very annoying and baffling problem!

Linda117, Apr 13, 2022
  3. Remove Microsoft Edge and return my default browser of Chrome

Hi there,

Windows update forced downloaded.... I DO NOT WANT THIS AUTOMATICALLY UPDATING FYI..

Biggest issue is that you have now forced the new microsoft edge on me and this has stopped google chrome from being my default browser. I DO NOT WANT MICROSOFT EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot select Google Chrome as my default any more AS YOU HAVE REMOVED IT FROM THE LIST AND ONLY MADE THE CHROME PAID HELP APPS AVAILABLE. You need to resolve this! PATHETIC!!!!

SteveShortt, Apr 13, 2022
  4. Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?

Remove Microsoft Edge and return my default browser of Chrome

estherkroll, Apr 13, 2022
Thema:

Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?

1. Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser: Installed Windows 11 February Update today. Now, every time after turning on the computer, the default browser is Microsoft Edge. I put Chrome, but after restarting system, Edge again by default. How to fix it? P.S. The reason may be that before updating, I have deleted the...
  3. Why Does Windows 10 continue to change my default browser to Microsoft Edge and delete my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does Windows 10 continue to change my default browser to Microsoft Edge and delete my...: I have tried every 3, 6 & 9 step strategy and none have worked. If this is a permanent setting Microsoft created for Windows 10 then please just say that....
  4. Why Does Windows 10 continue to change my default browser to Microsoft Edge and delete my...

Why Does Windows 10 continue to change my default browser to Microsoft Edge and delete my...: I have tried every 3, 6 & 9 step strategy and none have worked. If this is a permanent setting Microsoft created for Windows 10 then please just say that....
  5. Why doesn't Edge provide this dialog's button as default button when the browser launches?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Edge provide this dialog's button as default button when the browser launches?: When Edge restores from a crash I am getting this message. Just wondering if Edge could make the Restore button as default button so that just pressing space bar or enter key it could auto restore...
  6. Why doesn't Edge provide this dialog's button as default button when the browser launches?

Why doesn't Edge provide this dialog's button as default button when the browser launches?: When Edge restores from a crash I am getting this message. Just wondering if Edge could make the Restore button as default button so that just pressing space bar or enter key it could auto restore...
  7. Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?: I am using Windows 11 and have Chrome configured to handle all available file types. Microsoft Edge still launches from the lock screen and from other places without my consent. How do you stop this frustrating behavior? Isn't this illegal?...
  8. Microsoft Edge replaced my default Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge replaced my default Browser: The last update PUSHED Edge onto a number of our employee's taskbars. And, that is not the worst part. In some cases, even though other browsers were being used by an individual, when I tried to revert the workstation's default browser under default apps, the original...
  9. Remove Microsoft Edge and return my default browser of Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove Microsoft Edge and return my default browser of Chrome: Hi there, Windows update forced downloaded.... I DO NOT WANT THIS AUTOMATICALLY UPDATING FYI.. Biggest issue is that you have now forced the new microsoft edge on me and this has stopped google chrome from being my default browser. I DO NOT WANT MICROSOFT EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  10. Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge interference with google chrome which is default browser: windows edge is not default browser but keeps taking over from Google Chrome in middle of working online resulting in unable to continue with job as they require Chrome....