Windows 10: why does microsoft family screen time still work even I turned them off

Discus and support why does microsoft family screen time still work even I turned them off in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi, I finally become an administrator and I switch off time limits I checked the app limits again and again and everything looks normal and it also... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by supavich, Jan 27, 2021.

1. supavich Win User

why does microsoft family screen time still work even I turned them off

hi, I finally become an administrator and I switch off time limits

I checked the app limits again and again and everything looks normal and it also says app limits are turned off

and same as my last article how to be an administrator in microsoft family features please don't turn on restrict if you are a microsoft admin

and also KIDS ONLY!

if you are a very kind adult please help me with this problem

and please respond here because I really want this problem solved:

bye:

:)

supavich, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 27, 2021
  4. why does microsoft family screen time still work even I turned them off

Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

why does microsoft family screen time still work even I turned them off

1. why does microsoft family screen time still work even I turned them off - Similar Threads - why does microsoft

2. Turn off screen time notifications of family safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Turn off screen time notifications of family safety: What we want is simple please help. İ have seen same issues asked 3 years ago but still no staff trying to help. My son's child account is set up so that he has screen time limits and time restricted access to the online games that he plays.In the final hour of his allotted...
  3. Turn off screen time notifications of family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off screen time notifications of family safety: What we want is simple please help. İ have seen same issues asked 3 years ago but still no staff trying to help. My son's child account is set up so that he has screen time limits and time restricted access to the online games that he plays.In the final hour of his allotted...
  4. Turn off screen time notifications of family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Left Microsoft Family, but still have screen time limit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Microsoft Family, but still have screen time limit.: Since I'm moving away, I removed my Microsoft account from my Microsoft Family. My account on the Microsoft Family had screen time limits placed on it by my dad. I figured leaving the family would remove the screen time limit, however this hasn't been the case and I'm still...
  6. Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off

Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off: My dad wanted to see what screen time did and turned it on and off again, in that 2 seconds that it was on it caused my pc to use the default screen time settings and is now stuck with it. I was unable to find a way to remove it and decided I would just deal with it by...
  7. family screen time turned off yet still locking pc

family screen time turned off yet still locking pc: i wanted to set up screen time for myself and created a alt account that wasn't signed into my pc, when i got locked out and removed screen time restrictions and even disbanded the family, i still cannot use my pc as it shows the same locked out message requiring me to...
  8. Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working?

Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working?: I added some 8 hours to my son's Microsoft family safety screen time. He is logged out but it still won't stop the countdown. Any ways to fix this?...
  9. Family safety screen time will not turn off

Family safety screen time will not turn off: My son who is 18 yrs old as just bought a new laptop with windows 10 installed. He has a microsoft account which has had for some time for his xbox. He now finds that his laptop is restricted on screen times based upon some older settings when the xbox was bought through...
  10. Screen does not turn off after designated time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen does not turn off after designated time: This has been a problem on my computer for a while now and I'm assuming is related to a windows update. I'm on Windows 10 Home Version 1803. Basically, the problem is this: Even though my power and sleep settings are set to turn off screen after 2 hours (screen saver setting...