Windows 10: Why does microsoft hate us having networks??

Discus and support Why does microsoft hate us having networks?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; YESTERDAY YET ANOTHER UPDATE WAS FORCED UPON MY COMPUTERS WHICH SHUT DOWN MY NETWORK ONLY A SMALL ONE COMPRISING OF 6 MACHINES AND 5 NAS UNITS AND... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenHayward26, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Why does microsoft hate us having networks??

YESTERDAY YET ANOTHER UPDATE WAS FORCED UPON MY COMPUTERS WHICH SHUT DOWN MY NETWORK ONLY A SMALL ONE COMPRISING OF 6 MACHINES AND 5 NAS UNITS AND PRINTERS BY RESETTING EVERYTHING BACK TO WHAT IT WAS MONTHS AGO MEANING I HAD TO WASTE 2 HOURS OF MY TIME RESETTING EVERYTHING BACK TO HOW I WANT IT.

WHEN IS MICROSOFT GOING TO STOP MESSING AROUND WITH MACHINES WHICH ARE OURS NOT THEIRS IF THEY WANT TO MESS ABOUT THEN THEY SHOULD BUY MY MACHINES NOT THINK BY DEFAULT THEY CAN MESS AROUND,WHAT EVER THE UPDATE WAS FOR IT HAS NOT BEEN USEFUL TO ME JUST A LOAD OF HASSLE>

:)

StephenHayward26, Nov 11, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Eric2139 Win User

Why does microsoft hate us having networks??

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Why does microsoft hate us having networks??

1. Why does microsoft hate us having networks?? - Similar Threads - Why does microsoft

2. Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???: Yet again Microsoft is messing about with my computers and removing my ability to have a home network, Every few days they push a update onto my 9 machines which turns OFF the ability for the machines to see each other on my LAN network so I am unable to copy files around the...
  3. Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???

Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???: Yet again Microsoft has pushed out an update which reset all the networking items to "OFF" in all my computers, WHY DOES MICROSOFT HATE HOME NETWORKING????? ON ANOTHER THOUGHT THESE MACHINES ARE MINE NOT MICROSOFT'S SO WHAT RIGHT DO THEY HAVE TO MUCK ABOUT WITH THEM WITHOUT...
  4. Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???

Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???: Another update and yet again my small home network of 6 Win 10 machines, 5 NAS servers is trashed!! I can only see the NAS servers none of the Win 10 machines will see each other or share files so its another round of resetting things on the machines like SMB settings which...
  5. Why does windows10 hate my HP printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does windows10 hate my HP printer?: First windows10 dropped my HP printer connection and always at the most frustrating moments. HP finally gave us troubleshooter to fix this when it happens, a complete waste of time to have to go thru this process, but at least it fixes the problem. Now Windows10 has...
  6. Hate Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hate Microsoft: I don't want Edge. Stop putting your patronising and juvenile sales pitch on my PC every time I start up. If you say you are going to text an authorisation code to my mobile then SEND IT. If you say you are going to phone the code though to my landline then PHONE...
  7. Why does windows hate to display icons correctly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does windows hate to display icons correctly?: Warning, this issue is stupid, frustrating, and possibly without a fix. So rant ahead... Basically the icons you see in the start menu, taskbar, desktop, and windows explorer all just hate to look right. If you don't know, an icon file is a collection of images at different...
  8. Why does Microsoft hate us having home networking

Why does Microsoft hate us having home networking: I have 10 computers on a home network 4 old desktops which are used for data storage ( a poor mans NAS )3 laptops of various ages 2 desktops for general use and a very old Samsung nc10 which belively runs Win 10. These machines are connected via a Netgear switch and router...
  9. Why Does Microsoft Hate the US Military and US Citizens Abroad? An APO question

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why Does Microsoft Hate the US Military and US Citizens Abroad? An APO question: Why does Microsoft so vehemently hate US military members and US citizens living abroad on diplomatic or other assignments? It would almost be funny if it weren't so concerning. As I've tried unauccessfully to add an APO billing address, I've been told that you can't add...
  10. An example why people hate Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An example why people hate Microsoft.: It's this kind of crap that makes me take a real personal disliking to Microsoft . Why do they have to make it more difficult than it needs to be to just uninstall crap like this (see screenshot) . Some were easy to get rid of but they grey out others so you can't just hit...