Windows 10: Why does microsoft have a hard on for 1600x900 resolution?

Discus and support Why does microsoft have a hard on for 1600x900 resolution? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to happily enjoy 1600x900 monitor resolution. Sadly, that has disappeared from my PC. I suspect a windows 10 pro update somewhere along the way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by thdphd, May 14, 2022.

1. thdphd Win User

Why does microsoft have a hard on for 1600x900 resolution?

I used to happily enjoy 1600x900 monitor resolution. Sadly, that has disappeared from my PC. I suspect a windows 10 pro update somewhere along the way but can't pin that down with Microsoft. What's the straight skinny here about 1600x900 resolution and windows 10 pro?

:)

thdphd, May 14, 2022

2. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 14, 2022
  3. 1600x900 screen resolution not an option in Windows10?

I installed Windows 10 from Windows 7 yesterday, and since that time, I've had problems with trying to adjust my screen resolution. I went in to my settings to adjust, and everything that was offered just made it worse. The version of Windows 10 I have doesn't
    have an adjustable slider for finding the optimal resolution, it just has a list. Windows 10 barely recognized my monitor to begin with, calling it "generic Windows monitor". I re-installed my drivers directly from the Samsung website, and now Windows 10 regards
    my monitor as "other".

I then proceeded to see if it's a problem with my monitor itself, it claims its running normally. It recognizes that my resolution is at 1024x768, and recommends the optimal mode be set to 1600x900. Windows10 will not allow me to do that. Everything is stretched
    out/squished and low res. Not only is this an eye-sore, but I feel that it will be a liability when I design something in a illustrating program; I will have no idea that a circle that I draw will be a perfect circle, or an ellipse, or I have no idea if a
    design that I'm working on will have to go back to the drawing board several times, because the finished product will be stretched out unnecessarily.

I know that this topic has been posted elsewhere, and there hasn't been very much of a resolution. I just need to know if there is something in the works that will allow me to choose 1600x900 as a resolution option, or should I just go back to Windows7?
    Please help.

TPayson101, May 14, 2022
  4. Why does microsoft have a hard on for 1600x900 resolution?

What resolutions is this monitor capable of?

I was thinking of buying an P206HVB monitor, and the only resolutions listed for it is 1600x900 and I was wondering if anyone knew what other resolutions it's capable of..

Sir B. Fannybottom, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Why does microsoft have a hard on for 1600x900 resolution?

1. Why does microsoft have a hard on for 1600x900 resolution? - Similar Threads - Why does microsoft

2. Windows display 1600x900 resolution although in settings it’s set to 1920x1080

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows display 1600x900 resolution although in settings it’s set to 1920x1080: The title says it all.Even in games the resolution is set to 1920x1080 and it doesn’t make a difference. My desktop and game’s edges look jagged and horrible.Any help would be extremely appreciated...
  3. Why does chrome have such a bad resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does chrome have such a bad resolution?: Hey, when I launched chrome today I have witnessed that it has a very bad solution, apparently it is 720p because when I go, for example, to Edge or in any other applications it looks "normal". I even changed the high DPI settings in the compatibility setup of chrome and...
  4. Why does chrome have such a bad resolution?

Why does chrome have such a bad resolution?: Hey, when I launched chrome today I have witnessed that it has a very bad solution, apparently it is 720p because when I go, for example, to Edge or in any other applications it looks "normal". I even changed the high DPI settings in the compatibility setup of chrome and...
  5. Why does chrome have such a bad resolution?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Why does microsoft have a hard on for 1600x900 resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does microsoft have a hard on for 1600x900 resolution?: I used to happily enjoy 1600x900 monitor resolution. Sadly, that has disappeared from my PC. I suspect a windows 10 pro update somewhere along the way but can't pin that down with Microsoft. What's the straight skinny here about 1600x900 resolution and windows 10 pro?...
  7. Why does microsoft have a hard on for 1600x900 resolution?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does microsoft have a hard on for 1600x900 resolution?: I used to happily enjoy 1600x900 monitor resolution. Sadly, that has disappeared from my PC. I suspect a windows 10 pro update somewhere along the way but can't pin that down with Microsoft. What's the straight skinny here about 1600x900 resolution and windows 10 pro?...
  8. 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom: I have a 2 monitor setup. One is in 1366 x 768 and other in 1440 x 900 which is my main monitor. When I installed Ubuntu I saw that 1600x900 is the maximum resolution in my main monitor but when I put that resolution in windows the display shrinks and shifts towards left....
  9. 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom: I have a 2 monitor setup. One is in 1366 x 768 and other in 1440 x 900 which is my main monitor. When I installed Ubuntu I saw that 1600x900 is the maximum resolution in my main monitor but when I put that resolution in windows the display shrinks and shifts towards left....
  10. 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

in Windows 10 Customization