Windows 10: Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Signing into my first new computer in a while and microsoft asks for my Email, ok I can provide that, then my password, sure got that too, then it asks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KRY28, May 6, 2022.

1. KRY28 Win User

Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?

Signing into my first new computer in a while and microsoft asks for my Email, ok I can provide that, then my password, sure got that too, then it asks me for my account password which is somehow different than my normal password? Where am I supposed to find that information out? Everywhere I go to check, it asks for it first so I can't even find it. Also can't call anyone or even have an online chat with someone so I guess I just gotta hope one day I'll get a response here

:)

KRY28, May 6, 2022
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, May 6, 2022
  3. Trying to switch to Microsoft account from local, unable to...

I tried that, more than once. I go thru the complete procedure of getting a new Microsoft account password, then when I reach the final step to key in the Windows password, I try my NEW Microsoft account password, and I get the same message-invalid password. No luck.

Any other suggestions.

Charliedog, May 6, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Does Microsoft ask me to change my password unreasonably?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft ask me to change my password unreasonably?: I was really panicked when I received this email. I also received a message from Microsoft. I thought my password had been leaked, my computer was no longer safe, and I had to quickly change my password and worry that my password was compromised. But when I checked the login...
  3. Does Microsoft ask me to change my password unreasonably?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft ask me to change my password unreasonably?: I was really panicked when I received this email. I also received a message from Microsoft. I thought my password had been leaked, my computer was no longer safe, and I had to quickly change my password and worry that my password was compromised. But when I checked the login...
  4. Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I: didnt request a password recovery. Ive received at least 10 email password recovery requestsIs someone trying to hack my email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-keep-sending-me-microsoft/702f4348-123f-4b5b-b4de-e15efb94c23e
  5. Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I: didnt request a password recovery. Ive received at least 10 email password recovery requestsIs someone trying to hack my email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-keep-sending-me-microsoft/702f4348-123f-4b5b-b4de-e15efb94c23e
  6. Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Microsoft keep asking for my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft keep asking for my password: Microsoft keep asking for my password. Even after I put my password this keeps popping up. How do I resolve it. I already turned off logging in requirement on my settings....
  8. Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password: This will only lead to one thing: That I and many others are forced to write down our password on stickers that we put around like everywhere, meaning that it will be very easy to get to them. And that for certain will not make systems more safe....
  9. Why does Microsoft keep making me change my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Microsoft keep making me change my password: I'm on windows 10 and i just updated and now it wants me change my password again. Let me keep my old password or let me use old passwords so I can just rotate between two of them....
  10. Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"?: Its one of those security and maintenance alerts that pops up in the action center every time I restart. When I click it takes me to settings but I've already verified my ID so there doesn't seem to be anything to do. I'd appreciate any ideas... 43307