Windows 10: Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password

Discus and support Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This will only lead to one thing: That I and many others are forced to write down our password on stickers that we put around like everywhere, meaning... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Steen G, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Steen G Win User

Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password

This will only lead to one thing: That I and many others are forced to write down our password on stickers that we put around like everywhere, meaning that it will be very easy to get to them. And that for certain will not make systems more safe.

:)

Steen G, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Dec 17, 2020
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password

1. Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE **** PASSWORD THAT I'VE ALREADY SET.YOU SEND ME THE **** CODE TO MY CELLPHONE TO CONFIRM IT WAS ME, AND IS STILL OBLIGATING ME TO CHANGE MY DAMN PASSORD, I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, KEEP THE WAY IT IS.THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON TRYING TO ACESS MY...
  3. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE **** PASSWORD THAT I'VE ALREADY SET.YOU SEND ME THE **** CODE TO MY CELLPHONE TO CONFIRM IT WAS ME, AND IS STILL OBLIGATING ME TO CHANGE MY DAMN PASSORD, I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, KEEP THE WAY IT IS.THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON TRYING TO ACESS MY...
  4. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?: Signing into my first new computer in a while and microsoft asks for my Email, ok I can provide that, then my password, sure got that too, then it asks me for my account password which is somehow different than my normal password? Where am I supposed to find that information...
  6. Why does windows force me to have a password

Why does windows force me to have a password: I have already tried stuff online and switched to a local account and did the netplwiz and it still doesn't work. WHY DOES MICROSOFT WANT ME TO HAVE A PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP THIS BADLY I DON'T WANT IT. Just a side note to, this all started because of a recent reset I did on my...
  7. Why does windows force me to have a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows force me to have a password: I have already tried stuff online and switched to a local account and did the netplwiz and it still doesn't work. WHY DOES MICROSOFT WANT ME TO HAVE A PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP THIS BADLY I DON'T WANT IT. Just a side note to, this all started because of a recent reset I did on my...
  8. Why does windows force me to have a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Microsoft keeps forcing me to change my MS password

Microsoft keeps forcing me to change my MS password: My password manager [Bitwarden] reflects accurately all my passwords, but whenever I need again to enter my MS password, MS says it's not correct, and I have to change it. This is more than a nuisance, because sometimes I need that password to restore Windows and when that...
  10. Why does Microsoft keep making me change my password

Why does Microsoft keep making me change my password: I'm on windows 10 and i just updated and now it wants me change my password again. Let me keep my old password or let me use old passwords so I can just rotate between two of them....