Windows 10: Why does Microsoft keep removing the ability to uninstall unwanted applications like XBox,...

Discus and support Why does Microsoft keep removing the ability to uninstall unwanted applications like XBox,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use windows professionally, and paid for a professional license. Why, then, does Microsoft make it such a pain to remove distracting or otherwise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Revend Spite, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Why does Microsoft keep removing the ability to uninstall unwanted applications like XBox,...

I use windows professionally, and paid for a professional license.

Why, then, does Microsoft make it such a pain to remove distracting or otherwise workplace-inappropriate apps from my workstation?

What, seriously, could the justification be for me to have to fight and have to use PowerShell to remove a gaming app?

Also - why does someone wanting to play the Windows Edition of Minecraft also mean that they have to have the game bar installed? I know it's necessary for voice chat, but say I'm deaf or merely antisocial...

As Microsoft circles the wagons and tries to limit my options, it only convinces me to explore elsewhere. I installed the beta XBox app. I can't uninstall it now and I refuse to install the game bar just to make it work.

This isn't how you treat users. This is how you treat cattle.

:)

Revend Spite, Feb 27, 2020

2. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

Hi Kristi,

Xbox App is one of the built-in applications on Windows 10. To uninstall it from your computer, you have to perform the following steps using the Windows PowerShell:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    •  Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  

If you are unable to uninstall the app, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache and try to uninstall the Xbox app again.

Here's how to reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Uninstalling Xbox app on Windows 10

Hi Helen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since Xbox is an inbuilt application in Windows 10, we need to use the PowerShell command to uninstall the Xbox application. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the application.

1. Press and hold the Windows key + X.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    3. Type the command and hit Enter on the keyboard:
      Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage

4. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Why does Microsoft keep removing the ability to uninstall unwanted applications like XBox,...

Want to UNINSTALL XBox

I done the uninstall procedure per your instruction, but it did not work. The uninstall button for both X-Box apps,are greyed out.They show advanced,but when you click it,it shows a reset button this does not uninstall.Please Help?

Robert Bilderback, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Why does Microsoft keep removing the ability to uninstall unwanted applications like XBox,...

1. Why does Microsoft keep removing the ability to uninstall unwanted applications like XBox,... - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Remove microsoft applications Whatsapp data without uninstalling the application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Remove microsoft applications Whatsapp data without uninstalling the application: Dear Sir, Greetings of the day,I am Ronak from India, facing issues with some of the application which I have downloaded from Microsoft store, I am facing issue of 25 GB data which is in the C drive which I want to remove the data without uninstalling the apps. like other...
  3. Remove microsoft applications Whatsapp data without uninstalling the application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove microsoft applications Whatsapp data without uninstalling the application: Dear Sir, Greetings of the day,I am Ronak from India, facing issues with some of the application which I have downloaded from Microsoft store, I am facing issue of 25 GB data which is in the C drive which I want to remove the data without uninstalling the apps. like other...
  4. Remove microsoft applications Whatsapp data without uninstalling the application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remove an application in "Uninstall an application"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove an application in "Uninstall an application": So, I recently got my computer infected with adware. The virus didn't let me access Microsoft Security, so I had to use third-party antivirus software. While it ran on the computer, I deleted the virus file. Unfortunetly, the virus was already spreading to other programs, but...
  6. Why does my applications look like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my applications look like this?: [ATTACH] I think this happened when i started using onedrive but i'm not sure if that's the problem. submitted by /u/datuniquename69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izu006/why_does_my_applications_look_like_this/
  7. Uninstalling unwanted applications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstalling unwanted applications: Hello my name is Hugh and I am facing some issues when I uninstalled a program from my Windows 10 desktop. I uninstalled utorrent but I still have the program in my task manager on the startup page. If anyone can help me get rid of it completely then it will be much...
  8. Uninstalling Unwanted or Unused Windows Components & Applications

Uninstalling Unwanted or Unused Windows Components & Applications: Hi, I hope this is in the right place (admin feel free to move if not) but wanted to get some opinions about the following: 1. I know there is now an option to remove Internet Explorer in Windows 10; is it needed, recommended etc.? 2. I do not use nor do I intend using...
  9. Uninstalling Unwanted or Unused Windows Components & Applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling Unwanted or Unused Windows Components & Applications: Hi, I hope this is in the right place (admin feel free to move if not) but wanted to get some opinions about the following: 1. I know there is now an option to remove Internet Explorer in Windows 10; is it needed, recommended etc.? 2. I do not use nor do I intend using...
  10. How to uninstall unwanted and inappropriate applications installed by Microsoft Store

How to uninstall unwanted and inappropriate applications installed by Microsoft Store: One blight of windows 10 is the way the Microsoft Store keeps installing unwanted, un-needed and inappropriate applications on my machines. Today it was the Local Experience Pack for the UK -- I am in Canada, by the way. I notice that this cannot be uninstalled and that I can...