Windows 10: Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I

Discus and support Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; didnt request a password recovery. Ive received at least 10 email password recovery requestsIs someone trying to hack my email?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by love754, Aug 13, 2022.

1. love754 Win User

Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I

didnt request a password recovery. Ive received at least 10 email password recovery requestsIs someone trying to hack my email?

:)

love754, Aug 13, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 13, 2022
  3. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Aug 13, 2022
  4. Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I

Resetting child's Microsoft account password

Hi Nestor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing and will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to open the link provided below.

You can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Once the link is opened,

• Click on Reset your password.
    • Select I forgot my password and click on Next.
    • Provide the Microsoft Account of the child account and type in the characters, click Next.
    • In the identity verification page, click on Email, provide the email address, click Send code.
    • Check if the code has been sent to the email address and provide the code for verification.
    • Follow the prompts to create a new password for the child's Microsoft account.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I

1. Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why is Microsoft not sending me a code to change my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft not sending me a code to change my password?: I'm trying to login to my Microsoft account, I ask for a code and it sends it quickly to my email account. Then I try to change my password and Microsoft wants to send me another code just to get into my Security options. That code also comes within the next couple minutes....
  3. Why is Microsoft not sending me a code to change my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft not sending me a code to change my password?: I'm trying to login to my Microsoft account, I ask for a code and it sends it quickly to my email account. Then I try to change my password and Microsoft wants to send me another code just to get into my Security options. That code also comes within the next couple minutes....
  4. Why is Microsoft not sending me a code to change my password?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I: didnt request a password recovery. Ive received at least 10 email password recovery requestsIs someone trying to hack my email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-keep-sending-me-microsoft/702f4348-123f-4b5b-b4de-e15efb94c23e
  6. Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Microsoft keep sending me Microsoft account password reset? I: didnt request a password recovery. Ive received at least 10 email password recovery requestsIs someone trying to hack my email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-keep-sending-me-microsoft/702f4348-123f-4b5b-b4de-e15efb94c23e
  7. Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?: Signing into my first new computer in a while and microsoft asks for my Email, ok I can provide that, then my password, sure got that too, then it asks me for my account password which is somehow different than my normal password? Where am I supposed to find that information...
  8. Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password: This will only lead to one thing: That I and many others are forced to write down our password on stickers that we put around like everywhere, meaning that it will be very easy to get to them. And that for certain will not make systems more safe....
  9. Why does Microsoft keep making me change my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Microsoft keep making me change my password: I'm on windows 10 and i just updated and now it wants me change my password again. Let me keep my old password or let me use old passwords so I can just rotate between two of them....
  10. resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account: resetting Microsoft account password does not allow access to Microsoft account. Does anyone have a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/resetting-microsoft-account-password-does-not/b7b8b0c7-c799-4d3e-abdf-9cc1b2056956