Windows 10: Why does Microsoft launch extraneous processes in Windows when the computer starts?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft launch extraneous processes in Windows when the computer starts? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I regularly check my computer and I see that processes that I did not run are running in the shadow. These are the processes of tracking and collecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by user.ms2310, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Why does Microsoft launch extraneous processes in Windows when the computer starts?

I regularly check my computer and I see that processes that I did not run are running in the shadow. These are the processes of tracking and collecting information about the user. I purchased this product from Microsoft. This is not free software. Reason for spying?

:)

user.ms2310, Nov 20, 2023

2. Microsoft launches Surface Computing

The launch of Microsoft Surface marks the beginning of a new technology category and a user-interface revolution. Surface, Microsoft’s first surface computer, provides effortless interaction with digital content through natural hand gestures, touch and physical objects. Surface computing breaks down traditional barriers between people and technology, changing the way people interact with all kinds of everyday information — from photos to maps to menus.

Key features demonstrated in the videos included:
    • Multi-touch ability.
    • Recognition and syncing of wireless devices by placing on touch panel
    • Ability to identify non-digital devices, such as a drink glass, based on shape.
    • Hand gesture system to further interact with the touch panel.
    • New, non-windows based interface.
    The videos really speak for themselves. According to the website, Surface technology will be
    available in Winter 2007.

Source: Microsoft Surface

wazzledoozle, Nov 20, 2023
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Microsoft Mahjong Daily Challenge wont download?

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest that you reset Windows Store and try downloading
    Microsoft Mahjong again.

Here are the steps on how to reset Windows Store:

• Press the Windows key+
      R key, to launch the Run dialog box.

• Type in Wsreset.exe and
      press Enter.

• Reboot your computer after the process is finished.

Keep us posted.

Anne Fuj, Nov 20, 2023
  4. GNJha Win User

Why does Microsoft launch extraneous processes in Windows when the computer starts?

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 20, 2023
Thema:

Why does Microsoft launch extraneous processes in Windows when the computer starts?

1. Why does Microsoft launch extraneous processes in Windows when the computer starts? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does Microsoft launch extraneous processes in Windows when the computer starts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft launch extraneous processes in Windows when the computer starts?: I regularly check my computer and I see that processes that I did not run are running in the shadow. These are the processes of tracking and collecting information about the user. I purchased this product from Microsoft. This is not free software. Reason for spying?...
  3. Why does Microsoft launch extraneous processes in Windows when the computer starts?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does Microsoft launch extraneous processes in Windows when the computer starts?: I regularly check my computer and I see that processes that I did not run are running in the shadow. These are the processes of tracking and collecting information about the user. I purchased this product from Microsoft. This is not free software. Reason for spying?...
  4. Why does my computer restart when I try to start it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer restart when I try to start it: When I try to start my computer it flashes a blue screen for a second and then restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-restart-when-i-try-to-start/ecede717-88f1-4d63-aa99-c6e82df29080
  5. Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?: I am using Windows 11 and have Chrome configured to handle all available file types. Microsoft Edge still launches from the lock screen and from other places without my consent. How do you stop this frustrating behavior? Isn't this illegal?...
  6. Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?

Why does Microsoft Edge launch when Chrome is my default browser?: I am using Windows 11 and have Chrome configured to handle all available file types. Microsoft Edge still launches from the lock screen and from other places without my consent. How do you stop this frustrating behavior? Isn't this illegal?...
  7. Extraneous Microsoft Window on Signing in/start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extraneous Microsoft Window on Signing in/start up: How do I prevent "Microsoft in Culture" window/screen from coming up before desktop when signing in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extraneous-microsoft-window-on-signing-instart-up/85d93001-2c00-432f-a234-b30959e098a7
  8. Extraneous Microsoft Window on Signing in/start up

Extraneous Microsoft Window on Signing in/start up: How do I prevent "Microsoft in Culture" window/screen from coming up before desktop when signing in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extraneous-microsoft-window-on-signing-instart-up/85d93001-2c00-432f-a234-b30959e098a7
  9. Why does the Microsoft Account keep popping up when I start my computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why does the Microsoft Account keep popping up when I start my computer?: i just installed windows 10 Home Single Language according to winver and when i start my pc there's always Microsoft Account Login Page popping up. pls help me to get rid of it...
  10. Windows Defender does not start automatically when starting Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender does not start automatically when starting Computer: Hello, I think I deleted the Windows Defender Autostart file from the registry accidentally. From: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion/run How do I enable it back, Windows Defender does not start automatically Thanks...