Windows 10: Why does Microsoft make utility to make Windows 10 image / backup / restore so hard to...

Discus and support Why does Microsoft make utility to make Windows 10 image / backup / restore so hard to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here is where they hid it, have a 8GB or bigger thumb drive right click windows, go to search input "create recovery drive" follow prompts. Takes a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by max501, Jul 27, 2018.

1. max501 Win User

Why does Microsoft make utility to make Windows 10 image / backup / restore so hard to...

Here is where they hid it, have a 8GB or bigger thumb drive right click windows, go to search input "create recovery drive" follow prompts. Takes a while to make but worth in especially if have single drive, makes a boot drive to help restore rest of files backed up on another device. Remember two types of drives the ones that have failed and ones that will.

:)

max501, Jul 27, 2018

2. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Jul 27, 2018
  3. twilyth Win User
    Backup utility

Cobian backup will do file backups locally or to ftp, with or without encryption and compression. However it doesn't do image backups, which is really what you need if want to fully restore your system.

I've used the W7 back up program and Acronis a few times to restore a system and both work great. With Acronis though, you need to burn the recovery cd they suggest FOR EACH and EVERY machine you use it on.

One problem with W7 backup is that seems to break easily. On one machine I did an upgrade re-install and the backup utility doesn't work. No luck in trouble shooting it either. So I now rely on Acronis exclusively for image backups. But I use Cobian for file backups to ftp.

twilyth, Jul 27, 2018
  4. sumasage Win User

Why does Microsoft make utility to make Windows 10 image / backup / restore so hard to...

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft make utility to make Windows 10 image / backup / restore so hard to... - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does microsoft make troubleshooting so god damned hard??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does microsoft make troubleshooting so god damned hard??: I do everything with pcs, short of making love to them. A prime example of just how bad youe customer service outsourced to inept people is:I got hit with a BSOD error. I went to event viewer to check out exactly what happened, googled the details. I was aghast to find out...
  3. Why does microsoft make troubleshooting so god damned hard??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does microsoft make troubleshooting so god damned hard??: I do everything with pcs, short of making love to them. A prime example of just how bad youe customer service outsourced to inept people is:I got hit with a BSOD error. I went to event viewer to check out exactly what happened, googled the details. I was aghast to find out...
  4. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?: If you want to extend your Windows partition and you have unallocated space on the same disk, Windows Disk Management won't give you the option to extend the volume, it's greyed out in the options menu. This is because you can only extend into adjacent unallocated space, and...
  5. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?

Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?: If you want to extend your Windows partition and you have unallocated space on the same disk, Windows Disk Management won't give you the option to extend the volume, it's greyed out in the options menu. This is because you can only extend into adjacent unallocated space, and...
  6. Why make it so HARD Mail APP

Why make it so HARD Mail APP: Windows 10 Outlook user. 365 account Using from desktop. When choosing to send a page from onenote required to use MAIL APP.. Successfully tied that to my Outlook account AND turned off notification in MAIL APP. I am still getting an image and sound on right side of...
  7. Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?: I had to totally reinstall winBLOWS because M$ has **** QA before releasing updates. Ok, great. Now, I am constantly trying to make Firefox my default browser because, well, M$ sucks. SUCKS. I want as few of their products on my machine as possible. I even had a tech do...
  8. Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...: With just about any other program, I would simply go and uninstall the program from Windows ad/remove - most good programs will also include their own uninstaller. But not so for Adobe CC and this is not good. I tried using the normal/standard Windows interface, I went to...
  9. Windows Backup & Restore: 4 hours to make a backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Backup & Restore: 4 hours to make a backup: Before Creators I had Windows Backup and Restore routine set to make a daily backup of my SSD which contains only the C drive and my programs. Documents, Pictures etc. are redirected to an internal spinning HDD where these folders are actually stored). I chose the "Let...
  10. Backup and make image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and make image: Hopefully my annotated screenshot explains my two questions clearly: [img] Terry, East Grinstead, UK 92539