Windows 10: Why does microsoft making sharings files between two computers I own so difficult?

Discus and support Why does microsoft making sharings files between two computers I own so difficult? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computers don't show up under network. They don't show up under sharing. I've turned network discovery on. This shouldn't be so damned difficult!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by citicat, Jun 15, 2019.

1. citicat Win User

Why does microsoft making sharings files between two computers I own so difficult?

My computers don't show up under network. They don't show up under sharing. I've turned network discovery on. This shouldn't be so damned difficult! Why can't there just be a simple, password protected way to share files over a network?

:)

citicat, Jun 15, 2019
  2. pmennen Win User

Microsoft account makes networking more difficult?

I've been using standard networking since win95, when it was so easy anybody could do it. It keeps getting more difficult. I had to learn in Win7 that you had to type in a permission name that wasn't even in the list "Everyone" and grant it the desired permissions. Seems pretty ridiculous but once I did it a dozen times I could do it without even looking it up. I just installed win10 on two of the computers in my network and when I tried to access shared folders I ran into the dreaded window that asks for a username and password. Usually this means you just screwed up one of the dozen or so networking settings that have to be just right, but after going over it many dozens of times I figured out that this was a new problem related to the fact that I now have a microsoft account. When the win10 installation suggested I create such an account it seemed harmless enough ... but big mistake! I wasted many hours in getting the file sharing to work. I didn't even know what user/password it wanted but it turns out I had to enter my Microsoft account username and password before the file sharing would work. So if a friend brings over his laptop and I want to share folders with him, not only do I have to give him my wifi password but I also have to give him my Microsoft account password!!! Does Microsoft really think people want to do this? I'm sure not, which means there is probably something basic I am missing. Can somebody explain this crazy state of affairs?

pmennen, Jun 15, 2019
  3. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Why does microsoft making sharings files between two computers I own so difficult?

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Why does microsoft making sharings files between two computers I own so difficult?

1. Why does microsoft making sharings files between two computers I own so difficult? - Similar Threads - Why does microsoft

2. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?: We have 4 purchased PCs which now need Windows activation with a product key. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult and convoluted to simply purchase license keys ? These PCs are deployed at client locations, so we just need valid license keys. I shouldn't have to go...
  3. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?: We have 4 purchased PCs which now need Windows activation with a product key. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult and convoluted to simply purchase license keys ? These PCs are deployed at client locations, so we just need valid license keys. I shouldn't have to go...
  4. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?: If you want to extend your Windows partition and you have unallocated space on the same disk, Windows Disk Management won't give you the option to extend the volume, it's greyed out in the options menu. This is because you can only extend into adjacent unallocated space, and...
  6. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?: If you want to extend your Windows partition and you have unallocated space on the same disk, Windows Disk Management won't give you the option to extend the volume, it's greyed out in the options menu. This is because you can only extend into adjacent unallocated space, and...
  7. Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?: My Laptop did a windows Update. Now I am stuck at the BitLocker Recovery Key screen. I never enabled BL. Followed the instructions to login to my MS account, and recover the Key, click on devices, then manage Bitlocker and I get the screen saying it is an incorrect url. Also....
  8. Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?: I had to totally reinstall winBLOWS because M$ has **** QA before releasing updates. Ok, great. Now, I am constantly trying to make Firefox my default browser because, well, M$ sucks. SUCKS. I want as few of their products on my machine as possible. I even had a tech do...
  9. Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?: I recently had to set up this new Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop because bad advice from a Directly Independent Advisor trashed my HP Envy. These are just some of the Microsoft security and system problems I encountered: 1. It asked me to sign in with the last password I'd...
  10. Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...: With just about any other program, I would simply go and uninstall the program from Windows ad/remove - most good programs will also include their own uninstaller. But not so for Adobe CC and this is not good. I tried using the normal/standard Windows interface, I went to...