Windows 10: why does microsoft need to ask permission

Discus and support why does microsoft need to ask permission in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so basically whenever i use programs made by microsoft it asks me for permission to make changes to my device but why does microsoft need to ask... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NUMBER39UTOPIA, Jun 23, 2020.

1. why does microsoft need to ask permission

so basically whenever i use programs made by microsoft it asks me for permission to make changes to my device but why does microsoft need to ask permission on thier own service it doesnt make sense

:)

NUMBER39UTOPIA, Jun 23, 2020

2. Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jun 23, 2020
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Maria Fab Win User

why does microsoft need to ask permission

Error of asking permission from the administrator

Hello,

The error message that asks permission usually appears when you don't have administrator rights to copy a file or folder. To determine the cause of the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is the exact error message that you're getting?
    • Were you able to copy files before without any error?
    • Were there any changes made on your PC prior to this?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Niranjan Manjhi on this
    post. It includes guidelines on how to take ownership of a file or folder,
    turn off the User Account Control (UAC) which is necessary in preventing unauthorized changes to your computer, and enabling the hidden built-in administrator account on your PC. This was marked as an answer and a lot of Community members
    claimed it as helpful and that it solved their problem.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

why does microsoft need to ask permission

1. why does microsoft need to ask permission - Similar Threads - why does microsoft

2. remove you'll need to ask permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove you'll need to ask permission: I keep getting this when I go onto certain sites. I am the only one on this computer so I don't understand why I can't search what I want. It's only my email on here and it's not sending me anything. Very frustrating that I even have this feature and can't turn it off when...
  3. remove you'll need to ask permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove you'll need to ask permission: I keep getting this when I go onto certain sites. I am the only one on this computer so I don't understand why I can't search what I want. It's only my email on here and it's not sending me anything. Very frustrating that I even have this feature and can't turn it off when...
  4. Ask For Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ask For Permissions: So Um These Few Days Im Getting theseEven tho im not in a family It shows for most of the Build in apps Such as Snip and sketch Camera Photos etc...Pls Help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permissions/b693d7f5-e919-479a-a836-aee5096285dd
  5. Need administrator permission but doesn't ask for password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need administrator permission but doesn't ask for password: I'm trying to delete my OneDrive folder on my current PC and it says I need the permission of the admin. Thing is, I'm currently signed in as the admin. It's the only account on my PC. I would assume that it would just ask for my password, but no password prompt ever shows...
  6. Microsoft ask for permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft ask for permission: I wanted to watch a video but then it said "ask for permission". So i clicked it, but it only brought me to my last bing search. Can you please help me solve this problem...
  7. Needing to ask for permission on essential applications

Needing to ask for permission on essential applications: Hello everyone! I am a child using Microsoft Family settings. Recently, I have been discovering Microsoft Family Features being kinda annoying.[ATTACH] As you can tell, this isn't very helpful. Is there a way for Microsoft to blacklist essential applications. Thoughts?...
  8. Ask Permission - Need an Adult to use Firefox - Ask by email

Ask Permission - Need an Adult to use Firefox - Ask by email: Repeatedly "ask by email" (using "child's" machine) and repeatedly selected "allowed" ("gave permission") to use the account, but it still doesn't work. Initially, it also alerted me to the need to update windows on the "child's" machine, which I did, but it still doesn't...
  9. Why does it still ask to ask for permission even though my parent already allowed it?

Why does it still ask to ask for permission even though my parent already allowed it?: Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Fortnite I need to how to fix this when I ask even though my parent already allowed it but it is still asking...
  10. why is Task Manager asking for permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is Task Manager asking for permission: After getting pop up alerts in Firefox Browser from what appeared to be Microsoft tech when opening task manager to close the browser it was asking for permission to run. I have not allowed the program to run. I restarted the computer and opened Firefox again but it just...