Windows 10: Why does Microsoft need to charge for ad free solitaire, especially when it constantly...

Discus and support Why does Microsoft need to charge for ad free solitaire, especially when it constantly... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sorry but solitaire has always been a free thing with windows, but i guess now that all computers for the most part are connected to the internet and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NinoBrown666, May 21, 2020.

1. Why does Microsoft need to charge for ad free solitaire, especially when it constantly...

Sorry but solitaire has always been a free thing with windows, but i guess now that all computers for the most part are connected to the internet and everyone else is taking advantage of the ads to play model why not jump on board. Not like you guys are some startup just trying to get an app out there and make a few advertising dollars. Sorry but I think it's ridiculous to pay for a game that crashes regularly and you can't even use unless connected to the net. Most people play solitaire when they're stuck somewhere, not always with wi-fi. Oh sorry you can play while not connected but the kiddy easy version my bad. Anyhow does Microsoft really need money from solitaire? Another thing I find ridiculous is a basic Microsoft Word has a yearly fee. Not like I'm using advanced software here just word and I need to pay extra? Again I don't think Microsoft needs those few extra dollars. Tell Billy boy there to get back to the basics, I don't need some solitaire connected and keeping online scores, there are several apps out there that do it free with ads of course, but their apps don't crash every hour or two like Microsoft Solitaire does when using the "free" ad version.

:)

NinoBrown666, May 21, 2020

2. Microsoft Solitaire is not working

Hi,

I need more information about your concern. Is there any error message/code after Microsoft Solitaire fails to launch? Since the steps you have tried did not work, I suggest that you reinstall it instead. Follow the steps below:

• Open Windows PowerShell as an administrator. (Type PowerShell in Start menu search box, right-click and select Run as administrator)
    • Type the following command and press Enter "Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    • You can close the PowerShell window and restart your device.
    • Open Store app and search for Microsoft Solitaire Collection and download the game.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, May 21, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Microsoft Solitaire events crashed

Thank you for the information. It turns out that the twinapi.appcore.dll files are corrupted, that's why you're getting the said error message. We suggest that you uninstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection on your computer, and then perform
    the following steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run.
    • Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.
    • Open Windows Store and install Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Once done, kindly check if the game works for you.

We'll keep an eye on your update.

Ariel Acu, May 21, 2020
  4. Why does Microsoft need to charge for ad free solitaire, especially when it constantly...

Solitaire and jigsaw puzzles ads constantly hang in windows 10

I love playing solitaire and jigsaw puzzles, but they are getting harder every day to play because the ads constantly hang.

Original Title: games

CharleneRoberson, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Why does Microsoft need to charge for ad free solitaire, especially when it constantly...

1. Why does Microsoft need to charge for ad free solitaire, especially when it constantly... - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does the ad "Microsoft Solitaire Collection" freeze the game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the ad "Microsoft Solitaire Collection" freeze the game?: Good afternoon John,There have been complaints on the gaming chat that the game is jamming after the ad are played.I notice that you can play a game, for instance, Spades. The ad comes up for the Solitaire Collection and after the adis finished, there is an inscription that...
  3. Why does the ad "Microsoft Solitaire Collection" freeze the game?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the ad "Microsoft Solitaire Collection" freeze the game?: Good afternoon John,There have been complaints on the gaming chat that the game is jamming after the ad are played.I notice that you can play a game, for instance, Spades. The ad comes up for the Solitaire Collection and after the adis finished, there is an inscription that...
  4. Ads on microsoft solitaire

Ads on microsoft solitaire: I paid my fee why do i have to still see ads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-on-microsoft-solitaire/96dad587-a826-464b-92ba-155630691953
  5. Ads on microsoft solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads on microsoft solitaire: I paid my fee why do i have to still see ads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-on-microsoft-solitaire/96dad587-a826-464b-92ba-155630691953
  6. Ads on microsoft solitaire

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ads on microsoft solitaire: I paid my fee why do i have to still see ads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ads-on-microsoft-solitaire/96dad587-a826-464b-92ba-155630691953
  7. Ads on Microsoft Solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads on Microsoft Solitaire: I am really, really disappointed, angry, frustrated with the ads now appearing on Microsoft solitaire. This is a "takeaway". Solitaire has always since its inception been free and part of buying a "windows"computer well maybe not my first Microsoft powered computer running...
  8. Microsoft Free solitaire ads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Free solitaire ads: How to prevent loud annoying repetitive ads during games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-free-solitaire-ads/aa79bb09-1b79-4ac3-9749-2cf83f4a281b
  9. ads on microsoft solitaire

ads on microsoft solitaire: I have paid for premium and ads are now popping up. I do not renew until september. WHY?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-on-microsoft-solitaire/bba940ed-bf0a-4464-af9b-15db379ef5e8
  10. ads on microsoft solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ads on microsoft solitaire: I don't mind the ads, but some of them have flashing white bars on the top and bottom of the ad. For someone like me with vision problems, it is so uncomfortable that I have to put my head on my desk until the ad is finished. Anyone else with this problem? Is there any...