Windows 10: Why does Microsoft not know how to play a mp4 video file in my email?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft not know how to play a mp4 video file in my email? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why does Microsoft not know how to play a mp4 video file in my email?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by icouldbewrong, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Why does Microsoft not know how to play a mp4 video file in my email?

Why does Microsoft not know how to play a mp4 video file in my email?

:)

icouldbewrong, Feb 25, 2021
  2. ahlun82 Win User

Mp4 video unable to play

Hi, everyone.
    I got a video mp4 unable to play or cannot render this file when i am play with windows media player.
    I have tried to repair the video with Stella Phoenix video repair. But its same.

Why does Microsoft not know how to play a mp4 video file in my email? [​IMG]

This video still have the file size, but it just unable to play.

Thanks and regards
    Clarence Lim

ahlun82, Feb 25, 2021
  3. No Audio For MP4 Video Files

Hi Bryan,

This error may occur if the MP4 file is corrupted. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Is there an error message displayed about audio when opening or playing MP4 video files?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Joergi Win User

Play MP4 in Media PLayer

I am using mp4 files myself. Rather heavily. The files I have use the native h264 codecs for video and also something pretty standard for audio and they work. MP4 is a container format and I vaguely remember I once had a file, that did not play.

I am not a real expert here, but you can try this:

Download the static Windows version of ffmpeg and check your mp4 file with ffprobe.exe. It will output a bunch of information about that file, including the codecs used inside it. Knowing these codecs is a first step on the way to a solution.

Joergi, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft not know how to play a mp4 video file in my email? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. HOW TO PLAY MP4 VIDEOS WIN 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO PLAY MP4 VIDEOS WIN 11: Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-play-mp4-videos-win-11/46e95c9e-c21a-41be-a989-c3abc634fb13
  3. HOW TO PLAY MP4 VIDEOS WIN 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO PLAY MP4 VIDEOS WIN 11: Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-play-mp4-videos-win-11/46e95c9e-c21a-41be-a989-c3abc634fb13
  4. Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?: ColleaguesWhy does my MP4 video not play any sound? I've tried to find a Microsoft driver update, but I can't find one that looks trustworthy. Incidentally, if I copy the MP4 to my iPad, it plays both vision and sound correctly.Many thanksIan...
  5. Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?: ColleaguesWhy does my MP4 video not play any sound? I've tried to find a Microsoft driver update, but I can't find one that looks trustworthy. Incidentally, if I copy the MP4 to my iPad, it plays both vision and sound correctly.Many thanksIan...
  6. Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?

7. Cannot play MP4 Videos .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot play MP4 Videos .: Ok so when i open an MP4 vid it says "the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid" It was a video file from bandicam Screen Recorder App I tried rerinstalling the app removing folders still i cant play anything !...
  8. Cannot play MP4 Videos .

Cannot play MP4 Videos .: Ok so when i open an MP4 vid it says "the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid" It was a video file from bandicam Screen Recorder App I tried rerinstalling the app removing folders still i cant play anything !...
  9. Play of MP4 attachments to emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Play of MP4 attachments to emails: I got no hits searching the internet for an answer to this problem. Did not even find anyone reporting the same problem. I have a problem playing MP4 videos that have been sent as attachments to emails. This is a new (to me) problem and I cannot connect it to any changes or...
  10. Why does MP4 file not play properly on my PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does MP4 file not play properly on my PC?: Try using VLC. If that can't play it, the file is usually to blame. I would like to second that, and also recommend VLC to you, it's just a good media player - Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN