Windows 10: Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I screenshot Power Users - Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission.... 182204 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by scherz0, Jul 20, 2021.

1. scherz0 Win User

Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ?

I screenshot Power Users - Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission....

:)

scherz0, Jul 20, 2021

2. How to add a Microsoft email account to Outlook 2016

I saw an old post describing the steps to add an msn.com email account to Microsoft Outlook. It had to be done manually selecting the first option and using blu404.m.hotmail as the server. If I try to do the same, however, I get an error message saying that the server can't be reached.

How can I add a Microsoft email account (hotmail/outlook) to desktop Outlook? I can use this email account in Outlook Live, (it shows Outlook Mail in the upper left corner of my emails), but I can't add it to Outlook 2016 from Office Professional. I was able to add an @att.net email account, but I don't know what to do for a Microsoft account.

If I try to add it without any manual steps I get an error message saying (more or less): "an encrypted email did not work, try and unencrypted email", but that does not work either. Clearly, some manual configuration is needed: please guide me along the required steps. In case it matters, my password is 8 characters long.

Karen Clayton, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016 | Laptop Mag

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, Jul 20, 2021
  4. scherz0 Win User

scherz0, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does my email not have a name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my email not have a name?: When I click on the blue e for Edge at the bottom of the screen, I see several rectangles, each of which look like a smaller version of what I see if I click on one. Each one has a name. For some reason, with my Yahoo email, the name has been missing for a couple of days....
  3. Why does my email not have a name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my email not have a name?: When I click on the blue e for Edge at the bottom of the screen, I see several rectangles, each of which look like a smaller version of what I see if I click on one. Each one has a name. For some reason, with my Yahoo email, the name has been missing for a couple of days....
  4. Why does my email not have a name?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ?

Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ?: I screenshot Power Users - Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission.... 182204
  6. Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ?

in Browsers and Email
    Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", ... ?: I screenshot Power Users - Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission.... 182172
  7. Why does Outlook/Microsoft not Fix it's Email Apps to show all Phishing Email Addresses on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Outlook/Microsoft not Fix it's Email Apps to show all Phishing Email Addresses on...: This email is why you need to have your Developers Fix your Outlook Email App and Other Email Apps!!!!!! Your Appsshould/must identify such Emails' email addresses on the First Page and not allow them to hide or use hidden addresses or Fake Addresses! These you know that...
  8. Microsoft's daily email ... 'It looks like we don't have permission to get email for ......

Microsoft's daily email ... 'It looks like we don't have permission to get email for ......: This is an Outlook.com account. I know many people have posted but they usually have a problem on the web app. On the date of the 'last successful sync' I had changed the password after a security alert from Microsoft, after which these emails began. To date I have been...
  9. why does microsoft need to ask permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does microsoft need to ask permission: so basically whenever i use programs made by microsoft it asks me for permission to make changes to my device but why does microsoft need to ask permission on thier own service it doesnt make sense...
  10. Outlook not getting new email

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook not getting new email: Hi there Check that in the account settings for your email (per account) go to the send mail server settings -->advanced and enter inbox for the root folder. This should then make all emails visible again. I'm using IMAP (who bothers with POP3 these days). Check also...