Windows 10: Why does "Microsoft Photos" use a lot of CPU time, even if I have zero photos

Discus and support Why does "Microsoft Photos" use a lot of CPU time, even if I have zero photos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have no photos in Microsoft Photos. Yet, in "Task Manager" it's consistently the top user of "CPU time". I have cleared the usage history, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BryceNesbitt, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Why does "Microsoft Photos" use a lot of CPU time, even if I have zero photos

I have no photos in Microsoft Photos. Yet, in "Task Manager" it's consistently the top user of "CPU time".

I have cleared the usage history, and photos.exe climbs right back to the top (or near the top after the browser).

Why?

Can I uninstall this hog?

:)

BryceNesbitt, Feb 20, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Why does "Microsoft Photos" use a lot of CPU time, even if I have zero photos 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Feb 20, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Why does "Microsoft Photos" use a lot of CPU time, even if I have zero photos

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Why does "Microsoft Photos" use a lot of CPU time, even if I have zero photos

1. Why does "Microsoft Photos" use a lot of CPU time, even if I have zero photos - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does Microsoft Photos suck so much?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Photos suck so much?: So, I'm using Microsoft Photos to view and sort through a bunch of pictures I have. And it always goes the same way. I'm going through the pictures, and at a random point, when I'm looking at a photo, it will suddenly jump back 7 photos ago to something I was looking at...
  3. Why does Microsoft Photos suck so much?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Photos suck so much?: So, I'm using Microsoft Photos to view and sort through a bunch of pictures I have. And it always goes the same way. I'm going through the pictures, and at a random point, when I'm looking at a photo, it will suddenly jump back 7 photos ago to something I was looking at...
  4. microsoft photo - why photo becomes square?

microsoft photo - why photo becomes square?: Hi,When double click to open a jpeg photo file, it shows original which is16X9 ratio 4608 X 2592 for millisecond and the photo becomes square. I can open same photo with other apps correctly. This is so annoying when I have to quickly check hundreds of photos by a trail...
  5. microsoft photos does not have all the adjustments

microsoft photos does not have all the adjustments: Microsoft Photos my laptop does not have all the photo adjustments that I read about in a PC magazine article. I can adjust only light, color, and clarity. There are no adjustment bars for shadows, exposure, contrast highlights, etc. I have reset the app, but the...
  6. Changing time stamp on Photo using Windows Photo

Changing time stamp on Photo using Windows Photo: This issue has been asked previously but there is a way using Photos. 1. Open file in Photos 2. Open File Properties in . . . on right if not open. 3. Change Date and/or time using boxes. 4. Click check mark on bottom make sure the boxes return to white background 5. Go...
  7. Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos

Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos: I recieve pictures attached to emails frequently, and when I double-click to open them, more often than not, they do not open. It's the same situation if I'm browsing my photos in file explorer. I'm able to see the thumbnails of them, but when I double click them to open, the...
  8. Windows 10 Photos--Why is it even called "Photos"

Windows 10 Photos--Why is it even called "Photos": I sell vintage glass. To do this I need a filing system to store my photos by manufacturer NOT BY DATE. I want a filing system. I don't want "To get creative" beyond a little basic editing, or add sound tracks or three-D effects or anything else. Windows Live Photo...
  9. Ridiculous amount of CPU used by Microsoft Photos and Store

Ridiculous amount of CPU used by Microsoft Photos and Store: One of my PC's (backup-secondary) uses very high amount CPU time for Photos and Store. I don't use Photos at all and very rarely Store. Does anybody have a suggestion how to correct it? This is my Secondary-PC for last month: [ATTACH] This is my PC-Main [ATTACH]...
  10. Why does Microsoft Photos App stop importing photos?

Why does Microsoft Photos App stop importing photos?: I have read many posts about problems importing into the Photos App in Windows 10, but none of the answers work for me and my problem seems different (kind of). I have a Dell 9020 computer with a quad Core i5, 120GB SSD and 8GB of RAM (not that this should make any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft photos cpu time

2. Microsoft photos high cpu time

3. microsoft photos high network usahe

4. microsoft photos high cpu,
  5. microsoft photos using cpu time,
  6. micorsoft photos high cpu when adding folder,
  7. microsoft photos extrem high cpu time,
  8. photos.exe using a lot of cpu,
  9. microsoft photos cpu-zeit,
  10. microsoft photos using a lot of cpu time