Windows 10: why does microsoft print to pdf no longer work on Windows 10 ?

Discus and support why does microsoft print to pdf no longer work on Windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Unfortunately, Microsoft print to pdf no longer works on Windows 10. It failed on my desktop producing a zero length file and, after 6 hours, thought I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OllyC_1, May 30, 2023.

1. OllyC_1 Win User

why does microsoft print to pdf no longer work on Windows 10 ?

Unfortunately, Microsoft print to pdf no longer works on Windows 10. It failed on my desktop producing a zero length file and, after 6 hours, thought I would try it on my laptop - same problem !! I guess a recent update had caused this. Any ideas how to fix it ?

:)

OllyC_1, May 30, 2023

2. Microsoft Print to PDF no longer working in Windows 10

Hello Ray_350

Please Try these methods

A.Turn off Microsoft Print to PDF feature and turn it on again

1.Type windows feature in the search box from the Start menu. Then click Turn

2.Scroll down on the pop-up Windows features window. Find and clear the box of Microsoft Print to PDF. Then click OK to save settings.

3.Reboot your Windows 10.

4.Follow step 1) again to open Windows features window. This time find and tick on Microsoft Print to PDF to enable it. Then click OK to save changes.

B.Set Microsoft Print to PDF as default printer

1.Type printer in the search box from Start menu. Then click Devices and Printers from the top result.

2. Find and right-click on Microsoft Print to PDF under Printers dialog on Devices and Printers window. Then click Set as default printer.

C. Remove Microsoft Print to PDF and reinstall its driver

1)Follow step 1 of Way three to open Devices and Printers window.

2) Find and right-click on Microsoft Print to PDF under Printers dialog. Then click Remove device. Click Yes when asked to confirm.

3) Right-click on the blank area on Devices and Printers window to choose Add devices and printers.

4) Click The printer that I want isn’t listed.

5) Tick on Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings. Then click Next.

6) Choose PORTPROMPT: (Local Port) from the drop-down list under Use an existing port. Then click Next

7) Set Manufacturer Microsoft and Printers be Microsoft Print to PDF. Click Next to go on.

8) Tick on Replace the current driver. Then click Next.

9) Click Next.

10) You have restored the Microsoft Print to PDF. Click Finish to complete the process.

You can use it properly now.

I hope it helps you

Pedro V Flores, May 30, 2023
  3. grahaml1 Win User
    Microsoft Print to pdf

I use Sibelius Software and recently the Microsoft Print to pdf hasn't been working properly. In looking for a solution it was suggested that I remove it from the computer and reinstall the driver etc. It looked easy to do. I followed the steps as told (way
    4)

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-microsoft-print-pdf-not-working-windows-10/

But when I started the process of reinstalling it in 'add devices and printers' and came to the bit about chosing a device I wasn't offered 'The printer that I want isn't listed' option, but instead it said 'can't find what you're looking for' and when I
    pressed that link it took me to a Microsoft page about Bluetooth. I'm not sure how to get round this?

How can I reinstall the pdf printer?

Thanks!

grahaml1, May 30, 2023
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Microsoft "Print to PDF" prints out Garbage

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Microsoft Print to PDF, we just have a few questions for you:

• What are the documents that you're trying to save as a PDF file?
    • Can you provide us a step-by-step screenshot of how you print your documents as PDF?

Erika Aro, May 30, 2023
Thema:

1. why does microsoft print to pdf no longer work on Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - why does microsoft

2. why does microsoft print to pdf no longer work on Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does microsoft print to pdf no longer work on Windows 10 ?: Unfortunately, Microsoft print to pdf no longer works on Windows 10. It failed on my desktop producing a zero length file and, after 6 hours, thought I would try it on my laptop - same problem !! I guess a recent update had caused this. Any ideas how to fix it ?...
  3. why does microsoft print to pdf no longer work on Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does microsoft print to pdf no longer work on Windows 10 ?: Unfortunately, Microsoft print to pdf no longer works on Windows 10. It failed on my desktop producing a zero length file and, after 6 hours, thought I would try it on my laptop - same problem !! I guess a recent update had caused this. Any ideas how to fix it ?...
  4. Can no longer print to pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can no longer print to pdf: I tried to print something and I was prompted with "no printer found". A quick look at Control Panel showed there was no Print to PDF icon. Add s Printer found no printer nor gave me further choices to do so. I went to Programs and Features and both choices for virtual...
  5. Can no longer print to pdf

in Windows 10 Support
    Can no longer print to pdf: I tried to print something and I was prompted with "no printer found". A quick look at Control Panel showed there was no Print to PDF icon. Add s Printer found no printer nor gave me further choices to do so. I went to Programs and Features and both choices for virtual...
  6. Print to PDF not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Print to PDF not working in Windows 10: In this article, we will see the possible solutions for the problem Print to PDF is not working in Windows 10. The Microsoft Print to PDF feature lets users save documents and web pages as PDF on their computer. This feature works on a number of applications like Microsoft...
  7. Microsoft Print to PDF unable to work

Microsoft Print to PDF unable to work: Hi all, Microsoft Print to PDF is not working on my Windows 10 machine. When it prompts for filename, it will prompt twice, and the output file is 0 bytes. I have tried all methods which I found online, which includes: 1 Remove the printer, reboot, reinstall printer. 2...
  8. MS Print to PDF no longer available or working?

MS Print to PDF no longer available or working?: Even after updates, I do not have the option of MS Print to PDF. .PRN documents do not work for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-print-to-pdf-no-longer-available-or-working/589ca76e-4b34-48af-a5ec-d3474c65e6d4
  9. Microsoft Print to PDF no longer flattening files

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Print to PDF no longer flattening files: Hello, Using W10x64 Pro Verison 1909 Build 18363.778 with the APR 2020 update. I don't know when this started (perhaps with the newest update??) but if I want to make changes to a pdf I make changes with Adobe READER using comments then I print using the Microsoft Print to...
  10. Microsoft Print to PDF no longer working in Windows 10

Microsoft Print to PDF no longer working in Windows 10: I removed Microsoft Print to PDF printer already, then added it back in … but that still does not allow me to print. Once I added the printer back "You've successfully added Microsoft Print to PDF (Copy 1)", the 'Print a test page' tells me that "A test page has been sent...