Windows 10: Why does Microsoft recommend buying a new PC to run Windows 10?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft recommend buying a new PC to run Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm a Windows 7 user and Microsoft invited me to downgrade to Windows 10 (which I won't be doing). But I was struck by one particular statement:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jamie UK, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Jamie UK Win User

Why does Microsoft recommend buying a new PC to run Windows 10?

I'm a Windows 7 user and Microsoft invited me to downgrade to Windows 10 (which I won't be doing).

But I was struck by one particular statement:

"The best way to experience Windows 10 is on a new PC. While it is possible to install Windows 10 on your older device, it is not recommended."

(Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-7-end-of-life-support-information)

I don't see why that is? The FAQ goes into a little more detail, but it's all pretty vague and confusing. It mentions that "many new PCs have a touchscreen", but if you wanted a touchscreen, you could just buy a touchscreen, rather than updating the entire PC. (I would rather shoot myself in the head than use a touchscreen, but each to his own.)

The whole thing is just really confusing. I have a wonderful high-spec PC. Why would I need to build a new PC just to install a new OS?

:)

Jamie UK, Sep 10, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 10, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft recommend buying a new PC to run Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. can you buy me a pc that will run new games

in Windows 10 Customization
    can you buy me a pc that will run new games: "im looking for a cpu that will run the next bohemia interactive military sim game""at the max fps i can get for $800 yes i am" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-buy-me-a-pc-that-will-run-new-games/26e3ca52-1dac-4411-8927-523852cebd3a
  3. Why does Windows 10 recommend so much hardware

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Windows 10 recommend so much hardware: Hi folks I'm at a loss to understand why these days Windows 10 always recommends so much hardware --even on a moderate laptop (I'm addressing this to typical users not Gamers / extreme developers etc). Ms has improved the performance of the OS hugely in recent releases...
  4. Why does windows recommend 125% scaling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does windows recommend 125% scaling?: Does it make that much of a different. I prefer 100% scale on my laptop its much bigger. submitted by /u/midsty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqy9dp/why_does_windows_recommend_125_scaling/
  5. New pc buy Windows again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New pc buy Windows again?: I just have a laptop with Windows 10 already installed (the laptop is new) and I want to build a gaming pc and assemble it myself. Now my question is if i have to buy Windows or if i can do it somehow? Neuer Pc nochmal Windows kaufen?
  6. Why does Windows 10 recommend a display scale?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows 10 recommend a display scale?: Windows 10 recommends that I use 125%, but I like the text size to be at 100% (my resolution is 1920x1080). Just curious to know why 125% is the recommended scale...is it due to hardware and software compatibility? submitted by /u/Principal-Moo [link] [comments]...
  7. What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10?: What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-antivirus-does-microsoft-recommend-for/6cc20854-09a1-48b8-a8be-3f81166ffc50
  8. To buy a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To buy a new PC: Ok so i need to build a Pc with good, fine settings like 4/8GB ram, 3.0 ghz processor and everything . Can somebody suggest me components???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-buy-a-new-pc/93cf2b3e-64cd-445d-b218-e8a58439c439
  9. Buying Windows 10 from Microsoft for a new PC, installing and configuring guidance

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Buying Windows 10 from Microsoft for a new PC, installing and configuring guidance: Hi all I have just read MVP, Andrew De Costa's article on the difference between the Full Retail versions and the OEM Builders Pack for new PCs. I am planning to build new ultra high end, standalone workstation with an Intel Server MB, Xeon Gold CPUs, Nvidia GEForce 1080...
  10. Buying a new PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Buying a new PC: I will be purchasing a new PC next month. I use Todo Backup to create a system backup. Can I use the backup on a new SSD or would it be wise to do a clean install of Windows 10? I will uninstall the sound card driver and any other drivers that are obsolete because the new PC...