Windows 10: Why does microsoft remove home networking from my computers after each update download

Discus and support Why does microsoft remove home networking from my computers after each update download in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yet another update removing the home networking files from my computers WHY????this evening another update was forced upon my home system it whiped the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenHayward26, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Why does microsoft remove home networking from my computers after each update download

Yet another update removing the home networking files from my computers WHY????this evening another update was forced upon my home system it whiped the abilty to file share between my 8 computers which are linked via my router the update turns off SMB in optional features and it happens after each update, after a update is forced upon the computers I have to go into optional features and reset the SMB back on.WHY HAS MICROSOFT GOT A HATRED OF US HAVING NETWORKS FIRST IT REMOVED HOME GROUPS NOW ITS MESSING WITH OUR SETTINGSPACK IT IN MICROSOFT YOU DO NOT OWN OUR MACHINES WE DO IF YOU WANT THEM

:)

StephenHayward26, Jul 16, 2021

2. Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Eric2139 Win User

Why does microsoft remove home networking from my computers after each update download

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Why does microsoft remove home networking from my computers after each update download

1. Why does microsoft remove home networking from my computers after each update download - Similar Threads - Why does microsoft

2. Why does my microsoft store is not updating or not downloading nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my microsoft store is not updating or not downloading nothing: Hi there recently after i have factory reseted my laptop my Microsoft store stopped working so I can t doneload nothing from it or even update older apps my internet connection is a very good one so I don t know which might be the problem DID ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO IN THIS...
  3. why does my network from home say public network as opposed to provate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my network from home say public network as opposed to provate: How do I change to a private network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-network-from-home-say-public-network/1c7f3ae9-47f7-4b30-bc37-0f7774fca5bb
  4. why does my network from home say public network as opposed to provate

why does my network from home say public network as opposed to provate: How do I change to a private network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-network-from-home-say-public-network/1c7f3ae9-47f7-4b30-bc37-0f7774fca5bb
  5. After a recent microsoft update why does my photo program no longer download photos from my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a recent microsoft update why does my photo program no longer download photos from my...: My new Envy desktop recently installed an update from microsoft. Since installation I can no longer download new photos from my samsung android to the microsoft photo program. In addition, photos that were saved to the photo program beforehand have disappeared since the...
  6. After a recent microsoft update why does my photo program no longer download photos from my...

After a recent microsoft update why does my photo program no longer download photos from my...: My new Envy desktop recently installed an update from microsoft. Since installation I can no longer download new photos from my samsung android to the microsoft photo program. In addition, photos that were saved to the photo program beforehand have disappeared since the...
  7. Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???: Yet again Microsoft is messing about with my computers and removing my ability to have a home network, Every few days they push a update onto my 9 machines which turns OFF the ability for the machines to see each other on my LAN network so I am unable to copy files around the...
  8. Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???

Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???: Yet again Microsoft has pushed out an update which reset all the networking items to "OFF" in all my computers, WHY DOES MICROSOFT HATE HOME NETWORKING????? ON ANOTHER THOUGHT THESE MACHINES ARE MINE NOT MICROSOFT'S SO WHAT RIGHT DO THEY HAVE TO MUCK ABOUT WITH THEM WITHOUT...
  9. Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???

Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???: Another update and yet again my small home network of 6 Win 10 machines, 5 NAS servers is trashed!! I can only see the NAS servers none of the Win 10 machines will see each other or share files so its another round of resetting things on the machines like SMB settings which...
  10. Why does Microsoft hate us having home networking

Why does Microsoft hate us having home networking: I have 10 computers on a home network 4 old desktops which are used for data storage ( a poor mans NAS )3 laptops of various ages 2 desktops for general use and a very old Samsung nc10 which belively runs Win 10. These machines are connected via a Netgear switch and router...