Windows 10: Why does Microsoft require so many system updates...when there are two to three factor...

Discus and support Why does Microsoft require so many system updates...when there are two to three factor... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; System updates have become normal practice amongst tech society...and rolling over into everyday life needs. When do is stop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ollie Ellis, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Why does Microsoft require so many system updates...when there are two to three factor...

System updates have become normal practice amongst tech society...and rolling over into everyday life needs. When do is stop?

:)

Ollie Ellis, Jan 26, 2023
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why does Microsoft require so many system updates...when there are two to three factor... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Custom Scaling Factor keeps resetting after latest Windows 10 update

Hi,

To address your concern with Custom Scaling Factor, we suggest you to update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard, then click Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Drivers to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
    Update Driver Software.

3. Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jan 26, 2023
  4. OSdevr Win User

Why does Microsoft require so many system updates...when there are two to three factor...

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

Why does Microsoft require so many system updates...when there are two to three factor...

1. Why does Microsoft require so many system updates...when there are two to three factor... - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does Microsoft require so many system updates...when there are two to three factor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft require so many system updates...when there are two to three factor...: System updates have become normal practice amongst tech society...and rolling over into everyday life needs. When do is stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-require-so-many-system/96b341d3-86a9-4856-b057-430cab5a84f6
  3. Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication: I use Microsoft Windows Home edition Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630). I installed iCloud for Windows (works fine) and have two-factor authentication turned on for my Apple account.Every time I log in to iCloud, I need to request a verification code via SMS. (which works...
  4. Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge - iCloud Two-factor Authentication: I use Microsoft Windows Home edition Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630). I installed iCloud for Windows (works fine) and have two-factor authentication turned on for my Apple account.Every time I log in to iCloud, I need to request a verification code via SMS. (which works...
  5. Why so many Security Intelligence updates?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why so many Security Intelligence updates?: I have no issues with Defender, but why so many updates for the Security Intelligence updates? I get Security Intelligence updates for KB2267602 every 2 hours or so, all of which are successfully updating and everything. This includes the most up to date version too. I find...
  6. Application of two factors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application of two factors: Hello people as you are. There will be some two-factor authentication application that does not require a phone number to set it up and instead can be done from an email. submitted by /u/leninalbertolp [link] [comments]...
  7. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  8. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  9. Does local account support Two-factor authentication?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does local account support Two-factor authentication?: I'm guessing one needs a Microsoft account for it... but I'm not sure, I would like it to first scan my fingerprint then I get prompted for a password. Does anyone know if this is possible on a local account? 91950
  10. Why are there so many Win 10 updates requiring reboot?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why are there so many Win 10 updates requiring reboot?: Almost every day for the last week or two, I find the system requiring restarting to finish installing an update. I used to use Linux and it was very rare for an update to require restarting. Windows 10 has frozen my games on many occasions now because of this. 38637