Windows 10: Why does Microsoft Restart My Computer? Stop it!

Discus and support Why does Microsoft Restart My Computer? Stop it! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What in the heck is wrong in the Microsoft development department? I DO NOT WANT YOU TO RESTART MY COMPUTER ANYMORE!!!! How do I prevent Micorosoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Samlf3rd, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Samlf3rd Win User

Why does Microsoft Restart My Computer? Stop it!

What in the heck is wrong in the Microsoft development department? I DO NOT WANT YOU TO RESTART MY COMPUTER ANYMORE!!!!

How do I prevent Micorosoft from ever being able to restart my computer EVER AGAIN?>>>>>>??????

I like most people use your computers to do work, and I leave many windows open while I am coding hundreds of pages for work and you seem to find a way to restart my computer AND make sure I can't shut this feature off. Why would you constantly restart my computer?

What is wrong with you people? Do you use computers yourself? Do you like when your pc restarts without warning every single night?Incompetitence!

I need someone to help with a hack to stop ALL UPDATES or opportunities for Microsoft to decide when it should update my computer. I tell the Windows 10 system to stop updates, but it says I can only pause it.... Why????????

STOP RESTARTING OUR COMPUTERS!!! Do you guys not read forums? STOP>!

I had very important files open for the third time in a month. Please someone give me a hack to never allow Microwhatever not to ever be able to turn it back on for any reason or give me that dumb red arrow CONSTANTLY notifying me...... You have ruined countless hours of work for me because you keep restarting my computer without my permission. Someone should sue you for loss of time and effort. But you guys could give a care less apparently! I should be working right now but you just ruined 4-days of my work! Again! And Again!!!!!!!!!! Why>>>>>>!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Thank you?................ STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are the source of all computer problems! Unsafe and very hackable programming which put all of us at risk cause of your poor programming.

I don't want a Microsoft tech to chime in with cheap pre-written lies.

Welcome to the forum I am __fake_name_fake_greeting_I_didn't_read_your_question_but_will_say stupid_Stuff_that_does_you_no_good_at_all........

I want a guy who knows how to use a computer to give me advice. Anybody with a permanent solution?

cause these people have no clue. This is what they mean by people who went to college think they are smart but really aren't.... Hey why don't we restart people's computers twice a week and make them lose work. WHY>>>>??????????? What would compel you to do such a thing? I know why,, my sentence above is why..... I will take the forum scammer at this point maybe he can destroy my pc so I can buy a mac and not have these problems anymore!!!!!!! Thanks again.......

:)

Samlf3rd, Jan 27, 2021

2. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Jan 27, 2021
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Why does Microsoft Restart My Computer? Stop it!

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Why does Microsoft Restart My Computer? Stop it!

1. Why does Microsoft Restart My Computer? Stop it! - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does my computer keep restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep restarting?: A blue screen keeps coming up to restart and then as soon as it finishes it does it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-keep-restarting/bfe4cf4e-6cca-428e-953d-156ec1115814
  3. Why does my computer keep restarting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer keep restarting?: A blue screen keeps coming up to restart and then as soon as it finishes it does it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-keep-restarting/bfe4cf4e-6cca-428e-953d-156ec1115814
  4. Why does my computer restart while asleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer restart while asleep?: For the last month or so sometimes when my computer is asleep it will have restarted and the programs I had open will not be open due to the restart. I'm not sure what's causing this issue and would greatly appreciate any help....
  5. Why does my computer restart while asleep?

Why does my computer restart while asleep?: For the last month or so sometimes when my computer is asleep it will have restarted and the programs I had open will not be open due to the restart. I'm not sure what's causing this issue and would greatly appreciate any help....
  6. Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?: My computer has been randomly restarting recently. I am using Windows 10 version 21H2. I have already talked to Microsoft Support twice about this and neither of their suggestions have worked to stop the issue. Ever since the issue started on Monday, I started deleting...
  7. Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?: My computer has been randomly restarting recently. I am using Windows 10 version 21H2. I have already talked to Microsoft Support twice about this and neither of their suggestions have worked to stop the issue. Ever since the issue started on Monday, I started deleting...
  8. Why does my computer keep randomly restarting?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why does Microsoft Restart My Computer? How to Stop Windows 10 updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft Restart My Computer? How to Stop Windows 10 updates?: What in the heck is wrong in the Microsoft development department? I DO NOT WANT YOU TO RESTART MY COMPUTER ANYMORE!!!! How do I prevent Micorosoft from ever being able to restart my computer EVER AGAIN?>>>>>>?????? I cannot believe for like the 10th time you guys have...
  10. why does my folders stop responding and then pc restarts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does my folders stop responding and then pc restarts?: I am so darn frustrated, this is a brand new computer. When I am working in my folders they stop responding the windows has to restart. I have done everything I can think of. Did the CheckHealth No Componet Store Corruption Detected. The Operation completed Successfully.,...