Windows 10: Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of...

Discus and support Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner, and it found 4 infected files which it did not mention at the end of the scan. I ran it again partially until it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alan 777, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Alan 777 Win User

Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of...

I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner, and it found 4 infected files which it did not mention at the end of the scan. I ran it again partially until it found one infected file and then I cancelled the scan. I also ran the Microsoft Defender antivirus with full and offline scans, but neither scan mode found anything. Am I registering false positives?

:)

Alan 777, Aug 31, 2022
  2. HalgeirS Win User

Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the end shows scan completed successfully without detections

Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and when I get the scan result at the end it says "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, and other potentially unwanted software were detected".

Why does this happen? I have tried booting in to safe mode where it gets the same detections, and the same end result. Almost as the malware have found a way to cheat the Microsoft Safety Scanner.

Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of... 4cfa1b5a-2444-4a69-9656-288df71e121b?upload=true.jpg

Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of... dc059b61-75b3-4b76-8146-c1828ab4f8e8?upload=true.jpg

HalgeirS, Aug 31, 2022
  3. Microsoft safety scanner finds no virus?

Hello Anxious,

I am Jaspreet Singh.

Microsoft Scanner works in steps.

So at first stage it will detect what may be an infected file and it will add that to a list. This is the number you see when you see the scanner progressing. These are not actual infections, just suspicious files.

Once the scan is done the safety scanner will match the suspected files with the most recent database of threats and then tell you the actual infections on your system. If the last number is 0 it means no actual infection was found.

JaspreetSingh08, Aug 31, 2022
  4. _AW_ Win User

Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of...

Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

Hi eric, it's quite common for Microsoft Safety Scanner to flag some files during the scan, but upon further inspection of the files in the cloud, the end result is no detections.

Refer to Rob Koch's reply at the link below for a detailed explanation:

Redirecting

Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of... - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner Find Infected Files but the summary at the end says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner Find Infected Files but the summary at the end says no...: Title of this question says it all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-safety-scanner-find-infected/4bdf69e5-951a-4003-8dec-bfaa571bfb52
  3. Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner Find Infected Files but the summary at the end says no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner Find Infected Files but the summary at the end says no...: Title of this question says it all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-safety-scanner-find-infected/4bdf69e5-951a-4003-8dec-bfaa571bfb52
  4. I've run safety scanner and during the scan it says 2 files are infected but at the end of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I've run safety scanner and during the scan it says 2 files are infected but at the end of...: running safety scanner and 2 infected files are reported but when the scan finishes it says no problems to report. Why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ive-run-safety-scanner-and-during-the-scan-it-says/a91ebc7f-2262-4e33-b597-7340cb05950f
  5. Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...: Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and when I get the scan result at the end it says "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, and other potentially unwanted software were detected".Why does this happen? I have tried booting in to safe mode...
  6. Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...: Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and when I get the scan result at the end it says "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, and other potentially unwanted software were detected".Why does this happen? I have tried booting in to safe mode...
  7. I scanned my pc with microsoft safety scanner and during the scan it detected a infected...

I scanned my pc with microsoft safety scanner and during the scan it detected a infected...: Hi I just used microsoft safety scanner because I had a feeling there was something wrong and during the scan it says 1 file was found malicious and then at the end of the scan it says no threats detected. Whats the deal? What do I need to do?...
  8. MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...

MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...: Like the title says, while I am running the Microsoft Security Scanner it shows that it found 4 infected files, yet when the scanner ends it says it found nothing, and shows no detections in the log. Has anyone ever seen this before, or know how to fix it?...
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infection during scan but at the end Result shows no infection

Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infection during scan but at the end Result shows no infection: During the scanning progress indicates "Files Infected" etc. 11 files; at the end of scan indicates no viruses detected. My question is are infected files not virus and did the scanner delete the infection or the problems? thanks [Original Title: Microsoft Safety Scanner]...
  10. Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows...

Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows...: When running the Safety Scanner, the scan progress window indicates "Files Infected" count during the scan.I just ran a "Full" scan and the "Files Infected" count was 30when the scan ended, the scan issues a message that no files were infected. how is this possible? is the...