Windows 10: Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently had to set up this new Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop because bad advice from a Directly Independent Advisor trashed my HP Envy. These are just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taffy087, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?

I recently had to set up this new Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop because bad advice from a Directly Independent Advisor trashed my HP Envy.

These are just some of the Microsoft security and system problems I encountered:

1. It asked me to sign in with the last password I'd used. I had no idea as it was a long time ago that I switched to the PIN system. An option to set up and use a PIN was shown but my PIN was rejected - no reason was given.

2. It then showed "Challenge PIN A1B2C3" - I set up a PIN and got to the Welcome screen but as soon as I tried to get to the next stage, it told me that my PIN was incorrect and that I must restart my device - which I did.

3. This took me to the login screen and then asked for my PIN - which it rejected

4. It then said I'd entered the wrong password too many times and that I should restart my device - which I again did.

5. There was then this screen for a Recovery Code:

Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in? 9b175b68-8239-40f8-90fc-db35a6319b31?upload=true.png

I entered my email address & it told me "We need to verify your account". It rejected my email address ("that email address is already associated with your account. Please enter a different email address.") I showed my wife's - we got the code and to cut a long story short, I ended up with four MS Recovery Codes.

6. It then told me that I could reset my password from the lock screen by going to account.live.com/password/reset

This is nonsense because I couldn't get that far!

7. Somehow I got to a screen that had the option to "reset password".

I clicked on the link and got this warning IN RED:

"The dictionary attack mitigation is triggeredand the provided authorization was ignored by the provider. Option: PIN/Security Key. Insert your Security Key into the USB Port." !!!

8. Next, there was a message "AADSTS900561 The endpoint only accepts POST requests - received a GET request."

And it carried on, and on, and on. I must have spent wasted five hours on this.

My question is Why was it so difficult?

And if further proof of these problems is needed, I can't open my Microsoft Account. Just take a look my thread here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-account/b48e8de7-4f98-4885-8120-c6454e18471e

PS I haven't a clue where should post this. Will a Moderator please move it as appropriate? TIA

:)

Taffy087, Aug 24, 2019
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Aug 24, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?

Why does Microsoft makes it so difficult to sign in?

In this case, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to recover your Microsoft account. This article also provide helpful links should you have difficulties signing in to your account.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?

1. Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?: We have 4 purchased PCs which now need Windows activation with a product key. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult and convoluted to simply purchase license keys ? These PCs are deployed at client locations, so we just need valid license keys. I shouldn't have to go...
  3. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?: We have 4 purchased PCs which now need Windows activation with a product key. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult and convoluted to simply purchase license keys ? These PCs are deployed at client locations, so we just need valid license keys. I shouldn't have to go...
  4. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?: If you want to extend your Windows partition and you have unallocated space on the same disk, Windows Disk Management won't give you the option to extend the volume, it's greyed out in the options menu. This is because you can only extend into adjacent unallocated space, and...
  6. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?

Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?: If you want to extend your Windows partition and you have unallocated space on the same disk, Windows Disk Management won't give you the option to extend the volume, it's greyed out in the options menu. This is because you can only extend into adjacent unallocated space, and...
  7. Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?: My Laptop did a windows Update. Now I am stuck at the BitLocker Recovery Key screen. I never enabled BL. Followed the instructions to login to my MS account, and recover the Key, click on devices, then manage Bitlocker and I get the screen saying it is an incorrect url. Also....
  8. Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?

Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?: My Laptop did a windows Update. Now I am stuck at the BitLocker Recovery Key screen. I never enabled BL. Followed the instructions to login to my MS account, and recover the Key, click on devices, then manage Bitlocker and I get the screen saying it is an incorrect url. Also....
  9. Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?: I had to totally reinstall winBLOWS because M$ has **** QA before releasing updates. Ok, great. Now, I am constantly trying to make Firefox my default browser because, well, M$ sucks. SUCKS. I want as few of their products on my machine as possible. I even had a tech do...
  10. Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...: With just about any other program, I would simply go and uninstall the program from Windows ad/remove - most good programs will also include their own uninstaller. But not so for Adobe CC and this is not good. I tried using the normal/standard Windows interface, I went to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aadsts900561: the endpoint only accepts post requests. received a get request.

2. AADSTS900561

3. aadsts900561: the endpoint only accepts post requests. received a get request

4. Message: AADSTS900561: The endpoint only accepts POST requests. Received a GET request.,
  5. the endpoint only accepts post requests. received a get request.,
  6. klaida AADSTS900561: The endpoint only accepts POST requests. Received a GET request.,
  7. outlook aadsts900561: the endpoint only accepts post requests. received a get request