Windows 10: Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Let me make it very clear from the beginning. My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues. Every program that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by burcakb, Jan 8, 2019.

1. burcakb Win User

Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

Let me make it very clear from the beginning. My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues.

Every program that uses the internet can connect through the VPN software just fine.

Except Microsoft software. I'm talking the Microsoft Store, Skype, Microsoft Office 365 (OneDrive has no problems either).

If my VPN is open, any of the above software will throw an error.

Microsoft Store cannot connect

Skype will look like it's working but it doesn't receive or send messages

When I try to save files from Microsoft Office programs to OneDrive, i get a "cannot sign in" error.

I close the VPN connection and suddenly all these programs start working magically.

It's not a particular VPN software either. I tried OpenVPN, Shadowsocks, etc. Same result.

Everything other than Microsoft also works flawlessly.

:)

burcakb, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jan 8, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN? :D

P4-630, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

vpn is not working

Hi,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Is your WiFi enabled when trying to connect to VPN?
    • Were you able to use WiFi without connecting to VPN?

If you can use WiFi properly without connecting to VPN, we suggest that you refer to your company's IT folks.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

1. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?: Same problem as the one posted by Burcakb at January 8, 2019:My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues.Every program that uses the internet can connect through the VPN software just fine.Except Microsoft software. I'm talking the...
  3. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?: Same problem as the one posted by Burcakb at January 8, 2019:My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues.Every program that uses the internet can connect through the VPN software just fine.Except Microsoft software. I'm talking the...
  4. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. VPN software not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN software not working: HiI have an issue that VPN apps such as: Hotspot Shield and TunnelBear, does not connecting. I have tried using the same app on my phone to make sure that it's not a router issue. And, it works on my mobile but in my PC it doesn't. I have searched for a solutions but non of...
  6. VPN software not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN software not working: HiI have an issue that VPN apps such as: Hotspot Shield and TunnelBear, does not connecting. I have tried using the same app on my phone to make sure that it's not a router issue. And, it works on my mobile but in my PC it doesn't. I have searched for a solutions but non of...
  7. VPN software not working

8. VPN does it actually work ?

VPN does it actually work ?: I use Bitdefender security and it includes free VPN so I though I would give it a go and then check out the results. After seeing adverts on tv as well as other places claiming to 'Hide yourself be private' etc I cleared out Edge and Bing browsing/history databases. With...
  9. VPN does it actually work ?

in Windows 10 Support
    VPN does it actually work ?: I use Bitdefender security and it includes free VPN so I though I would give it a go and then check out the results. After seeing adverts on tv as well as other places claiming to 'Hide yourself be private' etc I cleared out Edge and Bing browsing/history databases. With...
  10. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN? (thread No.2)

Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN? (thread No.2): Hi, I have an issue which was articulated extremely well in a previous thread (see link below), and this is EXACTLY how i witness the problem and again I reiterate this appears to be an issue ONLY with Microsoft software, all other software works fine on VPN. Read this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does microsoft block vpn

2. why does windows not work with vpn

3. overcome microsoft store vpn

4. vpn causing microsoft office app to not work,
  5. microsoft store doesnt work on vpn