Windows 10: Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location

Discus and support Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After searching around on google results it seems this is still unsolved. No amount of doing wsreset or fiddling around in storage settings > change... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NordLord, Nov 21, 2018.

1. NordLord Win User

Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location

After searching around on google results it seems this is still unsolved. No amount of doing wsreset or fiddling around in storage settings > change where new content is stored will make the microsoft store recognize it.

This is ridiculous. The windows platform and the microsoft store show me two completely different things. The USB DRIVE is even visible as an install location before my 1-freaking-terabyte hard drive.

Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location 3189af54-7c31-4c6e-9fde-3e538b29c472?upload=true.png

Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location f9819e8d-aa8b-4cfa-81df-0a5e52ff017e?upload=true.png

How is this acceptable?

:)

NordLord, Nov 21, 2018

2. Windows Store install location can't be set to second drive after it's recovery?

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you have experienced with the Secondary drive. I will certainly help you.

The possible cause for this might be if the secondary hard drive loses its letter/ path.

I suggest you to perform Check Disk on second drive by the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin). Type the below command.
    • Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r
    Please refer to the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13765/windows-store-why-cant-find-install-app

Kindly update us on the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Nov 21, 2018
  3. SSD Detected - Secondary Drive (Hard drive) is not

Ever since doing a fresh install of Windows 10, in "This PC", my secondary hard drive is not in the list. I have already tried right clicking "This PC" and clicking Manage -> Disk Management, but there is nothing there except my SSD with Windows 10 installed.

I have tried changing SATA cables, SATA ports, but it still does not appear in This PC. I have also tried installing my hard drive on a another computer to see if the files were corrupted. They were not, all files were still the same before the installation
    of Windows 10. I did not leave the hard drive plugged in during the installation.

In the BIOS, my computer recognizes both my SSD and my hard drive, but in This PC, it's still missing.

Anything else I can do? Thank you! Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location :)

LitePenguins, Nov 21, 2018
  4. andyouf Win User

Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location

Windows Store Won't Recognize Drive

I was installing apps from Windows Store to a secondary drive. I uninstalled the two apps then deleted any folders related to windows in that drive. (it was just three, winapps, wucache, and something else). Now when I try to install from the Windows Store this drive does not show up in the list of locations. The drive is initialized and works fine in any other setting. Any tips would be much appreciated.

andyouf, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Secondary Hard Drive suddenly missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary Hard Drive suddenly missing: Set up: Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 520 Type 81BF Processor: Intel i7 8550u RAM: 16 GB Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 Hard Drive: 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD Software: Windows 10. OS is on SSD. Laptop running fine for over 1 year and suddenly when computer restarted HDD missing...
  3. Why is my PC not recognized by the Microsoft store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why is my PC not recognized by the Microsoft store?: Last week I got my new PC and tried to download some games from the Microsoft store when I'm going to download these games, it gives me a list of devices I want to install them on. but I only see my Xbox and not my PC although the PC is linked to my email. Can anyone provide...
  4. Windows does not recognize my external hard drive

Windows does not recognize my external hard drive: Windows 10 used to recognize my external hard drive when i plugged it in to the USB port. Suddenly, it doesn't. How do I get it to see the external drive?...
  5. Hard drive not recognized

Hard drive not recognized: suddenly my external hard drive is not showing up in my pc however i can see it in devices and printers how can i fix this problem without losing all the information on my hard drive?...
  6. Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

Internal secondary hard drive not recognised: After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive. Win10 does not "see" it! But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive! How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie....
  7. Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive: Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go to keep the User folder...
  8. Help does not recognize DVD drive to install

Help does not recognize DVD drive to install: Dear good night, I have a laptop Lenovo Z50-75, it was full of viruses. At the time format from the DVD drive, I always get this message [img] . and install updated amd and still will not recognize the unit driver. If anyone knows how help would greatly appreciate it. regards...
  9. Computer does not recognize external hard drive

Computer does not recognize external hard drive: Hi all,I googled this but I really can't find an answer,hear goes.I have 2 seagate external hard drives with all my movies and tv shows.I plug it into my dvd player and watch them on my smart tv.I bought a new one which says seagate external expansion drive.It is not...
  10. How to use secondary hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to use secondary hard drive?: Hi guys. First post here. I recently (two days ago as of this post) received my new PC. My primary hard drive has about 230GB of storage, whereas my secondary hard drive has roughly 980GB. I was wondering if someone could please help me and tell me how I can boot my new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows does not recognise internal hdd

2. microsoft store doesnt recogozie other drives on my pc

3. microsoft store drive letter not show

4. microsoft store cant download to seconday drive,
  5. microsoft store not detecting ssd,
  6. windows store doesn recognize hdd,
  7. microsoft store wont let me install in other drives,
  8. microsoft store not recognizing hard drive,
  9. windows store not recognising hard drives,
  10. windows store doesnt recognise hard drive,
  11. windows store install location doesnt show hard dries,