Windows 10: Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location

Discus and support Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After searching around on google results it seems this is still unsolved. No amount of doing wsreset or fiddling around in storage settings > change... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NordLord, Nov 21, 2018.

1. NordLord Win User

Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location

After searching around on google results it seems this is still unsolved. No amount of doing wsreset or fiddling around in storage settings > change where new content is stored will make the microsoft store recognize it.

This is ridiculous. The windows platform and the microsoft store show me two completely different things. The USB DRIVE is even visible as an install location before my 1-freaking-terabyte hard drive.

Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location 3189af54-7c31-4c6e-9fde-3e538b29c472?upload=true.png

Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location f9819e8d-aa8b-4cfa-81df-0a5e52ff017e?upload=true.png

How is this acceptable?

:)

NordLord, Nov 21, 2018

2. Windows Store install location can't be set to second drive after it's recovery?

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you have experienced with the Secondary drive. I will certainly help you.

The possible cause for this might be if the secondary hard drive loses its letter/ path.

I suggest you to perform Check Disk on second drive by the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin). Type the below command.
    • Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r
    Please refer to the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13765/windows-store-why-cant-find-install-app

Kindly update us on the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Nov 21, 2018
  3. SSD Detected - Secondary Drive (Hard drive) is not

Ever since doing a fresh install of Windows 10, in "This PC", my secondary hard drive is not in the list. I have already tried right clicking "This PC" and clicking Manage -> Disk Management, but there is nothing there except my SSD with Windows 10 installed.

I have tried changing SATA cables, SATA ports, but it still does not appear in This PC. I have also tried installing my hard drive on a another computer to see if the files were corrupted. They were not, all files were still the same before the installation
    of Windows 10. I did not leave the hard drive plugged in during the installation.

In the BIOS, my computer recognizes both my SSD and my hard drive, but in This PC, it's still missing.

Anything else I can do? Thank you! Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location :)

LitePenguins, Nov 21, 2018
  4. andyouf Win User

Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location

Windows Store Won't Recognize Drive

I was installing apps from Windows Store to a secondary drive. I uninstalled the two apps then deleted any folders related to windows in that drive. (it was just three, winapps, wucache, and something else). Now when I try to install from the Windows Store this drive does not show up in the list of locations. The drive is initialized and works fine in any other setting. Any tips would be much appreciated.

andyouf, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does Microsoft Store not recognize secondary hard drives as an install location - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why my secondary hard drive is disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my secondary hard drive is disconnecting: My secondary hard drive is disconnecting in every few seconds i triend to change the power setting and i also chkdsk that showed first "file record ......... segment is unreadable" and then it showed "failed to hotfix unreadable file ........" What can i do now??...
  3. Why my secondary hard drive is disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my secondary hard drive is disconnecting: My secondary hard drive is disconnecting in every few seconds i triend to change the power setting and i also chkdsk that showed first "file record ......... segment is unreadable" and then it showed "failed to hotfix unreadable file ........" What can i do now??...
  4. Windows 10 won't recognize new Secondary Hard Drive and other issues with installing drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't recognize new Secondary Hard Drive and other issues with installing drive...: I just got a replacement 2tb drive to replace one that went bad as my motherboard was having issues and I think it fried the old drive , , I have since replaced the board with a newer version , and just today got the new 3-1/2" drive , I will be using it like my other...
  5. Windows 10 won't recognize new Secondary Hard Drive and other issues with installing drive...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't recognize new Secondary Hard Drive and other issues with installing drive...: I just got a replacement 2tb drive to replace one that went bad as my motherboard was having issues and I think it fried the old drive , , I have since replaced the board with a newer version , and just today got the new 3-1/2" drive , I will be using it like my other...
  6. Windows 10 won't recognize new Secondary Hard Drive and other issues with installing drive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft store not finding secondary hard drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not finding secondary hard drive.: I have a C drive and a D drive. I want to download forza 4 on my D drive but it is not showing the option to pick which one. When it asks me which drive to install it on it only gives me the c drive option.I have change all the locations in settings to d drive. I fell that I...
  8. Installing Microsoft Store apps onto a secondary hard drive which already has data on it

Installing Microsoft Store apps onto a secondary hard drive which already has data on it: Having recently upgraded my PC, I'm looking to use a large hard drive I was already using for games to install new ones from Gamepass etc fresh Windows on my primary ssd though. However, whenever I try to install anything from the Microsoft Store and direct it to that...
  9. Microsoft Store does not recognize hard disk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Store does not recognize hard disk?: Recently the Microsoft Store does not recognize my HDD (D:), my SSD on which Windows is installed (C:) is recognized, Can anyone explain why? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/microsoft-store-erkennt-festplatte-nicht
  10. Microsoft Store does not recognize device to install game

Microsoft Store does not recognize device to install game: I bought a game on the sore and it won't recognize my device to install it. I have: 1. added my device through settings as instructed. It is showing as listed. 2. Updated windows 3. Updated Microsoft Store per instructions 4. restarted my computer It still does not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows does not recognise internal hdd

2. not showing all hdd on microsoft store

3. why microsoft store wont notice other drive

4. microsoftstore does not show drive to pick,
  5. how to show microsoft store games from a second hdd,
  6. windows not detecting apps on secondary drives,
  7. microsoft store does not recognize hard drive,
  8. why windows 10 does not allow installation of apps on other drives,
  9. other drive not showing in microsoft store,
  10. why is one of my harddrives not a selectable location in windows store,
  11. windows store doesnt recognise apps are already installed on second drive,
  12. drive not showing up in microsoft store install,
  13. microsoft store not showing drive choice for installation,
  14. windows store not recognizing drive,
  15. microsoft store will not allow me to choose different hard drives