Windows 10: Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using the Opera GX browser.When I opened the browser, I am getting a notification from my anti-virus software ESET NOD32, that Opera obtained... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wonjae Jang, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

I am using the Opera GX browser.When I opened the browser, I am getting a notification from my anti-virus software ESET NOD32, that Opera obtained access to my webcam.When I dug into this further, I found that it isn't Opera GX, but "Model: Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy, Vendor: Microsoft".Is this normal? It appears to be momentary when I first boot the browser, but I am still suspicious about this.

:)

Wonjae Jang, Jun 2, 2023

2. Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy is related to Microsoft stream. Microsoft Stream is a video service that uses the power of intelligent enterprise video to enable knowledge sharing, easier communication, and connectivity in a secure enterprise environment.
    Microsoft Stream is the successor to Office 365 Video; however, the two services will co-exist during the transition period. Both are built on Azure Media Services and use the same streaming video technology, allowing playback at scale across any device. Where
    Office 365 Video leveraged SharePoint Online for infrastructure and storage, Microsoft Stream is built from the ground up on top of Azure.

You need not to worry on this update as this will not cause any harm to your PC. You can refer this article:

Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy

Hope it helps you,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 2, 2023
  3. Holly1958 Win User
    Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy

I got a message in the notification area of my laptop to restart my laptop to install Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy .
    What is this for and why did I suddenly get it? It wasn't listed with other updates on the update page. Hope I didn't ruin my computer by installing this. But had no choice as had to restart for updates that were being downloaded today.

Holly

Holly1958, Jun 2, 2023
  4. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

What is Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy?

Hi arkan8, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I understand that you want to get information about Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy.

This proxy is related to Microsoft stream, which is the successor to Office 365 Video. Please, navigate to this website to get more information “Office 365 Video transition to Microsoft Stream overview”

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/stream/migrate...

Max Newman, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

1. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?: I am using the Opera GX browser.When I opened the browser, I am getting a notification from my anti-virus software ESET NOD32, that Opera obtained access to my webcam.When I dug into this further, I found that it isn't Opera GX, but "Model: Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy,...
  3. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?: I am using the Opera GX browser.When I opened the browser, I am getting a notification from my anti-virus software ESET NOD32, that Opera obtained access to my webcam.When I dug into this further, I found that it isn't Opera GX, but "Model: Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy,...
  4. Why does Microsoft block my streaming services?

Why does Microsoft block my streaming services?: Hello,As the saying goes, once is an accident, twice is suspicious, and the third time it's intentional. I'm a paying subscriber to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney Plus within the same household; there's no password sharing, and my passwords are very complex. The streaming...
  5. Why does Microsoft block my streaming services?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft block my streaming services?: Hello,As the saying goes, once is an accident, twice is suspicious, and the third time it's intentional. I'm a paying subscriber to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney Plus within the same household; there's no password sharing, and my passwords are very complex. The streaming...
  6. Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy: Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy loads for my 4k camera on win10 start but about 30 min later it gets disconnected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-streaming-quality-manager-proxy/2277312c-5366-45f5-a01c-c671ae3461ea
  7. Lenovo vantage Service wants to access my webcam?

Lenovo vantage Service wants to access my webcam?: Hi guys I have a new Lenovo laptop since a few days and everything works great. But my Kaspersky keeps showing me that Lenovo vantage service wants to access the webcam - why? Oh yes, I had the same with Microsoft teams but that was unique. Lenovo vantage Service will auf...
  8. What is Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy?: Yesterday I noted a message in the notification area that I should restart my laptop to install Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy. Could you please explain what this thing is and why I have to install it?...
  9. Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy: I got a message in the notification area of my laptop to restart my laptop to install Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy . What is this for and why did I suddenly get it? It wasn't listed with other updates on the update page. Hope I didn't ruin my computer by installing this....
  10. Why does Microsoft apps & services want access to my Google account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Microsoft apps & services want access to my Google account?: Why does Microsoft apps & services want access to my Google account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-apps-services-want-access-to-my/73e267c7-a086-47cf-a2a9-9cf8f98c0790"