Windows 10: Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,...

Discus and support Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my 'Desktop' and 'Documents' folder so badly, against my will?! They even go so far as to act like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesAndersonJr, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,...

Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my 'Desktop' and 'Documents' folder so badly, against my will?!

They even go so far as to act like something is wrong with my PC if I don't see screenshot!

I'm really, really tired of Microsoft forcing their scarcely used products on their current Windows customers, especially MS Edge,

and OneDrive. This is NOT the proper way to grow a user-base!!! In fact, it's considered aggressive, and frankly, annoying the **** out of me!!

Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,... 3f73c1b5-3ebb-4d5a-b05f-89f1332db048?upload=true.png

:)

JamesAndersonJr, Oct 13, 2020
  2. CraigLong Win User

How to use Onedrive to backup Documents, Downloads, and Desktop folders.

Hi ArielBalter,

This is the correct way to backup your Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders to OneDrive and also to be able to access the files within them from their original locations:

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...onedrive-d61a7930-a6fb-4b95-b28a-6552e77c3057

I hope that helps.

CraigLong, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 13, 2020
  4. CraigLong Win User

Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,...

Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive

I use OneDrive with the Microsoft 365 Family plan to back up my folders so perhaps I'm not the person to help here.

If I try to uncheck the Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders I get a notification telling me to first go to the Backup tab and stop the backup and then perhaps I will be able to uncheck folders after stopping the backup.

CraigLong, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,...

1. Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,... - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does OneDrive call my Documents folder Dokumenty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does OneDrive call my Documents folder Dokumenty?: Hi all,New laptop, OS language is English. Just started a OneDrive backup, and the "Documents" library was changed to "Dokumenty". Any idea why? other libraries' names didn't change.Can I manually change it back to Documents?Thanks!...
  3. Why does OneDrive call my Documents folder Dokumenty?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does OneDrive call my Documents folder Dokumenty?: Hi all,New laptop, OS language is English. Just started a OneDrive backup, and the "Documents" library was changed to "Dokumenty". Any idea why? other libraries' names didn't change.Can I manually change it back to Documents?Thanks!...
  4. The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...: I was recently trying to clear some space on my work laptop. I realized I wasn't really using the OneDrive folders on my sidebar so without really understanding what I was doing I unsynced it. It didn't really clear any space I didn't expect it to since as far as I knew, I...
  5. The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...: I was recently trying to clear some space on my work laptop. I realized I wasn't really using the OneDrive folders on my sidebar so without really understanding what I was doing I unsynced it. It didn't really clear any space I didn't expect it to since as far as I knew, I...
  6. The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...

7. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  8. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  9. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

10. How to use Onedrive to backup Documents, Downloads, and Desktop folders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use Onedrive to backup Documents, Downloads, and Desktop folders.: I'm setting up a new PC. I did the following thinking it would be syncing my Documents and other folders to OneDrive. 1) right-click on Documents 2) select Properties 3) select Location 4) choose Move 5) choose OneDrive\Documents 6) say Yes to move files Now now the...