Windows 10: Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,...

Discus and support Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my 'Desktop' and 'Documents' folder so badly, against my will?! They even go so far as to act like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesAndersonJr, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,...

Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my 'Desktop' and 'Documents' folder so badly, against my will?!

They even go so far as to act like something is wrong with my PC if I don't see screenshot!

I'm really, really tired of Microsoft forcing their scarcely used products on their current Windows customers, especially MS Edge,

and OneDrive. This is NOT the proper way to grow a user-base!!! In fact, it's considered aggressive, and frankly, annoying the **** out of me!!

Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,... 3f73c1b5-3ebb-4d5a-b05f-89f1332db048?upload=true.png

:)

JamesAndersonJr, Oct 13, 2020
  2. CraigLong Win User

How to use Onedrive to backup Documents, Downloads, and Desktop folders.

Hi ArielBalter,

This is the correct way to backup your Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders to OneDrive and also to be able to access the files within them from their original locations:

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...onedrive-d61a7930-a6fb-4b95-b28a-6552e77c3057

I hope that helps.

CraigLong, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 13, 2020
  4. CraigLong Win User

Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,...

Stop Desktop Backup to OneDrive

I use OneDrive with the Microsoft 365 Family plan to back up my folders so perhaps I'm not the person to help here.

If I try to uncheck the Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders I get a notification telling me to first go to the Backup tab and stop the backup and then perhaps I will be able to uncheck folders after stopping the backup.

CraigLong, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,...

1. Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,... - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Can I somehow let onedrive to backup only my documents so the pictures, desktop and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I somehow let onedrive to backup only my documents so the pictures, desktop and...: I've been having bad experiences with onedrive today, it took all my files and almost got permanently deleted but thank god I was able to recover it. the problem is im trying to backup only my documents folder and nothing else, seing my desktop and everything else sync is...
  3. Why Microsoft Support team is so Bad?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why Microsoft Support team is so Bad?: Hi, I wont go much in detail but can anyone tell me if there is a better way of contacting Microsoft? About 2 weeks ago i had a problem with my Windows 10 laptop and when i reached out to Microsoft support all i got is even more problems without fixing the one i had...
  4. Why does Onedrive hold my entire Desktop? and why when I uninstall Onedrive does my desktop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Onedrive hold my entire Desktop? and why when I uninstall Onedrive does my desktop...: I am sickened by the fact that all of my info is on one drive and if i unsync or unlink my pc my entire desktop still shows up in the Onedrive path! I do not want it in the Onedrive path. I used to go C:\Users\user\Desktop ...now i have to go to...
  5. why is this company so bad?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    why is this company so bad?: why? seriously, why? Nothing related to microsoft at all works ever not once. I am in the store fighting to buy and download a game wont work I am in account settings fighting to change settings wont work I see talk to virtual agent, another thing that does not work THIS...
  6. How to use Onedrive to backup Documents, Downloads, and Desktop folders.

How to use Onedrive to backup Documents, Downloads, and Desktop folders.: I'm setting up a new PC. I did the following thinking it would be syncing my Documents and other folders to OneDrive. 1) right-click on Documents 2) select Properties 3) select Location 4) choose Move 5) choose OneDrive\Documents 6) say Yes to move files Now now the...
  7. OneDrive Backup caused Documents folder to disappear

OneDrive Backup caused Documents folder to disappear: I used OneDrive backup to start backing up my Desktop, Documents and Pictures. The Desktop and Pictures now appear on OneDrive and on my home system as expected. My Documents folder has disappeared completely from both OneDrive and my home system. After researching for...
  8. Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?

Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?: Why are This PC folders like Documents or Pictures located in users/OneDrive folder as default location ? When I open the Documents folder properties, the target location is stored in users/.../OneDrive/Documents. Thank you [ATTACH]...
  9. Using OneDrive to backup Documents

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using OneDrive to backup Documents: For backing up of normal documents, i am trying to use the backup feature of OneDrive. Right clicking on the OneDrive folder, click on the Backup Tab, then click on 'Manage Backup'. A dialog box appears saying that "it cannot backup my 'Documents' folder due to my .pst file...
  10. Why is Windows so bad

Why is Windows so bad: Dear Microsoft, I am a Windows user since Windows 98, hell I even had 2 Windows Phones. But since yesterday after I reinstalled Windows 10 and I am still facing the exact same issues, I am ready to say good bye to it. Windows 10 is an operating system that fails to do...