Windows 10: Why does Microsoft Windows 10 give incomplete search results?

Discus and support Why does Microsoft Windows 10 give incomplete search results? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I gave over 180 "dummies" PDF book files, why does Microsoft Windows 10 only give partial results? When moving book files around, beginning to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by daveeeeeeeeeeee, May 28, 2019.

1. Why does Microsoft Windows 10 give incomplete search results?

If I gave over 180 "dummies" PDF book files, why does Microsoft Windows 10 only give partial results? When moving book files around, beginning to see where half the files do not show up in my searches. Having the software "Everything" I am able to get everything.

How do I cause Windows 10 to give all files from a search instead of just partial hits?

So why are we getting these super hi speed editions of windows when it does such a terrible job at the basics?

Thanks

Dave

:)

daveeeeeeeeeeee, May 28, 2019

2. searching error "search results may be incomplete"

Hello Yitzchok,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Search window giving error "Search results may be incomplete" in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I would suggest you to run
    Search and indexing troubleshooter and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open Registry Editor.
    • Go to the following Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Create a new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1. If you already have this value, then just modify its value data from 0 to 1.
    • Sign out and log in back to your Windows account. Alternatively, you can just restart the Explorer shell.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Please reply with the results, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 28, 2019
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, May 28, 2019
  4. Why does Microsoft Windows 10 give incomplete search results?

Search Results

In Windows 10, when I search my pictures, Search results are shown as thumbnails ( results are also incomplete, some pictures are not shown ). Can I change this so a List is shown instead?

worriedof Birmingham., May 28, 2019
Thema:

Why does Microsoft Windows 10 give incomplete search results?

1. Why does Microsoft Windows 10 give incomplete search results? - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Searching folders doesn't give expected results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching folders doesn't give expected results: So I tried searching my folders for script but I did not find results despite files containing script in the name existing https://pasteboard.co/dVI7XHZOoh0F.pnghttps://pasteboard.co/08YS4QXVDqQA.pngp.s. pasting images here is not working....
  3. Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results: When Searching with Windows Search, It does not show some apps when I search for them. I used Sublime Text as an example. It also does not allow me to web search.View Example Here...
  4. Windows Search incomplete

Windows Search incomplete: When I search for a word or phrase in my documents in Windows 10, I rarely receive more than 15 or so documents that include that word. when it is included in possibly 60 - 70 or more Why is Windows 10 search so incomplete? Can I do anything to widen the search? I've used...
  5. It’s not just you, Windows 10 Search is giving blank results

in Windows 10 News
    It’s not just you, Windows 10 Search is giving blank results: Microsoft’s efforts to integrate its cloud services on Windows 10 has just backfired for the company. Windows 10’s Search feature has been hit with what appears to be some pretty widespread issues. Windows Search is currently returning blank results if you search for apps,...
  6. Please fix Explorer incomplete search results

Please fix Explorer incomplete search results: This is a request towards Microsoft to please finally fix the incomplete search results in file explorer. I just spend a lot of time again trying to find a file that I could've found in 3 seconds, if only search was actually showing all files and folders within the selected...
  7. Cortana search, these results may be incomplete

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search, these results may be incomplete: So I noticed cortana search is often showing a text at the top saying these results may be incomplete please try in a few minutes. But it never goes away. It didn't used to do this. I reckon only in last week or so. There have been no significant changes. I checked indexing...
  8. Win10 search: “These results may be incomplete”, won't find files

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 search: “These results may be incomplete”, won't find files: Hello. Windows 10 bugs are driving me insane, I hope some of you can help me. I'm using a 3 months old hp Spectre x360 (early 2016 model) which came preinstalled with Windows 10. It currently has the Anniversary Edition installed. When I try to search based on the files...
  9. Broken search, possibly language related? Cortana incomplete results.

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken search, possibly language related? Cortana incomplete results.: Little help required, because I feel like i've done my fair share of searching what I thought I could fix origianlly.... My search is broken, saying the results may be incomplete, cortana isnt particularly helpful! I've tried rebuilding the index, taking ownership of files...
  10. W10 Search Broken - These results may be incomplete

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Search Broken - These results may be incomplete: Hi. I recently performed a clean upgrade from a clean 8.1 Install of Windows Pro. It's connected to a domain and uses Folder Redirection. The search function finds NO programs or start menu shortcuts, desktop etc. When I click the start and start typing, a few...