Windows 10: Why Does Microsoft WIndows Is Free

Discus and support Why Does Microsoft WIndows Is Free in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to Know why does Windows is free now and How they earn Money Before i Download Windows By Paying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Naqash Afzal, May 2, 2021.

1. Why Does Microsoft WIndows Is Free

I want to Know why does Windows is free now and How they earn Money Before i Download Windows By Paying

:)

Naqash Afzal, May 2, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 2, 2021
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Why Does Microsoft WIndows Is Free [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, May 2, 2021
  4. Why Does Microsoft WIndows Is Free

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Why Does Microsoft WIndows Is Free

1. Why Does Microsoft WIndows Is Free - Similar Threads - Why Does Microsoft

2. does microsoft provide a toll free number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does microsoft provide a toll free number?: does microsoft provide a toll free number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-provide-a-toll-free-number/75b8e662-8d68-4983-9a01-0315e1250555
  3. does microsoft provide a toll free number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does microsoft provide a toll free number?: does microsoft provide a toll free number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-provide-a-toll-free-number/75b8e662-8d68-4983-9a01-0315e1250555
  4. Why does the Free Current Windows Scan App from the Microsoft Store for Windows not feature...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why does the Free Current Windows Scan App from the Microsoft Store for Windows not feature...: I have been using Windows 10 Pro since 2018 and I file monthly medical claims for reimbursement. In 2018, I downloaded the Windows Scan App from the Microsoft Store and it featured JPEG, PNG, TIFF, Bitmap AND PDF which I have been quite happy using all these years. Whenever I...
  5. Why does the Free Current Windows Scan App from the Microsoft Store for Windows not feature...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Free Current Windows Scan App from the Microsoft Store for Windows not feature...: I have been using Windows 10 Pro since 2018 and I file monthly medical claims for reimbursement. In 2018, I downloaded the Windows Scan App from the Microsoft Store and it featured JPEG, PNG, TIFF, Bitmap AND PDF which I have been quite happy using all these years. Whenever I...
  6. Why does the Free Current Windows Scan App from the Microsoft Store for Windows not feature...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. If Microsoft Solitaire Collection is free, why does Microsoft want $1.99 per month to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If Microsoft Solitaire Collection is free, why does Microsoft want $1.99 per month to...: If Microsoft Solitaire Collection is free, why does microsoft want $1.99 per month to eliminate ads. Where is their Customer service.? I can only play 2 games then I have to watch 1 minute of ads before next game will launch. Is Microsoft really that greedy that they put...
  8. Why does the free upgrade to Windows 10 still work?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does the free upgrade to Windows 10 still work?: Yesterday I upgraded my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 for free. I used the tool to install Windows 10 available on the Microsoft site. Now my PC has Windows 10 activated with a digital license and everything is working fine. Microsoft support told me that this free upgrade offer...
  9. Why does Microsoft need to charge for ad free solitaire, especially when it constantly...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft need to charge for ad free solitaire, especially when it constantly...: Sorry but solitaire has always been a free thing with windows, but i guess now that all computers for the most part are connected to the internet and everyone else is taking advantage of the ads to play model why not jump on board. Not like you guys are some startup just...
  10. why does microsoft

in Windows 10 Support
    why does microsoft: Why does microsoft hate context menu copy to folder and move to folder? Seems with every major update (upgrade) , I have to reinstall them. I have found them to be the most useful in combining a few file from several directories into another. seems like a feature they could...