Windows 10: Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

Discus and support Why does MS FORCE UPDATES??? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by iHateMSproducts, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies lies. Just did it again and I lost SO much work. Word didnt recover any of my files. I'm done with microcrap products. God such garbage service.Oh and windows apparently forgot my login password and I had to change it Its the same I've used for years I didnt forget it and it was such a pia to do so. Kept going back and forth between to different email address it thinks I use. DISASTER. GOING LINUX AND NEVER BUYING MS **** AGAINLOL one

:)

iHateMSproducts, Feb 25, 2022
  2. Callender Win User

Is MS forcing me to use Edge?

The thing is that addons can interfere with these websites. So the first step is to relaunch Firefox with addons disabled ans if the website works......

Why does MS FORCE UPDATES??? [​IMG]

Figure out which addons interfere and decide if you want to change their settings.

Callender, Feb 25, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why does MS FORCE UPDATES??? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 25, 2022
  4. tordogs Win User

Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

Windows 10 and GFE forcing 353.62 install

The forced updates have been the sticking point about W10 since it came on the scene. When using the preview version we understood that the updates were going to come and there was nothing to be done about it--MS said it would turn that off at release time then backtracked on it. The Insiders bitched and complained and protested but MS seems to have its mind made up on the forced updates.

None of the tools, workarounds do much of anything and are a pain to use. The only solution is to turn off Windows Update Services but that is another can of worms. Will say that the OS sort of "learns" your machine and after a while doesn't force so many updates. If you want to use an older driver, a custom driver then W10 gets very unhappy. Have an idea MS is going to need to address this at some point before very long or a mulitude of folks are going to stay where they are or go back to whence they came re: W10.

W10 does have the Feedback app and suggest everyone go there and keep bitching and complaining about the forced updates--hopefully MS will get a clue.

tordogs, Feb 25, 2022
Thema:

Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

1. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES??? - Similar Threads - Why does FORCE

2. Why does windows 10 force updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does windows 10 force updates?: It’s such a stupid feature. It was okay before for me when my laptop actually told me in advance that there was an update, now there’s no warning at all, I turn on my laptop one day and it starts ‘configuring windows’ so it’s obviously just updated, shut itself down, and I...
  3. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???: I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies lies. Just did it again and I lost SO much work. Word didnt recover any of my files. I'm done with microcrap products. God...
  4. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???: I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies lies. Just did it again and I lost SO much work. Word didnt recover any of my files. I'm done with microcrap products. God...
  5. Why does MS want to **** it's customers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does MS want to **** it's customers?: again and again. I'm just trying to get some work done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-ms-want-to-its-customers/e06fbccf-c51b-4b04-81ff-b9b008996305
  6. MS Forcing an update and reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Forcing an update and reboot: I had Updates turned off on my system and tonight an update seemed to be forced and my system rebooted. after restarting all the data on my storage/work drive is gone! I have been working on a project for 3 week's and was being sent to Antarctica for research. Even the...
  7. WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????

WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????: This system of updates with Windows 10 SUCKS. First, you don't give users any credit to choose to update on their own, and they take forEVER. This morning after updating, my laptop no longer recognizes my 24" monitor. Installing and reinstalling doesn't work, nor does...
  8. Does this code prevent MS Windows 10 from updating my PC by force?

Does this code prevent MS Windows 10 from updating my PC by force?: Does this code prevent MS from updating my PC by force? net stop wuauserv net stop UsoSvc net stop WaaSMedicSvc Thank you in advance!...
  9. Why the <bleep> is MS forcing me to use a PIN?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why the <bleep> is MS forcing me to use a PIN?: I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on a new (to me) laptop. It forced me to choose a PIN during installation, and absolutely would not let me cancel PIN creation, though I tried many times. So I thought, OK, I'll just set up the stupid PIN and delete it after installation. I...
  10. MS forced updates with autoupdates disabled or what?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS forced updates with autoupdates disabled or what?: I have autoupdates is disabled in Services. I only update every month or so. I’m using a an audio recording program, Sonar Platinum. In our forum 4 weeks ago, it appears that MS did some forced updates to everyone’s computer even if autoupdates were disabled. 4 weeks...