Windows 10: Why does MS request a Non-Existant PIN to set up Outlook? (Win10 Pro)

Discus and support Why does MS request a Non-Existant PIN to set up Outlook? (Win10 Pro) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Why does MS request a PIN, when I do not have one, and do not want one. I'm trying to set up a replacement PC, and to open a (mine) Outlook account,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Scallywag355, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Why does MS request a Non-Existant PIN to set up Outlook? (Win10 Pro)

Why does MS request a PIN, when I do not have one, and do not want one.
    I'm trying to set up a replacement PC, and to open a (mine) Outlook account, yet it demands my PIN.
    As stated i do not have one, I do not want one, so at what point did I become an employee of Microsoft for it to insist I have one
    Before I explode can someone please explain my options (bearing in mind I still do not want nor as far as I am concerned need a PIN)
    Many thanks

:)

Scallywag355, Feb 11, 2020

2. Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

Okay. I have followred th instuctions to the ltter and am now trstngn to see if it wporked.

Sorry to say that it did not.

Charles.Haacker, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Why does MS request a Non-Existant PIN to set up Outlook? (Win10 Pro)

OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Why does MS request a Non-Existant PIN to set up Outlook? (Win10 Pro)

1. Why does MS request a Non-Existant PIN to set up Outlook? (Win10 Pro) - Similar Threads - Why does request

2. windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist: I am currently trying to enable nearby sharing on my pc, and in order to enable it I need to enter a verification pin for a user that does not exist on my PC. It did previously, but I removed the account as it was not needed and I do not remember the initial pin or any...
  3. windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist: I am currently trying to enable nearby sharing on my pc, and in order to enable it I need to enter a verification pin for a user that does not exist on my PC. It did previously, but I removed the account as it was not needed and I do not remember the initial pin or any...
  4. does ms fixit exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does ms fixit exist: Does ms fixit exist, I am trying to troubleshoot Windows Media Player to fix problem with some tracks recorded from cd's not playing because they are the wrong codeces ? or something....
  5. does ms fixit exist

does ms fixit exist: Does ms fixit exist, I am trying to troubleshoot Windows Media Player to fix problem with some tracks recorded from cd's not playing because they are the wrong codeces ? or something....
  6. How can ***non-existent*** Outlook account settings be out of date?

How can ***non-existent*** Outlook account settings be out of date?: I don't use Outlook, and I don't have any accounts associated with Outlook that I know of. My only mail accounts are hosted on my own domains, and I get their mail using POP3 in Thunderbird Portable, which doesn't even interact with the Windows registry. The only calendar I...
  7. Why is Outlook storing files on a non-existent directory?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Why is Outlook storing files on a non-existent directory?: Windows 10, Version 10, Build 18362.418, Outlook 2013 (Part of office 2103) . I have a pst file stored at C:\Users\Julian\Documents\Outlook Files\L: [email protected] I have a Storage drive where my backups are stored. I also keep a complete image of from my last PC that...
  8. MS Outlook 2007 set up mistake

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Outlook 2007 set up mistake: I'm hoping there is someone here with experience with MS outlook email. I use Microsoft Office 2007 outlook for my mail and made an error setting up account, when I input out going mail I put "L: [email protected]" instead of "mail.plus.net". When I try to login to my mail I...
  9. How to disable requests to set up a PIN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable requests to set up a PIN?: How do I stop the repeated requests for me to establish a PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-disable-requests-to-set-up-a-pin/33e13579-d5be-4f57-90d6-e5653ec60a84
  10. Why does windows think it's installed on a non-existent directory?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does windows think it's installed on a non-existent directory?: I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. (upgraded from windows 7 ultimate 64 bit) I was annoyed that it chose a username that I didn't like so I updated the registry & so forth to change it and it worked fine... the only thing that was goofy after is that the start menu and...