Windows 10: Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?

Discus and support Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is an example:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Default_959, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?

This is an example: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/arizona-republicans-advance-bill-legalizing-killing-migrants-on-suspicion-of-trespassing/ar-BB1j0cdR

:)

Default_959, Feb 27, 2024

2. How is the following comment containing profanity allowed on MSN comments ?!

Nothing to do with this Community and we don't work for Microsoft.

We come here to help other Windows users with Hardware and s\Software problems with their Computers, etc.

I suggest that you read through this about where to give Feedback for your problem:

Redirecting

Bill Smithers, Feb 27, 2024
  3. MSN- Code of Conduct Moderation of News Stories Comments

Comments can be flagged by another user as violating the Community Guidelines, subsequently removed without any appeal process. Bullying and harassment is rampant on this forum. There is no reason to post any comments there.

* Original title: Code of Coduct Moderation of News Stories Comments

John Yossarian, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Mari Tay Win User

Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?

MSN comments guidelines

This problem seems to affect many. If I click on a story, Microsoft (MSN) provides a place to make comments and receive comments. There are community guidelines and comments deemed offensive or that do not meet the guidelines get blocked. I'm looking for a way to show them some comments that got blocked. I've looked all over. It is probably a flawed algorithm doing the checking but might be a flawed person. I have many examples. Today a person that calls herself "CathyIsFedUP" posted a comment I thought had some incorrect information. I politely disputed the 3-4 items on her list. She politely replied back that after checking she was wrong on one point. She originally claimed Michelle Obama stole stuff from the White House. In her reply she said it was actually Hilliary Clinton that stole things when Bill Clinton was leaving office. I tried to reply back -

"That makes more sense. I never cared for the politics of the Clintons or Obama, but I felt the Obamas at the personal level were more honorable"

That (my) comment was blocked for not meeting community guidelines.

Maybe I'm nuts. Does anybody else think my comment is offensive? Cathy and I had about the friendliest exchange between people in an article related to politics. There is a big issue in our country about big tech companies stifling free speech. I'd hate to see Microsoft get dragged into it for blocking comments like this. On the plus side, most on the right think Microsoft and MSN is a mouthpiece for the left. Blocking me saying something nice about Obama might help you prove them wrong! ������

Again, this is probably the wrong place for this question, but I dare any of you to try contacting Microsoft or MSN about anything to do with their posting guidelines thru the pages and links they provide. You just go around in dead end circles.

Mari Tay, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?

1. Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories? - Similar Threads - Why does MSN

2. Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does MSN block it's readers from commenting on some news stories?: This is an example: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/arizona-republicans-advance-bill-legalizing-killing-migrants-on-suspicion-of-trespassing/ar-BB1j0cdR...
  3. MSN news comments, information accuracy of comments

MSN news comments, information accuracy of comments: Hi, first I need to apologize for for submitting this here, because this is more of a feedback/request rather than a question, i don't know where exactly to post my feedback so I posted this here, I would appreciate it if someone could forward this suggestion to the feedback...
  4. MSN news comments, information accuracy of comments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN news comments, information accuracy of comments: Hi, first I need to apologize for for submitting this here, because this is more of a feedback/request rather than a question, i don't know where exactly to post my feedback so I posted this here, I would appreciate it if someone could forward this suggestion to the feedback...
  5. Why is it that when I click on a news item on "MSN" the full story is not there?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it that when I click on a news item on "MSN" the full story is not there?: This happens to me all the time. I move my mouse over the news icon on the task bar and then click a story and there is no story!Why in the world do you not have a link when you say, "Here is the full story." but there is no link....
  6. Why is it that when I click on a news item on "MSN" the full story is not there?

Why is it that when I click on a news item on "MSN" the full story is not there?: This happens to me all the time. I move my mouse over the news icon on the task bar and then click a story and there is no story!Why in the world do you not have a link when you say, "Here is the full story." but there is no link....
  7. Problem with comments on MSN news.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with comments on MSN news.: I tried to put a possibly helpful post in the comments on an MSN new article about spam emails, but it was rejected as it didn't meet 'Community Guidelines. Please would someone tell me what about this text fails the test?...
  8. Problem with comments on MSN news.

Problem with comments on MSN news.: I tried to put a possibly helpful post in the comments on an MSN new article about spam emails, but it was rejected as it didn't meet 'Community Guidelines. Please would someone tell me what about this text fails the test?...
  9. MSN News comment reactions count

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN News comment reactions count: What is included in the count of Reactions on the user profile? The number keeps tracking upwards while the activity page does not reflect where those reactions came from. What counts as a reaction, then? If a commenter responds to an original post, are they also garnering...
  10. MSN News comment reactions count

MSN News comment reactions count: What is included in the count of Reactions on the user profile? The number keeps tracking upwards while the activity page does not reflect where those reactions came from. What counts as a reaction, then? If a commenter responds to an original post, are they also garnering...