Windows 10: Why does my 360 Total Security get stuck on a path and takes forever to finish?

Discus and support Why does my 360 Total Security get stuck on a path and takes forever to finish? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I run my 360 Total Security each evening after having been online - when I run a virus scan, it gets stuck on a particular path which I'll post. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JonathanGiudice, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Why does my 360 Total Security get stuck on a path and takes forever to finish?

I run my 360 Total Security each evening after having been online - when I run a virus scan, it gets stuck on a particular path which I'll post. Since I am NO I.T. person, I'm hoping someone can explain why this is happening, what, if anything can I do about it? It sometimes takes 45 minutes, which is entirely too long - something is not right! Thanks in advance for your help.

The path is: C:/Windows/System32/rundll32.exe - yes, I know that my slashes are incorrect, but you get the idea. : Thanks again!

:)

JonathanGiudice, Jul 5, 2020

2. Why does my 360 Total Security get stuck on a path and takes forever to finish? +

I run my 360 Total Security each evening after having been online - when I run a virus scan, it gets stuck on a particular path which I'll post. Since I am NO I.T. person, I'm hoping someone can explain why this is happening, what, if anything can I do about
    it? It sometimes takes 45 minutes, which is entirely too long - something is not right! Thanks in advance for your help.

The path is: C:/Windows/System32/rundll32.exe - yes, I know that my slashes are incorrect, but you get the idea. Why does my 360 Total Security get stuck on a path and takes forever to finish? :) Thanks again!

JonathanGiudice, Aug 5, 2020
  3. [CarlS] Win User
    Why does my 360 Total Security get stuck on a path and takes forever to finish? +

Hi JonathanGiudice,

My name is Carl and I am an independent Windows 10 advisor.

Scans can take a long time depending on the size of what they are scanning. To do a full system scan of around 1TB or more it can take a while which is why they're, typically, triggered when the computer is idle

It's probably more of a question for Total Security than Windows I'm afraid. I don't see anything you can do in Windows which would affect this. RunDLL32 is a recognized tool. I'd talk to Total Security to see if there is a program update that will fix this.

Kind regards,

Carl.

[CarlS], Aug 5, 2020
  4. [CarlS] Win User

Why does my 360 Total Security get stuck on a path and takes forever to finish?

Why does my 360 Total Security get stuck on a path and takes forever to finish? +

Hi JonathanGludice,

My pleasure. If Total Security come back with any suggestions on the Windows side then please feel free to raise the question here and we'll do our best to help.

Have a great Sunday.

Kind regards,

Carl.

[CarlS], Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Why does my 360 Total Security get stuck on a path and takes forever to finish?

1. Why does my 360 Total Security get stuck on a path and takes forever to finish? - Similar Threads - Why does 360

2. MICROSOFT Why does it take FOREVER to download Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT Why does it take FOREVER to download Windows 10?: I'm trying to create a windows 10 usb flash stick to use to install windows 10 but the process in downloading is taking forever, someone within Microsoft needs to see for themselves and fix this matter...
  3. Why is is taking forever for my downloads to be saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is is taking forever for my downloads to be saved?: Hello,I am having an issue after updating my browser to where when I save my downloads it just sits there. It still is in the middle of downloading.I've restarted my computer and nothing works....
  4. Why is is taking forever for my downloads to be saved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is is taking forever for my downloads to be saved?: Hello,I am having an issue after updating my browser to where when I save my downloads it just sits there. It still is in the middle of downloading.I've restarted my computer and nothing works....
  5. Deleting 360 Total Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting 360 Total Security: Hi Community, I have seen quite a few 'can't delete 360 total security'. You cannot delete a running program. Remedy: Start -> Control Panel -> Administration -> Admin Tools -> Services, or Type "Services" into Cortana and press Enter. Search for 360 Total Security....
  6. Why does Windows 10 take FOREVER to connect to my router?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows 10 take FOREVER to connect to my router?: So I have an ASUS laptop and an ASUS AC-1750 router. Generally, I love ASUS products. But for some reason, Windows 10 takes FOREVER to connect to the router. It's such a pain that I often end up swearing at windows when it goes to sleep or hibernates because it takes anywhere...
  7. 360 total security issue?

360 total security issue?: Hi, I recently find out the newest version of 360 total security delete the newest version of windows 10 update to a security breach.I recommand uninstall the 360 total security and redownload the newest update of windows 10.360 total security have delete microsoft...
  8. 360 total security been treaten?

360 total security been treaten?: Hi, I recently find out the newest version of 360 total security delete the newest version of windows 10 update to a security breach.Its seem like the company get treaten by china government to do that.I recommand uninstall the 360 total security and redownload the newest...
  9. Thoughts on 360 Total Security

Thoughts on 360 Total Security: I am not familiar with this software at all, so I wanted to see what the community thought about it. I see they have an all-in-one as well as an AV-only product. I'm always on the lookout for useful (free) utilities for all the family and friend computers I end up supporting....
  10. Why does Disk Clean-up take forever?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does Disk Clean-up take forever?: Windows 10.10240 on a 40 GB HDD partition - required to make another 7 GB for upgrade to 10.10586. Deleted a few GB of ISO downloads and then ran Disk Clean-up for about 400MB. So far it has taken about twice as long to do the clean up as it will to complete the upgrade,...