Windows 10: Why does my account shows me using a local account, but apparently I'm not using a local...

Discus and support Why does my account shows me using a local account, but apparently I'm not using a local... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; [Windows 11]Hi,My computer somehow reset and all my apps and files are gone its fine, its all uploaded on onedrive though I panicked at first..., but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jayden Chow, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Why does my account shows me using a local account, but apparently I'm not using a local...

[Windows 11]Hi,My computer somehow reset and all my apps and files are gone its fine, its all uploaded on onedrive though I panicked at first..., but some apps like microsoft store and sticky notes can't be downloaded i tried to pin them to taskbar but it showed the app unavailable. Using troubleshooter, it turns out I apparently signed in using a local account. Additionally, it can be noted that I could use sticky notes before opening from start/search, then after a while when I tried to pin it to taskbar it wouldn't work and showed a download bar under the app and also grayed showing i

:)

Jayden Chow, Nov 28, 2022

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Why does my account shows me using a local account, but apparently I'm not using a local... :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Why does my account shows me using a local account, but apparently I'm not using a local...

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Why does my account shows me using a local account, but apparently I'm not using a local...

1. Why does my account shows me using a local account, but apparently I'm not using a local... - Similar Threads - Why does account

2. Why does my account shows me using a local account, but apparently I'm not using a local...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my account shows me using a local account, but apparently I'm not using a local...: [Windows 11]Hi,My computer somehow reset and all my apps and files are gone its fine, its all uploaded on onedrive though I panicked at first..., but some apps like microsoft store and sticky notes can't be downloaded i tried to pin them to taskbar but it showed the app...
  3. Wanting to use a local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wanting to use a local account: I have windows 10 and want to switch to using a local account, but when I bring up my account info, the saying "Switch to a local account" is no where to be found. It shows up on my other computers, just not this one. Any thoughts why it isn't there and what can I do to...
  4. use local account instead

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    use local account instead: I recently signed in to my microsoft accunt on my notebook, and now I'm forced to login using my microsoft account which i don't want to. So I tried to changing settings in user accounts to permit me login with my local account instead, but whenever i get to the ''current...
  5. Enable Local Account using Local Users and Groups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable Local Account using Local Users and Groups: I've typed lusrmgr.msc into Run, Right click on the name (ex: "user1") I want to disable, and click on Properties. And in the General tab, uncheck the Account is disabled box, and click/tap on OK. But when I click on its properties, the checkbox is check again. No matter how...
  6. Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlock Local Account using Local Users and Groups: I've typed lusrmgr.msc into Run, Right click on the name (ex: "user1") I want to disable, and click on Properties. And in the General tab, uncheck the Account is disabled box, and click/tap on OK. But when I click on its properties, the checkbox is check again. No matter how...
  7. Connect my MS account or use Local account..?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect my MS account or use Local account..?: Another compelling reason to use an MS account is that your digital licence gets linked to your hardware id, making it easier to reactivate in even pc fails to activate due to a hardware change/issue.
  8. Using Local and MS accounts

Using Local and MS accounts: I have a computer using a local account. I use the Microsoft account separately to login to apps etc. When using another app I want to login with, I would get the account popup and can select my MS acct. How can I prevent that from accidentally being used in another app, I...
  9. Using MS account on a local account for games..

Using MS account on a local account for games..: I have a laptop and there are two users created......one (A) with admin status and a MS account. The other is (B) with a local account credentials. B has no MS account. Can I install games from Windows store on B's login account using my MS account? ...and perhaps some...
  10. Use Local account with Windows Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Local account with Windows Store: How to: Use Local account with Windows Store How to Use Store without Switching to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 [img] Information The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through,...