Windows 10: Why does my activated versions of Microsoft Windows 10 Home claim it i'snt activated?

Discus and support Why does my activated versions of Microsoft Windows 10 Home claim it i'snt activated? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am a Windows 10 Insider but I am not able to update... even though I am continued to be badgered to update Windows won't fricking let me. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kyle Brandtjen, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Why does my activated versions of Microsoft Windows 10 Home claim it i'snt activated?

I am a Windows 10 Insider but I am not able to update... even though I am continued to be badgered to update Windows won't fricking let me.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? My Windows build is 18282.rs_prerelease.181109-1613... I don't know if that matters or not.

:)

Kyle Brandtjen, Jan 31, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jan 31, 2019
  3. qubit Win User

This is exactly what I'm seeing and am still investigating. I don't want to get your hopes up though, as I think you're out of luck, unfortunately. I might be too, but I'm in with a chance and here is why.

I installed my Insider copy right at the start of the program on VMWare Player where it activated with my Live account. It also upgraded to the RTM copy when it was released and is activated. So far so good.

I then downloaded the ISO using Microsoft's tool and installed a clean copy on my laptop, again logging in with my Live account, but it won't activate, just like you've seen. Reason given is that the key is blocked. However, what I'm now gonna do is image that VM onto the laptop's HDD and see if that works. It may remain activated (doubtful), require a phone activation or simply not activate at all. Let's hope it activates.

BTW, I never opted out of the insider program and am still on the Fast updates, so my OS version is currently showing as 10.0.10532, which is later than the 10.0.10240 RTM build - it did a full OS install for it.

Finally, even though you can't activate yours, you can still do the upgrade thing from W7 or W8/8.1 so you're not actually stuck, you just don't get the Insider version.

qubit, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Why does my activated versions of Microsoft Windows 10 Home claim it i'snt activated?

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Why does my activated versions of Microsoft Windows 10 Home claim it i'snt activated?

1. Why does my activated versions of Microsoft Windows 10 Home claim it i'snt activated? - Similar Threads - Why does activated

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade does not activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade does not activate: I upgraded my Microsoft Surface Pro 6 from Windows 10 Home to Pro through the Micrsoft Store and now it will not activate.It is indicating that it has now installed Windows Enterprise.My invoice clearly states that I bought "Windows 10 Pro"The error code is 0xC004C003 that...
  3. Windows 10 Home activation

Windows 10 Home activation: Hello Concerned, I bought a Laptop Lenovo legion, Technician installed a windows 10 pro crack. I want to activate Windows 10 Home. I bought a license from Microsoft store. When I am trying to change the product key it's not taking it. Saying The product key you entered...
  4. windows 10 home activation

windows 10 home activation: Hi all, i installed windows 10 home over windows 7 in my pc.I have windows installation key and product key.I installed it through usb of windows 10 .i used F12 then boot it through UEFI scan disk. it asked product key and used product key but after installation it was...
  5. Windows 10 Home Activation

Windows 10 Home Activation: I keep getting an error 0xc004f025 that sounds like I do not have a valid copy of Windows. I checked my system and it shows Windows 10 Home, Version 1809, installed on 6/11/19. Any ideas?...
  6. Activate Windows 10 Home

Activate Windows 10 Home: My motherboard died on me. I have replaced the motherboard and now I need to activate windows again, but it gives me a error code 0xC004F025 Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-10-home/c61c1bb4-9911-4011-bf35-830ed40450b8"
  7. Windows Activation and Microsoft Service Agent's claim

Windows Activation and Microsoft Service Agent's claim: I have Dell Inspiron with preinstalled windows 10 single language. I upgraded my hardware from HDD to SSD, with USB image of same window first and later once again with Dell OS Recovery Tool. Tried so many things but my windows doesn't activate and show error 0X803FA067...
  8. Why is Windows 10 claiming that I have not activated Windows after upgrading a Home license...

Why is Windows 10 claiming that I have not activated Windows after upgrading a Home license...: Hi, I upgraded my Home license to a Pro license via the Microsoft Store last Friday to get access to its features as a developer, but now the windows activation watermark is showing up on my monitor. When I go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation, it tells me my...
  9. Windows 10 Home unable to activate, why?

Windows 10 Home unable to activate, why?: Ok, So I bought a custom built pc with windows 10 home pre installed. When I got it all set up and running it asked me to activate windows. I scratched off the silver film of the product sticker to reveal the 25 digit key. I’ve put in the key and now I have a message that...
  10. Windows 10 Home activation

Windows 10 Home activation: Recently got an Activate Windows watermark. Went into activation tab and clicked troubleshoot, but it always shows (Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and try again. (0xc0000022)) no matter what network...