Windows 10: Why does my audio keep breaking

Discus and support Why does my audio keep breaking in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There are times where I plug my headphones in and get no audio. I remove it to see if the audio is broken and sometimes, even without my headphones,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matthew Chester, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Why does my audio keep breaking

There are times where I plug my headphones in and get no audio. I remove it to see if the audio is broken and sometimes, even without my headphones, there's no audio. I turn up my volume a lot to make sure I'm not just not hearing it. I have to reset my computer every single time this happens. It's gotten so frequent now. It's practically every 2 days now. What do I do

:)

Matthew Chester, Jun 23, 2024
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Why does my audio keep breaking

Audio breaks down after updating the audio drivers on Windows 10

Hello Thomas,

As you are facing issues with accessing the audio sounds after updating the audio driver, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is this issue confined to accessing sounds from any specific video on your device?

This issue might have occurred due audio driver issues. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Rollback the audio drivers to previous version as the issue persists after updating the driver and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager, expand the audio driver, right click on the driver, select
    Properties. Under Drivers tab click on
    Rollback Driver
    (If enabled)

Step 2: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about sound issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Update us if you are still facing issues with accessing the audio, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Why does my audio keep breaking

1. Why does my audio keep breaking - Similar Threads - Why does audio

2. Why does my audio keep breaking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my audio keep breaking: There are times where I plug my headphones in and get no audio. I remove it to see if the audio is broken and sometimes, even without my headphones, there's no audio. I turn up my volume a lot to make sure I'm not just not hearing it. I have to reset my computer every single...
  3. Why does my audio keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my audio keep crashing?: I have been using my PC for 1.5 years now.Over the past 8 months, I have had this problem where when I start up my PC, no video, audio, audio software or game will load until it actually crashed, no audio is playing, everything loads and I go into the settings to troubleshoot...
  4. Why does my audio keep crashing?

Why does my audio keep crashing?: I have been using my PC for 1.5 years now.Over the past 8 months, I have had this problem where when I start up my PC, no video, audio, audio software or game will load until it actually crashed, no audio is playing, everything loads and I go into the settings to troubleshoot...
  5. Why do my mice keep breaking?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my mice keep breaking?: After about a month or so, the wireless mouse attached to my laptop just starts acting weird. I have gotten 5 mice in a span of 5 months. So I decided to buy a wired mouse. Lo and behold, after 3 days it started showing the same signs of the wheel scrolling erratically,...
  6. Why do my mice keep breaking?

Why do my mice keep breaking?: After about a month or so, the wireless mouse attached to my laptop just starts acting weird. I have gotten 5 mice in a span of 5 months. So I decided to buy a wired mouse. Lo and behold, after 3 days it started showing the same signs of the wheel scrolling erratically,...
  7. why does my audio keep going to zero?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my audio keep going to zero?: My speaker audio keeps going to off position. I move it up in volume and it immediately goes back to zero. there is always an "X" on the speaker when it goes back to zero. I upgraded from Win 8.1 which the problem existed there to windows 10 in hopes that that would help....
  8. my audio keeps breaking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my audio keeps breaking: it might be a hardware issue, but my computer's audio keeps breaking, as if i was just muting all of the sound. it always happens after about 20 minutes? i didnt time it playing roblox. no idea if that is whats causing the issue, but its very strange. when i restart my...
  9. why did you break my audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why did you break my audio: your stupid mandatory update broke my headset and does not allow any sound to come through my speakers any more i would like a full refund to my account or this fixed immediately....
  10. Why does the windows update keep breaking the webcam?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does the windows update keep breaking the webcam?: I really need to use the webcam for online classes so you can imagine how stressful this is. It updated once and broke the camera, so I updated windows again and the camera worked fine again. Then yesterday my brother updated it again and now the camera stopped working...