Windows 10: Why does my bluetooth audio device not work?

Discus and support Why does my bluetooth audio device not work? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello so today I started up my computer and I noticed that my audio wasn't working. I tried turning off and on my headphones and it didn't say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gavin Matthews, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Why does my bluetooth audio device not work?

Hello so today I started up my computer and I noticed that my audio wasn't working. I tried turning off and on my headphones and it didn't say connected. I tried going into services and enabling bluetooth but there was a yellow simble indicating something was wrong. I tried right clicking bluetooth but there was also no option for enable or disable bluetooth. And when I go into bluetooth in settings the on and off switch for it is gone! I really need some help and I'd love if someone could help. Thanks! I've also tried restarting my PC. I hope you can help me fix this!

:)

Gavin Matthews, Sep 26, 2018
  2. pheles22 Win User

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Marvin Barc, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Why does my bluetooth audio device not work?

Bluetooth doesn't work on my computer.

Hello David,

Thank you for updating us. For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth dongle?
    • Have you tried pairing a different device to your Bluetooth dongle?

Furthermore, we recommend performing the suggested troubleshooting steps on this
    article
    to help you resolve connection issues to Bluetooth audio devices.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Why does my bluetooth audio device not work?

1. Why does my bluetooth audio device not work? - Similar Threads - Why does bluetooth

2. Why does my "Device" suddenly not have Bluetooth?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my "Device" suddenly not have Bluetooth?!: I have been having troubles using my bluetooth earbuds, because it simply stating that "Bluetooth is off", and there's no button to click On/Off. I went into "Troubleshooting settings", clicked "Additional Troubleshooters", ran the bluetooth troubleshooter, and it's now...
  3. Why does my laptop not recognize a Bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop not recognize a Bluetooth device?: I bought a Wacom Intuos S Bluetooth tablet, but it only works when connected to a laptop with a cable. When I want to connect with Bluetooth, I can't even see the device recognized in the Bluetooth panel. I wrote to Wacom Support, but they say that the tablet is trying to...
  4. Why does my laptop not recognize a Bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop not recognize a Bluetooth device?: I bought a Wacom Intuos S Bluetooth tablet, but it only works when connected to a laptop with a cable. When I want to connect with Bluetooth, I can't even see the device recognized in the Bluetooth panel. I wrote to Wacom Support, but they say that the tablet is trying to...
  5. Why does my laptop not recognize a Bluetooth device?

6. Why does my Bluetooth Headset not play audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Bluetooth Headset not play audio?: HI, i´ve encountered something probably discussed way to often.So recently i bought myself a Logitech Zone Vibe 100 and aleady had an intel bluetooth/wifi cardPCIe no idea witch one tho AX200 chipMy Headset has been cutting out sometimes not turning off or disconnectin just...
  7. Why does my Bluetooth Headset not play audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Bluetooth Headset not play audio?: HI, i´ve encountered something probably discussed way to often.So recently i bought myself a Logitech Zone Vibe 100 and aleady had an intel bluetooth/wifi cardPCIe no idea witch one tho AX200 chipMy Headset has been cutting out sometimes not turning off or disconnectin just...
  8. Why does my Bluetooth Headset not play audio?

9. Why does my computer connect to Bluetooth as audio?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my computer connect to Bluetooth as audio?: When I want to extend my screen to another laptop, it doesn't appear as discoverable. But when I got to Bluetooth it says that my laptop is paired, but as audio. The Laptop is in the Audio section instead of the Monitor section. Is there a reason behind this and can I extend...
  10. Why wont by Bluetooth audio work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why wont by Bluetooth audio work: So whenever I connect to a Bluetooth device the audio doesn't go through the device it still goes through the speakers on the computer I don't have a problem connecting the device its just the audio doesn't go through to the headphones....