Windows 10: Why does my bluetooth headset microphone never work in windows 10?

Discus and support Why does my bluetooth headset microphone never work in windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried this with many bluetooth headsets, like OnePlus bullet wireless 2, OnePlus buds, and I can't get the microphone to turn on for applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/harold_liang, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Why does my bluetooth headset microphone never work in windows 10?

I tried this with many bluetooth headsets, like OnePlus bullet wireless 2, OnePlus buds, and I can't get the microphone to turn on for applications like discord, google meet, etc. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

submitted by /u/harold_liang
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/harold_liang, Oct 1, 2020
  2. KerooSeta Win User

Bluetooth Headset Microphones Don't work with Windows 10

I cannot get any bluetooth headset microphone to work with Windows 10. I have tried three different bluetooth headsets, most recently a Corsair Gaming H2100. I have no problem getting the audio output to work just fine with any of them, but I cannot get
    it to recognize the microphone. I have followed all of the obvious steps:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the drivers
    • Restart my computer
    • Disable other microphones
    • Set the headset as the default recording device
    • Check the levels and set to 100
    • Remove the device with the device manager and reinstall
    • Unplug and plug back in my bluetooth antenna
    • Make sure that Windows is totally updated
    None of these steps has made any difference. I am able to get wired microphones to work, but this isn't ideal with my current set-up, as I sit about 10 feet away from my computer and use my 55" television as my monitor. So, I have a really nice webcam that
    I use as a microphone. It is fine, but I would really like to be able to use a bluetooth headset sometimes and not have to talk loudly to a microphone across the room.

Happy to have any help. Thanks.

KerooSeta, Oct 1, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Why does my bluetooth headset microphone never work in windows 10?

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Why does my bluetooth headset microphone never work in windows 10?

1. Why does my bluetooth headset microphone never work in windows 10? - Similar Threads - Why does bluetooth

2. Bluetooth Headset microphone does not work with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headset microphone does not work with Windows 10: I have a Bluetooth headset, when I connect them to my windows 10 laptop, it works only the audio but not the microphone. In bt devices it says that it's not connected as "audio and music" but only as "music". So as effect on Microsoft teams or Zoom, I can only hear through...
  3. Bluetooth Headset microphone does not work with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headset microphone does not work with Windows 10: I have a Bluetooth headset, when I connect them to my windows 10 laptop, it works only the audio but not the microphone. In bt devices it says that it's not connected as "audio and music" but only as "music". So as effect on Microsoft teams or Zoom, I can only hear through...
  4. Bluetooth Headset microphone does not work with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The microphone of the Bluetooth headset does not work Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The microphone of the Bluetooth headset does not work Windows 10: I have Infinity Glide N120 Bluetooth Headphones that work fine on mobile phones, but the mic doesn't work on ASUS Vivobook Windows10. Although I can listen to the music properly on the laptop, but while using the microphone it doesn't work, I can't hear anything. The same...
  6. The microphone of the Bluetooth headset does not work Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microphone of the Bluetooth headset does not work Windows 10: I have Infinity Glide N120 Bluetooth Headphones that work fine on mobile phones, but the mic doesn't work on ASUS Vivobook Windows10. Although I can listen to the music properly on the laptop, but while using the microphone it doesn't work, I can't hear anything. The same...
  7. The microphone of the Bluetooth headset does not work Windows 10

8. The microphone of the Bluetooth headset does not work Windows 10

The microphone of the Bluetooth headset does not work Windows 10: I have Infinity Glide N120 Bluetooth headphones that work fine on mobile phones, but the mic doesn't work on the ASUS Vivobook.I already replaced my headphones once and I think it has no problem with MIC, but something related to the settings mainly.The same headphones work...
  9. Bluetooth headset microphone not working

Bluetooth headset microphone not working: Hi, There is some issue with a Bluetooth Headphone I have, the same was working so far, without any issues. The headphone used to Show 2 entities - Stereo & Hands-free but all of a sudden the hands-free option is no longer available and the settings suggests there is no...
  10. Bluetooth headset microphone does not work with Windows 10

Bluetooth headset microphone does not work with Windows 10: I am using Windows 10. I can plug in a wired device and the microphone is functional. But if I connect a bluetooth headset of which I have connected multiple I can hear audio without an issue but I cannot use the microphone. It connects into the audio input and I can set it...