Windows 10: Why does my brand new PC have activated Windows?

Discus and support Why does my brand new PC have activated Windows? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My new computer came with Windows activated without me getting ANY license key with it. It's a custom PC and to his knowledge, he did not activate it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lovewyd, Nov 30, 2020.

1. lovewyd Win User

Why does my brand new PC have activated Windows?

My new computer came with Windows activated without me getting ANY license key with it. It's a custom PC and to his knowledge, he did not activate it. Is it possible for Windows to come activated?

If the motherboard had been used before, is it possible that it could be why it was already activated?

:)

lovewyd, Nov 30, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Why does my brand new PC have activated Windows?

Activating Windows 10 on a brand new PC

Hello I got a new pc and I installed windows 10 on it and logged in my with Microsoft account but I still need to activate windows, How do I activate windows ( I already activated windows on my previous PC )

Karlas Zabachidze, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Why does my brand new PC have activated Windows?

1. Why does my brand new PC have activated Windows? - Similar Threads - Why does brand

2. Activating a brand new PC build with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating a brand new PC build with Windows 11: I currently have windows 10 installed on my pc. I will be upgrading my motherboard, cpu, gpu, psu etc. I want to install windows 11 on the new pc build. Can I use my windows 10 key to activate windows 11 on the new build even though I never upgraded the current windows 10 to...
  3. Activating a brand new PC build with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating a brand new PC build with Windows 11: I currently have windows 10 installed on my pc. I will be upgrading my motherboard, cpu, gpu, psu etc. I want to install windows 11 on the new pc build. Can I use my windows 10 key to activate windows 11 on the new build even though I never upgraded the current windows 10 to...
  4. Why is my WiFi option not available on a brand new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my WiFi option not available on a brand new PC?: I just build a new PC. I got a motherboard with WiFi comparably because I don’t have Ethernet available. The WiFi option isn’t a thing when I tried connecting WiFi to install drivers etc… Can someone please help me out? Motherboard: Z690 AORUS Elite AX...
  5. Why is my WiFi option not available on a brand new PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my WiFi option not available on a brand new PC?: I just build a new PC. I got a motherboard with WiFi comparably because I don’t have Ethernet available. The WiFi option isn’t a thing when I tried connecting WiFi to install drivers etc… Can someone please help me out? Motherboard: Z690 AORUS Elite AX...
  6. Why is my WiFi option not available on a brand new PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. WHY does my brand new computer have exactly same problem as the old after logging into my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WHY does my brand new computer have exactly same problem as the old after logging into my...: PLEASE HELP ME!Yesterday went out and bought a brand new BENQ desktop computer with Win 10. Logged into my Microsoft account with my email, to begin the process after starting new computer. Lo & behold, the exact same problems of the old HP Pavillion Win 10 computer loaded on...
  8. WHY does my brand new computer have exactly same problem as the old after logging into my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY does my brand new computer have exactly same problem as the old after logging into my...: PLEASE HELP ME!Yesterday went out and bought a brand new BENQ desktop computer with Win 10. Logged into my Microsoft account with my email, to begin the process after starting new computer. Lo & behold, the exact same problems of the old HP Pavillion Win 10 computer loaded on...
  9. Activating on a brand new device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating on a brand new device: Hello I have had Windows 10 since it was first released. I have had Windows 10 activated on several devices and recently with my laptop dying I built a new pc with all new hardware. Is there any way to get my license attached to this new computer? Thank you 150451
  10. brand new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brand new pc: Hello, I would like to install Office 365 which I believe is Microsoft Office Pro onto 2 brand new pcs. Firstly, am I allowed to upload it to both pcs and secondly, how do I do this from the very beginning? ( I've only charged the pcs at this stage)...