Windows 10: Why does my brightness auto-set to a low brightness when I turn it up above a certain amount?

Discus and support Why does my brightness auto-set to a low brightness when I turn it up above a certain amount? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I want to turn up my brightness, it always maxes out at 17 for some weird reason. I can manually set it above 17, but when I press the button to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Usayd Ansari, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Why does my brightness auto-set to a low brightness when I turn it up above a certain amount?

When I want to turn up my brightness, it always maxes out at 17 for some weird reason. I can manually set it above 17, but when I press the button to turn it up more, it jumps back to 17, and doesnt go up. Even when I turn it up from 0 brightness, it maxes out at 17. Why is this?I'm using Windows 11

:)

Usayd Ansari, Apr 1, 2023

2. Auto brightness

Hi Ajit,

To better assist you with the auto brightness issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you getting an error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Apr 1, 2023
  3. brightness profile

Hello,

About your concern, you can change the brightness profile of your Windows 10 Mobile. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select System, then Display.
    • Turn off Auto brightness. You can adjust the slider to any screen brightness percentage.

Don't hesitate to post back if you need further assistance.

Michael Rey, Apr 1, 2023
  4. Why does my brightness auto-set to a low brightness when I turn it up above a certain amount?

How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?

I have looked in the display section under settings AND control panel, but there is no auto brightening feature listed in either place, BUT the screen will randomly max out the brightness when opening apps.

CrazyCaboose009, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

Why does my brightness auto-set to a low brightness when I turn it up above a certain amount?

1. Why does my brightness auto-set to a low brightness when I turn it up above a certain amount? - Similar Threads - Why does brightness

2. Auto Brightness is turned off in settings but whenever in a game, brightness continues...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Brightness is turned off in settings but whenever in a game, brightness continues...: My brightness usually doesn't change since I have the auto-brightness setting off, but whenever I load up a certain game my brightness goes down, and then continues going down. I have to continually turn the brightness up over and over again, sometimes the brightness goes...
  3. Auto Brightness is turned off in settings but whenever in a game, brightness continues...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Brightness is turned off in settings but whenever in a game, brightness continues...: My brightness usually doesn't change since I have the auto-brightness setting off, but whenever I load up a certain game my brightness goes down, and then continues going down. I have to continually turn the brightness up over and over again, sometimes the brightness goes...
  4. Why does my brightness auto-set to a low brightness when I turn it up above a certain amount?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my brightness auto-set to a low brightness when I turn it up above a certain amount?: When I want to turn up my brightness, it always maxes out at 17 for some weird reason. I can manually set it above 17, but when I press the button to turn it up more, it jumps back to 17, and doesnt go up. Even when I turn it up from 0 brightness, it maxes out at 17. Why is...
  5. Auto brightness when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto brightness when plugged in: Recently re-set my computer back to factory, re-installed Windows 11, and now when I have it plugged in, if I change between a dark and light UI application, the brightness automatically adjusts. This does not happen on battery. I have checked everything possible and read...
  6. Auto brightness when plugged in

Auto brightness when plugged in: Recently re-set my computer back to factory, re-installed Windows 11, and now when I have it plugged in, if I change between a dark and light UI application, the brightness automatically adjusts. This does not happen on battery. I have checked everything possible and read...
  7. How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?: I have looked in the display section under settings AND control panel, but there is no auto brightening feature listed in either place, BUT the screen will randomly max out the brightness when opening apps....
  8. How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?

How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?: I have looked in the display section under settings AND control panel, but there is no auto brightening feature listed in either place, BUT the screen will randomly max out the brightness when opening apps....
  9. How to turn off auto brightness when there is no setting for it?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. screen brightness auto set

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen brightness auto set: How do I get the screen brightness to automatically be the same as when the laptop is plugged in to power and when it is running on battery?...