Windows 10: Why does my browser goes backward when I press CTRL-ALT-168 (or any Spanish key combination)?

Discus and support Why does my browser goes backward when I press CTRL-ALT-168 (or any Spanish key combination)? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, I've been having this problem for a while. Why does my browser goes backward when I press Spanish keyboards combinations with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMGrapes, Dec 22, 2018.

1. AMGrapes Win User

Why does my browser goes backward when I press CTRL-ALT-168 (or any Spanish key combination)?

Greetings,

I've been having this problem for a while. Why does my browser goes backward when I press Spanish keyboards combinations with the CRTL+ALT+ (any number)? I just want to type my Spanish keyboards keys and it always happens. I'm very close to just buying a Spanish keyboard but I wanted to try if someone has a solution about this before I go buying something I might not need.

Thank you very much for your help!

-Andrea

:)

AMGrapes, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Alt code combinations have changed

For some reason, the numerical combinations that I have to input to print out specific Unicode characters have changed.

The first Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3, ... Alt+31 don't return anything anymore.

[Alt]+[3]+[2] is " " (spacebar/blank), [Alt]+[3]+[3] is !.

Other combinations have changed as well.

- Alt+7 used to be the "bullet" •, but now • requires Alt+0149.

- Alt+133 used to be '…' which now requires Alt+0133 instead.

- Alt+168 has in the past returned '¿'. Now ¿ requires Alt+0191 while Alt+168 returns what is called the 'replacement character '�', a white question mark in a black diamond.

Many of these character combinations have changed for some reason and some won't display at all (1-31 = nothing, others = �).

Wikipedia says that

> Users of English (US) keyboards under Microsoft Windows can
    obtain the inverted question mark "¿" using the Alt code method by holding down the Alt key
    and pressing 0191, 6824, or 168 on the number pad

But it doesn't explain what determines which combination has to be used and how to switch between them.

For people who have memorized a lot of these combinations that are now switched or no longer working this creates a real headache.

Tempus Spatium, Dec 22, 2018
  4. illaccc Win User

Why does my browser goes backward when I press CTRL-ALT-168 (or any Spanish key combination)?

Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>

Hi There!

Greetings!!

Unable to configure hotkey combination Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>. When tried to set it, Key strokes Ctrl+Shift+Alt are detected but combination key is not accepting. Able to configure other hotkey combinations like CTRL+Alt+<key> or Ctrl+<key> or Alt+<key>

Laptop: HP elitebook 8440p
    Processor: Intel core i5
    Graphic: Intel

Appreciate any help in this matter

Thank you

illaccc, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does my browser goes backward when I press CTRL-ALT-168 (or any Spanish key combination)? - Similar Threads - Why does browser

2. Why my keyboard opens the browser when I press CTRL?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my keyboard opens the browser when I press CTRL?: Some days ago I have this issue that when I press de CTRL key inmediatly the browser gets open, I've tried refreshing the HID but it didn't work....
  3. Why my keyboard opens the browser when I press CTRL?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my keyboard opens the browser when I press CTRL?: Some days ago I have this issue that when I press de CTRL key inmediatly the browser gets open, I've tried refreshing the HID but it didn't work....
  4. Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?

Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?: Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?So first of all, right after I sign in it brings me to a black screen. I saw a video telling me to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and and hold the shift key while I press the power button and press restart, but I can't press...
  5. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.: Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it. It started to happen when I started to use VS Code. When it happens, I press ESC+Ctrl or ESC+Alt to unlock the holding. However, the holding happens randomly about once two minutes, so it is really annoying. Is there a way to fix...
  6. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.: Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it. It started to happen when I started to use VS Code. When it happens, I press ESC+Ctrl or ESC+Alt to unlock the holding. However, the holding happens randomly about once two minutes, so it is really annoying. Is there a way to fix...
  7. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu": When i press alt it override everthing! The right alt key is fine this issue is only on the left alt key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-presse-the-alt-key-it-opens-the-ctrlaltdel/e109b53c-91f1-403b-ab72-63c03f46423e
  9. When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu"

When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu": When i press alt it override everthing! The right alt key is fine this issue is only on the left alt key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-presse-the-alt-key-it-opens-the-ctrlaltdel/e109b53c-91f1-403b-ab72-63c03f46423e
  10. What does ctrl + alt+ B key combination do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does ctrl + alt+ B key combination do?: I was working on Visual Studio Code and used that key combination to build my script while listening music at the same time. Then I realized that when I use this combination it reduces my speaker volume. No matter what programs are open or closed, it changes my volume level....