Windows 10: why does my c drive lose random storage?

Discus and support why does my c drive lose random storage? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This has happened before and i have fixed an issue with scanning and repairing my drive.link here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ASIFaziz4, Feb 4, 2023.

1. ASIFaziz4 Win User

why does my c drive lose random storage?

This has happened before and i have fixed an issue with scanning and repairing my drive.link here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-drive-scan-my-main-drive/730a228f-6040-47a5-a776-9f15c69f878d take i quick look at this for any more info.The basic things from the forum post linked above is that i was losing about 1gb almost every boot before i fixed one of the issues.I did feel like the amount of storage i lost on boot decreased instead of around 1gb almost every boot it was more like every 4 boots.It did also go down when i updated an application, for exampl

:)

ASIFaziz4, Feb 4, 2023
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Feb 4, 2023
  3. Hard Drive Storage

I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb
    is being taken up by Apps and features but when I click on this and show the list of installed apps with their sizes, I have added up the entire list and it comes to 25Gb total. It doesn't show what's eating up the rest of the 400Gb of space. I have deleted
    everything I can and have only been able to free up 11Gb so far so my c drive is still showing red. At this point is the only other step to reload the pc, or does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be and how to fix?

Thanks,

Heather

Heather Clemons, Feb 4, 2023
  4. thomaseg1 Win User

What's eating up my \C: drive?

From the list above you haven't used storage sense or disk clean.
    $GetCurrent is upgrade files which can be cleared with either .

for
    • Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose System protection.
    • Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click Configure.
    • Step 3: Tap the Delete button.
    • Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.
    restore points (system volume)

thomaseg1, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

1. why does my c drive lose random storage? - Similar Threads - why does drive

2. My c drive has lost alot of storage randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My c drive has lost alot of storage randomly: today my c drive storage had 160 gigs but now it has 40 gigs, i dont really know why. I used a tool called tree size to find what was using so much and it was users using 66 gigs, programn data using 144 gigs and programn files using 100 gigs. How do i get my storage back....
  3. My c drive has lost alot of storage randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My c drive has lost alot of storage randomly: today my c drive storage had 160 gigs but now it has 40 gigs, i dont really know why. I used a tool called tree size to find what was using so much and it was users using 66 gigs, programn data using 144 gigs and programn files using 100 gigs. How do i get my storage back....
  4. why does my c drive lose random storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does my c drive lose random storage?: This has happened before and i have fixed an issue with scanning and repairing my drive.link here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-drive-scan-my-main-drive/730a228f-6040-47a5-a776-9f15c69f878d take i quick look at this for any more info.The...
  5. why does my c drive lose random storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my c drive lose random storage?: This has happened before and i have fixed an issue with scanning and repairing my drive.link here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-drive-scan-my-main-drive/730a228f-6040-47a5-a776-9f15c69f878d take i quick look at this for any more info.The...
  6. Keep on randomly losing space on my C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep on randomly losing space on my C drive: So recently I cleared up around 30 GB of space on my c drive and which is a lot for me as I had around 9GB before. But I've been noticing that I just randomly lose space without even downloading anything. I would notice it while browsing through my computer and I would see I...
  7. Keep on randomly losing space on my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep on randomly losing space on my C drive: So recently I cleared up around 30 GB of space on my c drive and which is a lot for me as I had around 9GB before. But I've been noticing that I just randomly lose space without even downloading anything. I would notice it while browsing through my computer and I would see I...
  8. Keep on randomly losing space on my C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. My C: Drive is randomly gaining storage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My C: Drive is randomly gaining storage: The past week I noticed my C: Drive was gaining storage very slowly for no reason. Today I decided to remove some stuff from it because it was gaining quite a bit, it was roughly at 60 gigs when I removed stuff and got it to 151 gigs. I took a screenshot right after cleaning...
  10. Randomly Losing Storage on C Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Randomly Losing Storage on C Drive: Hi everyone. I've had this problem for several months at this point so I'm not sure when or if an update to Windows 10 introduced it. But basically, on my main drive (an ssd with about 10-12GB space at any given time), every so often, maybe a few times a month, I'll start...